Beyond 1.20

I have been flying this bird a number of times after update 1.2 was released. Most of the issues present in earlier versions have been fixed. The plane is flyable and looks great. However, falls short in the expectations of the user who populates these forums. This is not a regret to the developers. From the beginning was clear this Airbus was not addressed to high-end users. I just feel a bit sorry because developers have not been more ambitious, not a lot more.. just a little bit. Looking forward to seeing a full version 2 of this product.

Regards,

Dan

Most important to me:

- Work out the current bugs (FBW system, nose dives)

- Implement full sid/star capability in the mcdu (you cant call it advanced without this)

- editable heights and speeds for each waypoint

- VNAV

These are quite important points if you are to tickle the fancy of more advanced users. Everything else is just a bonus.

I'd also like to know the business scheme for the advanced version: will you sell it as a standalone or an upgrade from the basic Airbus X. I would potentially buy the Airbus X now, but only if I can upgrade to the advanced version, which is what I'm likely to fly on a frequent basis. You might not have decided yet, but please clarify this point and let us know as soon as you decide it.

Like others, what I would want in the Airbus X is a good FBW and VNAV (I don't know how they are in the current one, but I see too many complaints in the forums here to feel like taking the risk of trying, unless I have the incentive of a guaranteed upgrade to advanced later on). I own the Wilco buses and found their FBW and VNAV ok when they're not bugging (but I'm far too upset with their customer service - their absence of that is - to go on using it or praise it, so there is room for another Airbus on my pc).

At this point the only things keeping me from flying the Airbus X is the lack of altitude and speed constraints and the nosedives. I can handle the other idiotic electrical bugs. But in today's world with Radar Contact 4, FSPassengers, and VATSIM, constraints are simply a requirement, as are stable flight dynamics. Aerosoft should know better than to create a ATC unfriendly plane that falls into the complexity of default aircraft. I guess it comes down to where to draw the line of being basic. I consider the Quality Wings 757 to be 'basic', yet it is more advanced than the Airbus X. Therefor I believe in order to make the Airbus X worth flying, simple altitude and speed constraints, and reliable flight dynamics must be top priority in the Airbus X "Advanced".

Hi folks!!

@Aerosoft: Please fix the unrealistic engine-behaviour at least for the the advanced edition. It's not realistic that the engines spool to almost TOGA during engine start (sound-wise and also N1-wise). I've mentioned this during development already, but I felt it hasn't being taken seriously...

Thx

Hi folks!!

@Aerosoft: Please fix the unrealistic engine-behaviour at least for the the advanced edition. It's not realistic that the engines spool to almost TOGA during engine start (sound-wise and also N1-wise). I've mentioned this during development already, but I felt it hasn't being taken seriously...

Thx

The funny thing is that even though Airbus X is by ideology within basic standards, and isnt meant to be very advanced, it is one of the most difficult planes to fly because of the bugs. Also because of the lack of sid/star and rwy capability in the mcdu and the lack of VNAV you really need to have a firm grasp on how to descend your aircraft properly so that you dont end up overshooting or flying 20 nm at 3-4000 ft. You also need to access charts for SIDs, STARs and ILS's to depart or arrive properly - which is a good thing really, but that's being more similar to FSLabs concorde or aerosoft a300 which are relatively advanced addons.

At the moment I would never reccommend this addon to newbies because it would destroy their introduction to flight simming. I can find enjoyment in this product, but then again, I have simmed for many years now.

• Upvote 1

Default ATC vectors you and tells you when to descend, how hard is that for a beginner to follow? They probably have no idea what SIDS and STARS are, they wouldn't know how to use VNAV even if it was fully modelled.

I have very little experience with default ATC. I never use it. I fly on vatsim 99% of the time. I wouldnt know if default atc actually would give you altitudes based on some kind of mathematical algorithm based on how far, fast and high you are flying towards the airport, or if it follows some other logic. Does it take into account minimum safe altitudes? Anyway, the AirbusX is paradoxically not really suited for the newbi simmers that this product is targeted for. Untill the bugs are fixed.

99% of the customers this product is aimed at (that's nobody here or at any other flight sim forum for that matter) don't have a clue what VATSIM is either. If you have never used FSX ATC then I suggest you try it, and no it wont fly you into a mountain, it may bring you down a little early if you try to stick to a standard company descent profile, but if you bare this in mind then you can adjust the profile slightly and not be cruising at low altitude for too long waiting to start the approach.

Well, it's just a discussion over semantics. My main point is that the bugs this aircraft addon suffers from are so severe that most newbies will have great troubles with this product.

I'm a newbie and fins the plane a perfect step-up from default as intended. Could not be happier:) I have had no issues with flight quality and realism. So well worth it for me:)

• Upvote 1

Default ATC vectors you and tells you when to descend, how hard is that for a beginner to follow? They probably have no idea what SIDS and STARS are, they wouldn't know how to use VNAV even if it was fully modelled.

LOL right, they have no idea what SIDs and STARs are, yet they know how to program flexible takeoff temps into the MCDU. Good one there bud.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can we get a feedback from aerosoft about the plan for an extendet version?

The Airbus X is on market now for about 2 Months and till yet there is no specific statement about an extendet version only the thread for community ideas without any comment since 16th september.

Looking forward to an approximation! thx

• Upvote 1

#1 and most important! :lol:

- Also real VNAV ability.

- a more complex payload manager.

Best would be like the payload-tool TOPCAT. But this is already existing and maybe you could make a deal with this developer, that he implements the Bus. You could make a nice bundle-sale Airbus/TOPCAT

- minimum Co-Pilot simulation. Like saying V-Speeds, "gear up", etc.

If you want to go further, a kind of interactive, spoken Checklist would be fine

with that + the points you mentioned and all bugs of current version eliminated, this would be a dream

edit: and would be great if you use the same LUA Variables as far as possible :excl:

+ 1,

but I consider the VNAV more important than the excact simulation of FBW.

FO call outs would be nice, at least T/O related ones.

Having read every post prior to this, I have to add the following.

I my opinion, AS should not go half way, but the whole way. This inlcudes full systems simulation. The market for medium-simmers have been satisfied with the current Airbus. If AS want's to reach the remaining market (who did not by the current airbus because of too simple systems), they should really make the next airbus as realistic as possible within FSX limits. I guess that AS knows a thing or two about doing buissnes, so I suspect that I'm not correct when I state, that far more simmers than you think, are really into full systems simulation...

That being said, I do not think that the visual modelling needs more improvement. On a personal note, I consider systems simulation and full working VC far more important than e.g wingflex, VC rain, Cabin view, traytables and so on...

Mas

Hi Mathijs,

Just some lines you could include into the Advanced version A320.

- Full detailed and extended NavData + SID STARS from Navigraph

-Full integration with XPAX

-A module where you can select the Fuel Qty to refuel,and see the refueling progress till the end on the ECAM

-Extension to A319

-A module able to connect GPU + ASU

-Full advanced FMGS/MCDU showing Max Weights into PERF Page

-Capability to open/close engine cowls,APU,Radar radome

-Full ND Weather Radar

Best Regards.

• Upvote 1

In fact,concerning the refueling I have seen a box on the overhead panel of the latest A320/21. From there you set the selected Block Fuel into a window,and presents the progress with the Actual into another. That would be a quite good ITEM to count with aswell. ;)

Would be possible to include these Items ?

-Airplane suitable to get airfoil,engine and window icing in a logical way,making the need to use anti ice systems?

-Allow the COMM boxes on the pedestal and the transponder to change frequencies into the Ivap/teamspeak software,by setting COMM to Active and Transponder to ON.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

hey,

I´d like to see the a340 and a330 more then the a319 and a318!!

And dont forget that the speed schould depend on the cost index!!

Regards Marcel