Airbus X version 1.20

Hello all,

I purchased and downloaded v1.20 of the Airbus X which appears to be the latest version according to this thread.

Here, it says:

NOSEDIVE ON MANUAL LANDING SOLVED

Disabling AP on final no longer a problem.

Now, having had none of the previous Airbus X versions and starting out with a fresh 1.20 install, I regret to have to say that this is exactly the issue I'm experiencing.

I usually disconnect the AP about 1000 ft AGL on final to do the rest manually. I also tried to disengage the AP even earlier, always with the same result.

The aircraft goes into a nose dive, and recovers only after a while. I can handle this, but It does not seem right.

What's the trick to avoid the nosedive?

Hi, since I fly with the Airbus, ( I prefer use it in manually for landing training ), I disable the flight control on the right of the overpanel, so I advise to push by a right clic the 4 buttons, and you 'll have a fine control of the aircraft. In fact, I do it for the complete flight, even with the AP, no problems. And no nosedive on the final approach, with the first part in autoland and about 1000 ft, I take the control. try this way and see if you prefer.

Hi, since I fly with the Airbus, ( I prefer use it in manually for landing training ), I disable the flight control on the right of the overpanel, so I advise to push by a right clic the 4 buttons, and you 'll have a fine control of the aircraft. In fact, I do it for the complete flight, even with the AP, no problems. And no nosedive on the final approach, with the first part in autoland and about 1000 ft, I take the control. try this way and see if you prefer.

hi, yes, thats what causes them dives, the Fly By Wire, i dont realy like that anyway, so i turned it off in the aircraft.cfg,

Controls now are smooth, no more dives into Ground, flys like a Dream, also auto land works perfect.

You can either disable the FBW at Overhead, or do it as i do, in the Air.cfg

Happy Flying and

Friendly Greeting

schleicher77

hi, yes, thats what causes them dives, the Fly By Wire, i dont realy like that anyway, so i turned it off in the aircraft.cfg,

Controls now are smooth, no more dives into Ground, flys like a Dream, also auto land works perfect.

Happy Flying and

Friendly Greeting

schleicher77

well also tryeid to disabel the controls in on the overhead pannel but then it seems to have to good controls(unrealistic) and whit flight by wire on it works. have tryeid to changes settings but whit flight by wire off it dosent seems to mater, only when flight by wire is on you could se an difference. so flight by wire is ok to its limits but dont understand why it turns off at 100 ft or what ever it doese, but a bit iritating thing because if it was gone it would be easyer to fly.

A bit of real test flight by wire to the ones Who wants to se how it works in real world and the controles response:

Best regards Lars

Happy Flying and

Friendly Greeting

schleicher77

Very happy to help you, I don't try to change in the aircraft cfg, but good idea. The airbus A320 in reality have a special flight model, but the aerosoft Airbus X take off like a "crazy horse", so without the too much fly by wire, we can have a better control and more pleasure to fly with it. I change too the original call outs and the tcas sound with the real voice. For the real call outs, I arrange the retard sound, I can hear it after "20". You can find it on flightsim.com or avsim library, it's more realistic ! You can find the hold airbus call outs or the new, like you want. You just have to rename the wave file like the original. Aerosoft will be not happy to read it, but this is the only way to have a good aircraft. I don't know how add the 1000ft , 500ft and 300ft missed by aerosoft, if you know how to do, please explaine to me. Happy flying too and friendly, Cdt Avous .

• Upvote 1

Very happy to help you, I don't try to change in the aircraft cfg, but good idea. The airbus A320 in reality have a special flight model, but the aerosoft Airbus X take off like a "crazy horse", so without the too much fly by wire, we can have a better control and more pleasure to fly with it. I change too the original call outs and the tcas sound with the real voice. For the real call outs, I arrange the retard sound, I can hear it after "20". You can find it on flightsim.com or avsim library, it's more realistic ! You can find the hold airbus call outs or the new, like you want. You just have to rename the wave file like the original. Aerosoft will be not happy to read it, but this is the only way to have a good aircraft. I don't know how add the 1000ft , 500ft and 300ft missed by aerosoft, if you know how to do, please explaine to me. Happy flying too and friendly, Cdt Avous .

well could we stay to the problems / support . By the way there is already a freeware program for the sound that includes nearly if not all sound for boeing and Airbus as far as i know. pmSounds - Freeware for MSFS

Best regards Lars

I am amazed at the problems some people still seem to have: that's a pity. But I don't have any problems at all, really... Climb is good, autolanding is good. I really LOVE the new approach mode!!! That's absolutely awesome and it works like a charm....

I have tried V.1.20 this evening and the Airbus X works much better than before. Bute some problems still exists:

1.) starting with maximum weight needs a long long time for takeoff. At EDDN I need the whole runway with 2.700 m length for that. But it's much better than before. I used FSX dialogs for loading to the maximum weight!

2.) also the problem with rought auolanding still exists with maximum weight, I have 550 ft/m at landing and that's very rough ;) isn't it. Landing with a maximum weight of 60% works nearly fine with 330 ft/m. My PMDG MD-11 have only 150-180 ft/m with maximum weight.

So i think V1.20 is not the best Airbus addon on the world and it is not so good as i hoped, but it is useable (for me) and it looks absolutely great. So I hope for the professional version (managed descent, smoother autoland, more power for takeoff, better FMGS), but I love it to use this addon now.

Strange problem this afternoon - flying YPDN-YPPH, around a 4 hour flight. Everything went fine until around 20 minutes out of YPPH, graphics went haywire for about 30 seconds or so, ILS intercept went looney, huge climb on GS - took over and landed manually. When taxiing to the gate I started getting flashes of the approach - i.e. back to the F9 view and then to the external (which I use when taxiing). I'm assuming it is a memory issue, but it was real strange.

Still, the climb, the cruise etc., was all fine and good.

Could I just suggest to those that feel they need to slag the product, take a look at how many people are complaining about the same issues and then imagine how many thousands of users there will be that have this product now.

Yes, there's not many of you! Maybe asking a question would be a better idea in future, because it seems obvious that the majority are not having the same issues of the outspoken minority!

Having done. 2 flights last night, I'd have to say there is a minor nose "wobble" when disconnecting the AP and it's mildly annoying. The nose dive at 100ft is actually also very minor and it's supposed to that, it's what Airbus FBW calls simulated flare - it's to force the pilot to flare.

The descents are much better for with only some speedbrake use, but every Airbus I've flown used speedbrakes!

The framerates would appear to be a new issue and mine seem to have dropped too.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

1.) starting with maximum weight needs a long long time for takeoff. At EDDN I need the whole runway with 2.700 m length for that. But it's much better than before. I used FSX dialogs for loading to the maximum weight!

Did you use FLEX TO? If so, try TOGA

With regard to the takeoff distance comments, does anyone know what the distance for any give flex setting actually is?

I've seen at least one comment comparing FS to what they've seen at a specific airport which to me seems a little silly; unless they know what the real thing that they saw actually weighed and what power setting was used!

I'm not saying AirbusX does it right, but comparing experiences with assumptions/guesses is useless I think.

Well, never experienced them before but starting with version 1.20 I have CTDs after a while (landed, parked the plane and let it there for a while, EXT PWR connected). I will try to see if it reproducible.

Nothing else installed meanwhile.

Happy Flying and

Friendly Greeting

schleicher77

I didn't know FBW can be turned off in the aircraft.cfg. Good hint, thanks a lot!

At least, I found out how to enable the somewhat dead FO displays by replacing them with the versions for the CAPT :-)

Did you use FLEX TO? If so, try TOGA

I used TOGA, with FLEX there is no chance for a takeoff before the end of the runway..

Could you try that with your configaration please:

Takeoff at EDDN runway 28 with a weight of 88.934kg?

FMGS page INIT A: COST INDEX=050,

FMGS page INIT B: ZFW=72.6, BLOCK=18.6, TOW=91.2, LW=78.6

FMGS page PERF-TAKE OFF: FLAPS 2, TOFLX TO: 011

With that configuration my FMGS shows on page PERF-TAKE OFF: V1=156 V2=157, V2=161

If I try a takeoff at Runway 28 with TOGA I need absolutele every meter ;) of that runway with 2.700m length.

I think the Airbus X need a little more power for takeoff, but perhaps could it be that' s normal for an Airbus 321?:huh:

2.) also the problem with rought auolanding still exists with maximum weight, I have 550 ft/m at landing and that's very rough ;) isn't it.

Er... how do you think the real Airbus would land with maximum weight...? :huh: It's a bit like saying 'This Formula 1 simulator is crap because when I drive 300 mph I can't make that hairpin at Monaco without crashing into the wall...' -_-

Er... how do you think the real Airbus would land with maximum weight...? :huh: It's a bit like saying 'This Formula 1 simulator is crap because when I drive 300 mph I can't make that hairpin at Monaco without crashing into the wall...' -_-

I never land with maximum weight (fuel ~20%). I made 2 flights with 1.20 and both auto landings were pretty hard.. 602 FPM and 686 FPM.. that's how real Airbus lands?

:blink: flight and racing are completely different things. A racecar driver compensates mass with lower speed to do the corner, a pilot compensates mass with higher speed on final approach. With max weight you can still kiss the runway at touchdown because of this.

• Upvote 1

All this talk of heavy autolands; I wonder if everyone knows why the real thing is actually landed by the pilot?

Paul...I agree as I've found after much test flying that if you have the speeds computed correctly then the autoland is fine in 1.20. My problem IS with a manual reversion as the Aerosoft FBW system doesn't seem to trim the aircraft accurately. Perhaps this is something on my system but...On disengaging the autopilot I experience a gentle/moderate pitch up and then at 100ft the accurate, (but very strange to my mind), pitch up to remind you to flare! This makes hand flown approaches a bit of a roller coaster! Interestingly, if I dissengage the FBW system, then the autopilot correctly trims the aircraft so that, on disengaging the autopilot the aircraft is perfectly trimmed! It doesn't do anything about the bizarre flare reminder at 100ft though. Anyone else experiencing this? By the way. I did get the CDT problem but it is directly linked to the FSX sensitivity settings. select most sensitive then CDT. Select 50% No problem, even when you do constant restarts.

Mike

I thought autolands were reserved for low visibility situations...

.....anyway, I did a cleanup before reinstalling V1.20 and the sound clicks have gone....:blink:.......frames are better but not as good as V1.11

I have been testing it with LXGB, trying to get the right T/O config....with same time/weather(via REX) FSPassengers/LXGB X I see 45/60FPS with V1.11 and a fluctuating 16/40 FPS with V1.20.....if the panel refresh is the cause I'd like to be able to adjust it via a control panel prior to loading the plane.

BUT! it does seem a dirty uninstall/ reinstall was the cause to my problems......now onto a test flight!!!!!

I have done my last test flight. Flyin a SID by hand is not possible, with AP ON there is no problem. But i don't want to switch the AP on at 400FT like the most Airbus drivers do. When the SID has no turn to left or right than the FD Bars will follow NAV, but if there are turns so the FD Bars do nothing till the AP is engaged. This was in all of my flights. The other thing is an overspeed when i start descending from FL360 (or 320,340 ec) with an VS of 2000FT. At lower altitude this don't happens (like FL240). An AP disconnect during flight ends in an nose up +6000FT (so never do this). I don't know why many people love an Auto Land, i like to fly the APP by hand but this is only possible with FBW off. It's not a bad plane, absolute fantastic in look but it makes no fun to flying it (at time).

Chris

• Upvote 4

My autolandings are now at 600ft/m. Is that smooth?

A smooth autolanding is 150 ft/m, a not perfect but tolerable autolanding is 300-350 ft, a very hard autolanding with angry passengers is 500 ft/m or more :), so I think the Airbus needs a litte bit fine tuning for that. I you have only 50% of the maximum weight 89.990kg, the Airbus lands with 350 ft/m.

Paul...I agree as I've found after much test flying that if you have the speeds computed correctly then the autoland is fine in 1.20....

I have allways used the VAPP speed which tolds me the FMGS and trimed neutreal, but my autolandings are still very rough with 350 ft/m with 50% maximum weight and 550 ft/m with 100% maximum weight. With my PMDG MD-11 it is no problem to land with 150 ft/m and with maximum weight.

• Upvote 1