Airbus X version 1.20

Everything worked as expected for this intended target of add on. As far as I'm concerned and FSX related I will be flying this bird for a long time to come and can't wait for a more complex and advanced version to come out.

Thank again for providing so much fun......

+ 1 Well said William ;)

Well done it was worth the wait, Love it :clapping_s: :clapping_s: :clapping_s: :clapping_s: :clapping_s: Now I'm off to have a :beer3_s: on a geat job.

Mark

the heavy nose down at 100ft has been fixed, this is nice to see. However the rudder is still inop, and now there is a strong nose UP on autopilot disconnect.

the heavy nose down at 100ft has been fixed, this is nice to see. However the rudder is still inop, and now there is a strong nose UP on autopilot disconnect.

I'm still getting that on CAT3 Dual AP Autoland..

I almost crashed..

• Upvote 4

Hi!

I still have the same problem:

On final, let´s say 500 ft AGL, I disconnect the A/P and the aircraft makes a steep descent.

I have to pull the stick back firmly. I hoped that this issue would have been solved withe the update.

Plus, I lost a siginifcant amount of frames per second. I´d say 30% less compared to version 1.11

Otherwise, the update brought some nice additions and solved major bugs.

Greets,

Michael

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I AM reallly dissapointed in your product. I was anxious to wait for the 1.20, downloaded it today, installed it, and still. FSX crashes when you try to exit the game, it is unable to selectly move the altitude/speed knob, and I could understand why you cant allow a mouse to be used as a yoke/throttle, but I and others see more sophisticated aircraft softwares out there today that use the mouse as well for these operations and are more advanced then this Airbus X which is funny how you say its advanced yet still simple to use? Sorry thats just (Censored). By now you can tell i am really disappointed in your product, and because this was a download, money cannot be refunded. So I will look into this matter more, and contact my lawyer. Because this is truly a waste of money.

Why do you think there are hardly ANY videos on Youtube with the AIRBUS X? Because none have the chance to get this working properly.

Why are you doing this Aerosoft? Do you guys desperatly need money? You did not do your homework before thinking of creating such aircraft, you did not see the consequences/ concerns before this happened, and now.. your working on the CRJ!?!? Who cannot see that this is just ridiculous.

$40.55 to me was stolen, ok so you think im pushing it overthrottle just for $40.55, but you add up all the customers who purchased this aircraft and you will be shocked of how much money you have taken for a product that looked* nice. Here in Canada an the US- we have our freedom of speech, and I swear that I know I am not the only one who is experiencing this right now. I dont mean to brag, but my system is top notch, and It still cannot run this software addon (Yes i used ajoystick).

So Aerosoft, what will you do now? Design a CRJ that will be twice as ridiculous as the Airbus X is? They doo say Looks are Decieving, and if you have any empathy or even care in your customers, you'd keep this post open so others can explain how they feel about it, whether good, or not, it be their say.

This is in the books, and you just lost yourself a long term customer.

Be prepared for legal action. Though chances are slim for you do have your own system set for downloaded products, this matter will be taken into high priority and a response will be issued as soon as possible.

Let me be an early commenter to your post. You are not speaking for all customers. I see on post 162, 163, 165, 168 and 176 that they don't see what you're seeing. I have none of the problems you do with crashes and autopilot controls. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, because it's quite true others have some or all of your issues, judging from the posts. It's just that your absolute statement, "Because none have the chance to get this working properly" is simply not true.

My system is by no means top of the range, just mid range, so it's not that I have a super computer. My CPU is an i920 overclocked to 4.0 GHZ (like most of them on the planet) and my GPU is a 3 year old GTX 8800. I also have no tweaks in my fsx.cfg because I decided to follow Mathijs' advice for setting up to get decent frame rates.

I am quite pleased with the product as advertised, as sold and as patched. Is it perfect? No. Is, realistically, any software? No. And no, I do not work for Aerosoft.

• Upvote 2

Hi Jason,

No there's no SID & STARS with this version of the Airbus X. It supports Navigraph because you can update the database and be able to insert all the way points for a SID/STAR manually, not in a traditional Airbus way. The introduction of full SID/STARS support is intended for the Advanced version that will be coming out next.

Yes it works well on either Windows 7 32 or 64 bit as long as you take care of some basic details like permissions, privileges, etc.

Yes. The use of a good quality controller is always recommended but a decent Joystick can also do just fine.

Hope this clears it a little.

Cheers

Will

Hi Will,

Thank you for answering my questions. When you say about works fine with 32 bit and privileges what do you mean regarding this one?

Thanks Jason

Let me be an early commenter to your post. You are not speaking for all customers. I see on post 162, 163, 165, 168 and 176 that they don't see what you're seeing. I have none of the problems you do with crashes and autopilot controls. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, because it's quite true others have some or all of your issues, judging from the posts. It's just that your absolute statement, "Because none have the chance to get this working properly" is simply not true.

My system is by no means top of the range, just mid range, so it's not that I have a super computer. My CPU is an i920 overclocked to 4.0 GHZ (like most of them on the planet) and my GPU is a 3 year old GTX 8800. I also have no tweaks in my fsx.cfg because I decided to follow Mathijs' advice for setting up to get decent frame rates.

I am quite pleased with the product as advertised, as sold and as patched. Is it perfect? No. Is, realistically, any software? No. And no, I do not work for Aerosoft.

+1

I'm on my second flight with 1.2. I'm currently at FL370 cruising at Mach .794 and happy as larry :) Oh and I managed to add a couple of waypoints in preparation for my approach too.

I have an i7-920, not overclocked, with a GTX285 and 6GB of RAM running Win7 x64. I have applied a few tweaks to FSX, mainly those from Bojote (?) on the AVSIM forums.

There are a couple of minor issues that I would like looked at but by and large the aircraft meets my needs.

• Upvote 1

Hello there

I think that there are some mistakes with the beacon lights. Both should flash at the same time and the reflection over the wings and the engines is not at the same time than the flashing.

I agree that systems are not the best in this project as we were said but as you are selling a visual product this should be corrected.

Thanks for your time.

Xiropillo

Just like to say I am very happy with this aircraft after v1.20,bus now climbs properly and cruises at mach 0.78...take off power still needs to be looked at.

All and all a great product and well worth the money, it is the best looking vc and visual aircraft in FSX.

Hello Jürgen!

That is quite annoying, because disengaging the A/P on final in such a height is an absolutely common maneuver, so it should work properly, even on a "light" product.

And I forgot to mention this, Manual TOGA doesn't bring enough power. Like some of the last posts stated, you need a lot of runway to get airborne.

Thats the downside. The good points are that climb was nearly perfect for me on my last 2 flights, cruise was rock stable, the announciatons on PFD are nice now and so on.

Last thing that is a little sad is the loss of FPS.

It might be still quite good performancewise. But the wonderful behaviour of being no hog at all on the frames is gone.

I'm sure 1.2 won't be the final version!

Keep up that great work Aerosoft!

Greets,

Michael

• Upvote 2

If you are performing a flex TO then that is quite normal!

The N1 of take-off trust don't reaches the target,is about 10% inferior.Is a macroscopic error!!!This bug appear from the version 1.00 and still don't fixed.

P.S.I have installed the Acceleration pack but the problem remain.

Cristiano Bonfiglioli

• Upvote 3

Problem: Airbus X. Solution: Fly the Wilco model.

Seriously, a few weeks after release, and there's already demand for a FOURTH patch?! I was all for the Airbus X. Then I lost confidence after 1.01, then I nearly gave up after 1.11 but continued anyway, now 1.20 has me totally written off. Most of the excuses for these bugs and/or limitations are either:

A) I don't have that problem, weird.

or (my favorite)

b )That's an FSX limitation. We wanted to make this aircraft compatible with other addons.

What addons are you talking about exactly!? The aircraft already refuses to sync up in multiplayer cockpit sharing. There isn't ONE payware aircraft I own, that has things like custom engine models/electrics etc, that is utterly incompatible with ANYTHING. So I'm quite interested in hearing what world-ending incompatibility we would experience. Honestly, let's hear it. My Level D 767 has custom systems, so does my VRS Superbug X, so does my PMDG MD-11. Guess what, FSX actually handles those addons better. Don't feed us incompatibility/FSX limitation nonsense.

Has anyone from Aerosoft ever considered testing the Airbus X on an END USER SYSTEM? There's a reason for client-side beta testing.

The only reason I can think of for these bugs still existing, is Aerosoft beta testers simply do not know how to fly an A320.

This reminds me of when the A340-600 was being tested before an airline delivery, the pilots pulled a circuit breaker during engine run-up, the throttles clamped, and it broke through a blast barrier and crashed. They simply did not know how to operate an Airbus.

I think I need a refund.

• Upvote 7

I am amazed at the problems some people still seem to have: that's a pity. But I don't have any problems at all, really... Climb is good, autolanding is good. I really LOVE the new approach mode!!! That's absolutely awesome and it works like a charm. Great stuff. Makes it all a LOT more realistic imho. Awesome. A HUGE improvement over hte previous versions and I am surprised no one mentions it...! It's great!!!

There is only ONE thing that is giving me some kind of problem and that's the constant need for the speed brake during descent up to flaps full. It's not a big problem, I just set it to full and that's it and during approach I have to sometimes turn it off and on and off and on etc. I does take a bit too much of my attention, but it's certainly no big problem.

I love the Airbus X and it's all I am flying right now. I even left my beloved Orbx scenery and installed a few Aerosoft Mega Airports near my home country so I can fly in the neighbourhood. Since I am flying higher now the loss or FTX isn't too bad...(Well, until I will be flying GA again.) ^_^I even spend a lot more time behind the computer than I ever did for a year or so, all due to the Airbus X! -_-

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am amazed at the problems some people still seem to have: that's a pity. But I don't have any problems at all, really... Climb is good, autolanding is good. I really LOVE the new approach mode!!! That's absolutely awesome and it works like a charm. Great stuff. Makes it all a LOT more realistic imho. Awesome. A HUGE improvement over hte previous versions and I am surprised no one mentions it...! It's great!!!

There is only ONE thing that is giving me some kind of problem and that's the constant need for the speed brake during descent up to flaps full. It's not a big problem, I just set it to full and that's it and during approach I have to sometimes turn it off and on and off and on etc. I does take a bit too much of my attention, but it's certainly no big problem.

I love the Airbus X and it's all I am flying right now. I even left my beloved Orbx scenery and installed a few Aerosoft Mega Airports near my home country so I can fly in the neighbourhood. Since I am flying higher now the loss or FTX isn't too bad...(Well, until I will be flying GA again.) ^_^I even spend a lot more time behind the computer than I ever did for a year or so, all due to the Airbus X! -_-

It seems people either love this thing or hate it.

I'm in your camp. Works great for me, fun to fly, just little niggles. Good value for the money.

hi,

sorry for my poor english...

for the problem at take off, in mcdu page take off put on lsk4r to-flex TO 41 or 51 instead of 036 as prompt in pdf manual mcdu; i did a lfmn lfpo flight yesterday and no problem at to, climb and cruise. But at descent managed under fsx atc it's not faster, under 10000 feet descent managed at 1200ft/mn it's to slow after capture loc and select approach i were 3000 below the runway , it was impossible to land at lfpo.

FRED

just a problem at climb, if ap disconnect it was impossible to use trim, and climb at 4000ft/mn !!! use pro flight yoke system with rudder pedal, any solution?

Thanks

Hi,

I was hoping my first post would be gushing praise for the fixed 1.20 version, but I'm afraid it hasn't panned out that way.

My airbus has been in the hangar since the initial release due to the nosedive <100ft on landing. It looks like that problem hasn't been fully resolved for 1.20 but it's certainly better.

However, I'm now unable to take off. Selecting flex T/O induces a massive wheelie down the strip. Exciting for the passengers, maybe and spectacular for plane spotters, but not usable.

I've tried different trim settings but none seem to have any effect. Does anyone have any ideas?

Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEilLKHKW28

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Problem: Airbus X. Solution: Fly the Wilco model.

Seriously, a few weeks after release, and there's already demand for a FOURTH patch?! I was all for the Airbus X. Then I lost confidence after 1.01, then I nearly gave up after 1.11 but continued anyway, now 1.20 has me totally written off. Most of the excuses for these bugs and/or limitations are either:

A) I don't have that problem, weird.

or (my favorite)

b )That's an FSX limitation. We wanted to make this aircraft compatible with other addons.

What addons are you talking about exactly!? The aircraft already refuses to sync up in multiplayer cockpit sharing. There isn't ONE payware aircraft I own, that has things like custom engine models/electrics etc, that is utterly incompatible with ANYTHING. So I'm quite interested in hearing what world-ending incompatibility we would experience. Honestly, let's hear it. My Level D 767 has custom systems, so does my VRS Superbug X, so does my PMDG MD-11. Guess what, FSX actually handles those addons better. Don't feed us incompatibility/FSX limitation nonsense.

Has anyone from Aerosoft ever considered testing the Airbus X on an END USER SYSTEM? There's a reason for client-side beta testing.

The only reason I can think of for these bugs still existing, is Aerosoft beta testers simply do not know how to fly an A320.

This reminds me of when the A340-600 was being tested before an airline delivery, the pilots pulled a circuit breaker during engine run-up, the throttles clamped, and it broke through a blast barrier and crashed. They simply did not know how to operate an Airbus.

I think I need a refund.

thx for that ... and on the subject of fsx-limitations and compatibility to other addons: it seems that is a fine excuse and a face saving standard phrase.

finally, some parts of product description are fraudulent representations. and in all honesty, i think it was intended to catch the "well versed" customers ... my personal view.

• Upvote 5