Barcelona FS9 Initial realease Issues

Shaun Fletcher

I test all approches without issue and I have all add-on on a medium PC ...

Very very good FPs ... thank you Aerosoft ...very pleasent scenery and the AES lite is fantastique.

For all ... if you have old add-on from Italian ISD Project "Punta Raisi" ... some time this add-on make a trouble on spain territories in area Barcelone and Madrid ... dissable this scenery and test again ...

Since Flamingo said he had a CTD while flying the iFly 737, you guys should know that several users have CTDs while on approach with the iFly 737.

Why not fly the same approach with a default 737 and see if the problem persists? If it doesn't then the problem may lie with the iFly. Just a thought. :unsure:

Hello all

I think that i find a mistake in the Barcelona airport.

See the image attached (runway 07 L) and say what's your opinion about the double ILS.

Thanks.

Ricard

PD: The scenery is awesome

Hello Ricard

Yepp, looks very strange indeed, but it's the real configuration as you can see on the attached picture.

post-1868-098207100 1284823127_thumb.jpg

Hi, what follows is the report of 2 or 3 CTDs:

Nome evento problema: APPCRASH

Nome applicazione: fs9.exe

Versione applicazione: 9.1.0.40901

Timestamp applicazione: 4135a208

Nome modulo con errori: nvd3dum.dll

Versione modulo con errori: 8.17.12.5896

Timestamp modulo con errori: 4c378e88

Codice eccezione: c0000005

Offset eccezione: 00334308

Versione SO: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

ID impostazioni locali: 1040

Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 0a9e

Ulteriori informazioni 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ulteriori informazioni 3: 0a9e

Ulteriori informazioni 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

-------------------------

Nome modulo con errori: FE.DLL

Versione modulo con errori: 9.1.0.40901

Timestamp modulo con errori: 4135a88e

Offset eccezione: 0000326a

----------------------

Nome modulo con errori: StackHash_fb8b

Versione modulo con errori: 0.0.0.0

Timestamp modulo con errori: 00000000

Offset eccezione: 00000000

Informazioni aggiuntive 1: fb8b

Ulteriori informazioni 2: fb8bd1bf7dcc44d047c58f37f56ad727

Ulteriori informazioni 3: fa63

Ulteriori informazioni 4: fa63c80ebf2b9d98cfa9fc211d9a92ad

Regards

Sal Mezzetti

See my previous report on CTD ILS 07R.

Same happened ILS 07L at 500 ft .

In the meantime found out that CTD 's occur in various situations and with different a/c ( not only Ifly) and also upon departure e.g. positioning a/c at gate etc etc

Is fe.dll causing your CTD? If so, you'll need to check textures for AI aircraft that are dominant at BCN, such as Iberia, Vueling, Spanair and Air Europa. I was getting regular CTDs at Madrid until I eventually found an Air Nostrum CRJ with a dodgy texture.

Rob

Hi ,

Today I did several tests and flights , in combination with PMDG B737-800 , FsPassenger , ActiveSky and WoAI , concerning Barcelona X FS9.

During day-flights (3 flights) : no problems at all.

During night-flights (5 flights) : all the the time CTD's during taxiing before take-off and after landing.

CTD's without messages.

I don't know what went wrong.

Kindest regards ,

Tom.

Hi All

I also had CTD problems immediately when loading the scenery, but only if the flight is started in the morning. If it was an afternoon flight there were no problems. So I checked my World of AI aircraft. I have the latest Spanair package and one of the textures for an A320 was in 32 bits. I converted this to DXT3 and then started the flight again at exactly the same time, and now there is no CTD. So I would advise anyone who has WOAI packages to check that there are no 32bit textures. This may not be the reason for other peoples CTDs, but the solution worked for me.

Best regards

James

Hi James ,

It is off-topic , I know , but , please , can you tell us how to convert 32bits to DXT3 ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kindest regards ,

Tom.

Hi James ,

It is off-topic , I know , but , please , can you tell us how to convert 32bits to DXT3 ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kindest regards ,

Tom.

Find a program such as dxtbmp...it's free to get and you'll be able to convert the textures with that.

Just put back in my AI...and bingo...CTD within seconds.

Took out my Spanish AI traffic and the problem was no longer there.

Installed one by one...Air Europe then Iberia. No problems thus far.

Put back in Spanair...and bam..CTD.

I've pretty certain then, that the problem lies within the Spanair WOAI package.

I've pretty certain then, that the problem lies within the Spanair WOAI package.

I had also cdt with Madrid and it was the ai traffic so if some people get crashes its good too always try it again with ai traffic to zero just to make sure its not something in the ai.

During night-flights (5 flights) : all the the time CTD's during taxiing before take-off and after landing.

Tom.

Sounds to me you might want to go hunting for either corrupted lightmap textures, or AI aircraft which are missing lightmaps.

And yes, I think there's a Spanair in the WOAI package that has been flagged before for being a bit iffy. If in doubt, look for 4,000(ish)kb textures and convert them to DXT3 - the approx size with mips will be 1,366kb, or without mips it'll go to 1,025kb.

Rob

• Upvote 1

Quite possible. There was a similar problem discussed here at the time the LEMD scenery was out. Look into your Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\WoA_EVAI_A320-200_IAE folder. If you see a Spanair texture folder heavier than 1.25Mb, it's very probably the black sheep.

Anyway, DXTBmp solved it for me.

Wish you well,

Iouri

Oops! Rob was faster!

• Upvote 1

Gentlemen,

had the same issue with the CTDs and it was caused by one of the Spanair A320-200 IAE textures (one of the the special liveries, like "city of valencia"...). As said before the texture is 32bit instead of 3DXT and therefore causes the CTDs. You can identify the faulty texture by opening it with the standard windows picture preview program - if you are able to open it w i t h o u t an error message (something like "unable to open"), you've found it....

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Indeed everything working fine after Spanair WoA1 4mb texture removed. Thanks a lot those guys who knew where the problem was and thanks to the designers of Barcelona El Prat for another wonderful sceneray again!

Best regards

Well, it still not working for me, I removed all my other Spanish Airports (IBZ, PMI, MAD, MAH) and left only BCN (also removed the WoAI Spanair package) and I am still getting CTDs

I am starting to get pretty annoyed at this.

This the last log from EventViewer

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: fs9.exe

P2: 9.0.0.30612

P3: 00534d69

P4: G3D.DLL

P5: 9.0.0.30612

P6: 3ee946b8

P7: c0000005

P8: 00014b26

P9:

P10:

I am going to try deleting the FS9cfg file and let FS create a new one when launched, maybe it will sort itself out... if it does not work... 25 euros down the drain :(:mecry_s:

Ctocco.

Ctocco

Yes, in old time I have the same problem with an another compagnie ... and with Spanair also ... I solve this problem when Madrid is release.

In first ... test with A.I. at "0%" ... (in 80 % most case, A.I. is responsible CTD )

In other 20 % case, yes is possible some time a conflit with another scenery ...

In second test, deactivate one by one in the library your another scenery for to isolate the intruder.

Begin by the free scenery <;).

Another ... look with AFCAD programme if you not have an another old LEBL AF2 files ...