Why you have never done Italian airport

marcon8122

Me and many friends are wondering about an Aerosoft version of Malpensa and Fiumicino.

Why you have never done them ?

Thanks for reply

If you look at Fsdreamteam's forum it seems that they may do LIRF next, and one of the comments on there (as people want a US airport instead) is that Aerosoft have Europe covered!

Wasn't Italy Lago terrority in the past?

to be honest, Umberto said, since a few guys cheated on the Poll, LIRF is unlikely to be done. For now, it is KLAS, and then most likley KMIA

Italy is really a white spot in the european FSX-map. Except Florence and Venice there are no major airports done for FSX. And it's bad, that espiacely Rome/LIRF is not available. I'm pretty sure that Umberto and his FSDT will never ever make LIRF, he said it clearly some time ago, coz he sees no financial sucess in such a project, he prefers to stay in USA. So there must be found another designer for LIRF.

I like the projects from Aerosoft-designer Peter Werlitz very much, so come on Aerosoft...............it's your turn !!!

Bernhard

• Upvote 2

to be honest, Umberto said, since a few guys cheated on the Poll, LIRF is unlikely to be done. For now, it is KLAS, and then most likley KMIA

I can't see them doing KLAS again. They only did it recently didn't they?

It's a complex market, believe me. Not only do you need to have a full Italian support but also because it's one of the countries in Europe where piracy is very big. Our experiences are not very good.

But isn't Rome such an interesting product also for other european simmers, that it could be a success even without all those bloody italian pirats???? There still exists those nice Rome-town-scenery by Cloud9 which was done also for FSX. So for me as a german simmer Rome would be an attractive destination.

Bernhard

• Upvote 2

Italy is really a white spot in the european FSX-map. Except Florence and Venice there are no major airports done for FSX. And it's bad, that espiacely Rome/LIRF is not available. I'm pretty sure that Umberto and his FSDT will never ever make LIRF, he said it clearly some time ago, coz he sees no financial sucess in such a project, he prefers to stay in USA. So there must be found another designer for LIRF.

I like the projects from Aerosoft-designer Peter Werlitz very much, so come on Aerosoft...............it's your turn !!!

Bernhard

...he sees no financial success in Italian airports, so you expect Aerosoft to do them..?

I do hope you were being ironic, because that has the potential for being not just funny, but hilarious! :lol:

If Italy is so interesting, where are the freeware Italian airports? Is there a dedicated Italian airports and scenery site? More than one? Does it have an English-speaking community? Is it active? Why have we never heard of it..?

I suspect that Mathijs will be popping in to tell you that Aerosoft is a business, and it has to guage its projects based on likely commercial success.

It's not the absence of Italian airports that gives rise to the conclusion that it's a non-starter. It's the absence of anyone noticing there weren't any...

:huh:;)

• Aerosoft

What I forgot to add is that it's nearly impossible for us to get boxes in the Italian market. That had something to do with the fact that LAGO was bought by a major distributor when I was working for them. When I left LAGO to work for Aerosoft they did not take it well. By now almost all markets are hard for boxed products of course.

Believe me, we would gladly do Italian products but we have had very limited success. Other areas are simply more profitable for the same investment. And more profitable also means more happy simmers.

But isn't Rome such an interesting product also for other european simmers, that it could be a success even without all those bloody italian pirats???? There still exists those nice Rome-town-scenery by Cloud9 which was done also for FSX. So for me as a german simmer Rome would be an attractive destination.

Bernhard

So we are not more than two lonely Germans that wish to have a proper (payware) LIRF solution in FSX...? Hardly to believe, I was just reading "some funny people cheated on the poll". So let me just ask one serious question:

How old are these "funny people"?

Seriously not older than 13. I was born in 1978 so you can turn around 13...

Oh, I know, reading in Forums shouldn't make you angry but sometimes I just can't stop it...

I'm interested in switching from fs9 to fsx, but if this thread is the answer that comes from the FSX community, then I don't want to be part of the FSX community.

• Upvote 3

It's a complex market, believe me. Not only do you need to have a full Italian support but also because it's one of the countries in Europe where piracy is very big. Our experiences are not very good.

So you think that only Italians costumers are interested in italians airports i don't think so and a about piracy i'm not so convinced is the same situation in all Europe i personally know about 10 / 12 Flight Simulator addicted and all of us had only originals product bought via Internet or boxed. I have spent about 1000 Euros in addons or aircraft in two years and i'll spent more in the future.

I have told about italians airport because i see many little and almost unkwon airport done from your company, i have found LIMC payware for FSX but i don't want airports from others developer because i think that yours are better.

The other developer has released a free version of a little airport, i have tried it i was disappointed for FPS and i have imagined what it would be for a bigger HUB !!!

PS for piracy try to search in google the word " Espal" or "RU" are you sure we are the main pirate country in europe ? wacko.gif

I have just talk with a dear friend that have worked for Lago when you are into and told me about the situation. The problem was the programmers payment as he told me not the market.

Either way you have your answer. There's no money in it! <_<

Either way you have your answer. There's no money in it! <_<

I'm not sure i'm thinking about others project form Aerosoft and i wonder about real money incoming.

Rightly Aerosoft is a company and must earn on their products.

I speak as a fan of flight simulation hope that these prejudices about my country will be denied.

Personally I have to buy a competitor's product and try to adapt it to make it work well.

At least their courage will be rewarded.

• Aerosoft

PS for piracy try to search in google the word " Espal" or "RU" are you sure we are the main pirate country in europe ? wacko.gif

I would never say (and never said) that Italy is the main pirate country of Europe. Things in Eastern Europe are worse. I just say that piracy is one of the reasons we do not do Italian airports at this moment.

Please do not get me wrong, I love Italy, still long back to Como, but we got pay 50+ people in Aerosoft and that's just hard at this moment with Italian products. I am sure things will change. People will understand that piracy is one of the main reasons scenery for some locations is lacking. Personally I would love a good Malpensa.