Airbus X version 1.20

• Aerosoft

Does anybody know if we have to uninstall the V1.11 once the V 1.20 is ready? because they said it`s a new build and i have lots of liveries so i just want to know

so i don`t download anymore...Thank you:lol: and looking forward to this new update.

Yes it will be a full new build. a lot easier then updates for most inexperienced users.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I'm completely agree with you. I think the excellent visual quality of the Airbus does not correspond with the nullity of the systems ! Did you notice for example about the speedbrakes in flight, 2 parts on the left wing and 3 parts on the right wing, it's not serious. It's not correct for the guys who made the visual part, because they made better than PMDG and however it's a very good addon team. When I see this beautifull aircraft and his cockpit, I'm excited to fly with it, and when I begin to prepare my flight, I'm angry. Many people say about the call outs with the great "retard" at the same moment we hear 40, 30 etc... It's not the most difficult to make for this aircraft, so why miss seriousness ? This Airbus could have been the best aircraft for MSFS X, but it's for the moment and regrettably for a long time I think a half of a plane.

The retard issue was caused by a misinterpretation of a manual. The RETARD stage is started at 40 feet and we though it should play the call at that altitude. That's wrong and we corrected that.

For most of the other issues I think you are just not the kind of customer we had in mind, sorry but not really something we can solve. We never intended this to be the best aircraft for MSFSX, we intended this to be an aircraft for a certain kind of customer.

• Upvote 2

The retard issue was caused by a misinterpretation of a manual. The RETARD stage is started at 40 feet and we though it should play the call at that altitude. That's wrong and we corrected that.

For most of the other issues I think you are just not the kind of customer we had in mind, sorry but not really something we can solve. We never intended this to be the best aircraft for MSFSX, we intended this to be an aircraft for a certain kind of customer.

When I got the news that aerosoft will release a new airbus i was very happy, I know that isn't easy to develop an fsx aircraft but not possible to build the best, come on aerosoft you can make this aircraft the best plane of fsx ever you have the skills and the power to do better. Thak you!!!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

When I got the news that aerosoft will release a new airbus i was very happy, I know that isn't easy to develop an fsx aircraft but not possible to build the best, come on aerosoft you can make this aircraft the best plane of fsx ever you have the skills and the power to do better. Thak you!!!

Well, again with this release we aimed at a very large group of customers that is just no very much into the high system details. If you check for example the Catalina we have gone much deeper into systems, down to problems like shock cooling and plug fouling. For this project that was just never planned. It's also not priced like it. I am very sorry if some people wished it were more but it just is not. That has nothing to do with skills or something like that, but it has to do with the intended customer. And if you know what less then 0.5% of the current customers of the Airbus is active on these forums you might see why what is posted here is not representative of the customers.

So if you mean by 'better' a deeper systems simulation, as I expect you do, I suggest you check out this: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38888

Even with that version we do not want to go too deep into systems, but we'll add some of the more complex areas of the MCDU systems.

• Upvote 1

Will version 1.20 also address the issue with the German Version of FSX?

I think it has been mentioned in this Forum already that the panel states (like Cold and dark, taxi, etc) appear to be in the wrong folder in the German FSX. Without knowing that, loading any of the default states will just load a "wrong" cold and dark state (it is wrong because in this state, if you follow all the instructions in the Step by Step manual, the bus wont take off - and the GPWS is disabled among other things). I had to manually copy the files in the correct folder (thanks to someone in this forum who pointed it out)

This could be very annoying for the future customer who doesn't check this forum (regularly).

It has caused lots of frustration for me in the beginning. I thought I am too stupid - even for this 'basic' Airbus

• Aerosoft

I think it has been mentioned in this Forum already that the panel states (like Cold and dark, taxi, etc) appear to be in the wrong folder in the German FSX. Without knowing that, loading any of the default states will just load a "wrong" cold and dark state (it is wrong because in this state, if you follow all the instructions in the Step by Step manual, the bus wont take off - and the GPWS is disabled among other things). I had to manually copy the files in the correct folder (thanks to someone in this forum who pointed it out)

This could be very annoying for the future customer who doesn't check this forum (regularly).

It has caused lots of frustration for me in the beginning. I thought I am too stupid - even for this 'basic' Airbus

Yes, it will. It was a very illusive issue to track downbut we now know how to fix it. There will be some systems (mostly those with locked down windows installations) where it will remain an issue but support does not know how to assist those users.

• Upvote 1

mhhh this answeres a lot of my questions

So if you mean by 'better' a deeper systems simulation, as I expect you do, I suggest you check out this: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=38888

Even with that version we do not want to go too deep into systems, but we'll add some of the more complex areas of the MCDU systems.

Ahh, sorry for that question but do you mean, that the extended Version of Airbus X will also not cover the enthusiast requirements?

• Upvote 1

Glad all of that will be taken care of. Here's a few things I've noticed that aren't listed for 1.20

FSX Crashes on End Flight, Reload, Aircraft Change, and Exit.

There's a workaround that works 100% of the time on my PC:

-Load your flight like you would normally do.

-Once in the sim wait 30 seconds or so.

-End your flight.

-Back in FSX menu restart your flight.

That's it, no crash on exit or end of flight... Problem is you'll have to do it every time you want to fly with the Airbus but it's still better than CTDs and does not take much time to accomplish.

Hi Mathijs,

Are we any nearer to seeing this patch released? I heard tomorrow was the day but can't really find anything officially to back that up. It would be nice to have it before the UK's Openskies VATSIM event at the weekend if possible. If not then no probs, I can wait of course :rolleyes:

Ta

Andy

Hello Folks,

Just been informed that there testing the Version 1.20 installer this evening and all being well it should be available tomorrow around noon, as there is 24 noons in the world its not quite yet none which one it may be. :)

Hello Folks,

Just been informed that there testing the Version 1.20 installer this evening and all being well it should be available tomorrow around noon, as there is 24 noons in the world its not quite yet none which one it may be. :)

Thanks for the update Shaun. I've got my fingers crossed.

You are wrong. It is not out yet. It might be out tomorrow if all goes well with testing, as shown in the post directly above.

Hi folks

has anyone out there found where to download Version 1.2 ? Cause it´s already released on 20th of September. Or am I wrong ?

Cheers

I hope Aerosoft will make this release date. I lost a lot of respect for them since almost every release date for Airbus X was delayed (or at least that's my impression). Fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1