Airbus X version 1.20

I don't fly real planes

I would never land with maximum weight..(or even 50% for that matter) and how could you possibly find yourselves in that situation. Sure, after a take off with a problem, but you'll need to drop/burn fuel to re-land which would most likely be manually done anyway.

If you want to test the autoland you should factor in the lower end of the weight scale and see what happens then.....I haven't tried it as I always land manually whatever the plane. Just a thought.

Please remember: other addons could land with 150 ft/m with auto land and with full weight!

Landing with full weight was only a test for that addon, but also an autoland with 50% weight is really to rough with 330 ft/m and more.

But my main problem is not autolanding, the takeoff power is the problem. If I will start with full weight (and that is reality!) at EDDN, but the Airbus X is to slow for that (or the runway is to short with 2.700m).

Please see here: http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=259770

Hello Schmiko

I can take off from GibralterX RW27 (1,628m 5,341ft it might be a little bit more in FSX, 6000ft I think) with TO/GO, flap 3, trim 1.5 up, 148 passengers and 65% fuel for a 3 hour trip to Heathrow RW27R via MID and BIG - I actually only use 2/3rds of the fuel as the Airbus seems to burn around 10%/hour @FL290...so I can probably get away with 45-50% fuel load - REX weather wind direction permitting - I might try that tonight as I'm still tweaking and if I run out of fuel and crash, well, it's not real so that's OK... - I use fspassengers not the loader that came with the AirbusX to load the weights.

Where are you going that needs full tanks? and 8000ft of runway should be plenty......without actually trying it I would use flaps 2 and trim set to 1 up and see if you go up ok.

EDIT: Ooops just saw you other post - try flaps 3 :)

And do you use set FSX weather or real-time weather engine like REX? that could make a difference.

I have had the nose dive issue since buying the plane at v1.11 and now at 1.20. Never do much in the autoland so only speaking from a manual approach. Somewhere around 100ft or so it dives down and only if I apply a lot of thrust can I get the plane to pull up sometimes.

It's almost as if there's no elevator control as I have the joystick pulled way back and it won't recover. If this was fixed I would be way happy, I don't have the fps loss others are experiencing, thankfully.

My issues with v1.2 are similar. Very slow and long take off roll, although interestingly, if I push the F4 button on my keyboard I get full thrust. For the balance of the flight, as long as you are in managed mode, it's fine, but the minute you pull off the a/p on final, the nose dives significantly and most "bus" pilots I've ever seen pull the a/p off at about 1000 feet stabilized on final. I can't do it in this aircraft, recovery is possible, but difficult. If you go completely manual, it's possible to land the plane, albeit a little hard on the bird and passengers. For me, it's entirely too much trouble to fly in its current state and will remove the software and follow the discussion until the advanced version comes out. I'm disappointed.

It's actually quite easy to land manually.......if you have hardware, that is (forget it if you are a keyboard and mouse user)......and make sure the flight controls buttons are off as well as the FD and AP button.

I've just completed a flight and here's the report....

Flight ID: NCA911

Flight Type: Normal

Pilot: Chris Crosseye

Company: No Crash Airlines

Aircraft: Airbus A320 British Airways

Flight Date: September 29 2010

Departure: 22h05 (21h05 GMT)

Arrival: 23h23 (22h24 GMT)

To: EGPH - Edinburgh - United Kingdom

Nbr of Passengers: 148

Report:

Flight Distance: 287 Nm Landing Speed: 132.91 kt

Time Airborne: 00h57:56 Landing Touchdown: -132.3 ft/m (kiss)

Flight Time (block): 01h18:35 Landing Pitch: 2.35°

Time On Ground: 00h13:12 Landing Weight: 55923 kg

Average Speed: 253.69 kt Total Fuel Used: 3368 kg

Climb Time: 00h21:36 Climb Fuel Used: 1649 kg

Cruise Time: 00h15:15 Cruise Fuel Used: 730 kg

Average Cruise Speed: 424.92 kt (M0.68) Cruise fuel/hour: 2874 kg (calc)

Descent Time: 00h31:08 Descent Fuel Used: 989 kg

Player real flight time: 01h07:59 (airborne w/o time acceleration)

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)

-Were in a better mood because they had food.

-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.

Financial Report:

Ticket Income: +£11,842 (287 Nm)

Cargo Income: +£4,792 (4535 kg)

Services Income: +£1,110 (0 sandwich 1 hot food 1 drink)

Services Cost: -£1,039 (100% quality)

Fuel Cost: -£3,341 (3574 kg Jet-A1)

Airport Taxes: -£104 (Large Aircraft)

Insurance Costs: -£902 (5.43% rate)

Total Real Income: £12,356

Total Income: £617,806 (real x50)

Fleet Bonus: £409,638 (35 aircraft)

Total Sim Income: £1,027,445 (total income+fleet bonus)

Company Reputation:

Considering that the flight was perfect the ticket price very low, the service price good and the service quality perfect, passengers on this flight think that your company's reputation should be 100%

Your company reputation is now: 99.65% (+0.04 increase)

Overall Flight Result: Perfect

Pilot Bonus points: 280 points

You made a very smooth landing. (+50)

Perfect Flight, no problems, and very satisfied passengers. (+150)

You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)

Very bad weather conditions during take-off, but a safe landing with satisfied passengers. (+50)

It's actually quite easy to land manually.......if you have hardware, that is (forget it if you are a keyboard and mouse user)......and make sure the flight controls buttons are off as well as the FD and AP button.

I've just completed a flight and here's the report....

Flight ID: NCA911

Flight Type: Normal

Pilot: Chris Crosseye

Company: No Crash Airlines

Aircraft: Airbus A320 British Airways

Flight Date: September 29 2010

Departure: 22h05 (21h05 GMT)

Arrival: 23h23 (22h24 GMT)

To: EGPH - Edinburgh - United Kingdom

Nbr of Passengers: 148

Report:

Flight Distance: 287 Nm Landing Speed: 132.91 kt

Time Airborne: 00h57:56 Landing Touchdown: -132.3 ft/m (kiss)

Flight Time (block): 01h18:35 Landing Pitch: 2.35°

Time On Ground: 00h13:12 Landing Weight: 55923 kg

Average Speed: 253.69 kt Total Fuel Used: 3368 kg

Climb Time: 00h21:36 Climb Fuel Used: 1649 kg

Cruise Time: 00h15:15 Cruise Fuel Used: 730 kg

Average Cruise Speed: 424.92 kt (M0.68) Cruise fuel/hour: 2874 kg (calc)

Descent Time: 00h31:08 Descent Fuel Used: 989 kg

Player real flight time: 01h07:59 (airborne w/o time acceleration)

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)

-Were in a better mood because they had food.

-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.

Financial Report:

Ticket Income: +£11,842 (287 Nm)

Cargo Income: +£4,792 (4535 kg)

Services Income: +£1,110 (0 sandwich 1 hot food 1 drink)

Services Cost: -£1,039 (100% quality)

Fuel Cost: -£3,341 (3574 kg Jet-A1)

Airport Taxes: -£104 (Large Aircraft)

Insurance Costs: -£902 (5.43% rate)

Total Real Income: £12,356

Total Income: £617,806 (real x50)

Fleet Bonus: £409,638 (35 aircraft)

Total Sim Income: £1,027,445 (total income+fleet bonus)

Company Reputation:

Considering that the flight was perfect the ticket price very low, the service price good and the service quality perfect, passengers on this flight think that your company's reputation should be 100%

Your company reputation is now: 99.65% (+0.04 increase)

Overall Flight Result: Perfect

Pilot Bonus points: 280 points

You made a very smooth landing. (+50)

Perfect Flight, no problems, and very satisfied passengers. (+150)

You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)

Very bad weather conditions during take-off, but a safe landing with satisfied passengers. (+50)

and now the same fly but you land with autoland until the touchdown ?

i'm not sure that makes a smooth landing !

Nope! I usually disconnect at around 12 miles out and eyeball it in.....Why autoland when I can see the runway. Heck, I would do a manual approach if it was low visibility just to keep the skills up. I'm not much of a 'lets push a button' flyer as I like it hands on for departure and arrivals....Pushing the LOC and APP is about as boring as it get's. Before applying auto features you must learn the flight dynamics of an aircraft, flawed or not!!!.....in this case it's 'better the devil you know'..or get to know

However, I have autoland the plane before and it was fine. Not a pip out...I must stress though I am using V1.11 after a clean reinstall. V1.20 seemed OK except for the FPS - not going to use that!

EDIT: :) x

Please recondsider actually incorporating more features into the mcdu and fix the bugs. This addon has so much potential but i'm afraid it's wasted if the necessities arn't put in...Pople dont want to have to use 3rd party software JUST to do a real flight. Add the MCDU's real capability.:excl:

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...