Beyond 1.20

• Aerosoft

With the 1.20 (and boxed version) of the Airbus X almost done we now started to think about the more advanced version that was discussed before. We like to know what customers would like to see in that version. Keep in mind that we are still not aiming for the very high complexity (PMDG like) level but something between the current Airbus and the highest complexity. This version will loose compatibility with the default flight plans, one of the main goals of the current version.

MODELING / GRAPHICS

• Slight changes to the gear animation (will cause some additional load on FPS for the external model but still acceptable)
  • Drooping flight surfaces when hydraulics pressure is low during a longer period
  • Possibly adding the A319/A318
    MCDU
    • More pages included
    • Selection of SID's, STARs, Departure and Arrival runways, Airways
    • Possibly handling of route database
    • Option to use non Navigraph databases
      PFD / ND
      • Smoother flight plan lines (curved)
      • AUTOMATED FLIGHT

[*]Potentially a complete new FBW system

Feel free to send us more ideas and suggestions here.

• Upvote 10

Potentially a complete new FBW system

#1 and most important! :lol:

- Also real VNAV ability.

- a more complex payload manager.

Best would be like the payload-tool TOPCAT. But this is already existing and maybe you could make a deal with this developer, that he implements the Bus. You could make a nice bundle-sale Airbus/TOPCAT

- minimum Co-Pilot simulation. Like saying V-Speeds, "gear up", etc.

If you want to go further, a kind of interactive, spoken Checklist would be fine

with that + the points you mentioned and all bugs of current version eliminated, this would be a dream

edit: and would be great if you use the same LUA Variables as far as possible :excl:

Hi,

I'd be more than happy with the additional items you have listed above, it would be the icing on the cake for this lovely aircraft for sure. The only thing I would really love is an A330/A340. No one seems to be developing those variations which is a real shame. It always seems to be about the A318/319/320 and 321 these days...

Keep up the great work. I'll be watching feverishly for any developments, whatever they maybe :rolleyes:

All the best

Andy

#1 and most important! :lol:

- Also real VNAV ability.

- a more complex payload manager.

Best would be like the payload-tool TOPCAT. But this is already existing and maybe you could make a deal with this developer, that he implements the Bus. You could make a nice bundle-sale Airbus/TOPCAT

- minimum Co-Pilot simulation. Like saying V-Speeds, "gear up", etc.

If you want to go further, a kind of interactive, spoken Checklist would be fine

with that + the points you mentioned and all bugs of current version eliminated, this would be a dream

edit: and would be great if you use the same LUA Variables as far as possible :excl:

+1 particularly as regards VNAV capability.

Mathijs I think adding a trainer were it shows you what to do step by step not a pdf or a video but in the sim itself there is a certain developer that has done something similar it was in md-80 classic and they also have a pro for fsx.

I dont want to mention the company name out of respect for aerosoft but please consider it since it will help allot of people that are maybe afraid or intimidated by the airbus. passenger announcements would be nice just overall more sounds co-pilot if possible you guys definitely should have the A318/319 very important and it completes the package better. the FBW system is a really a must have its just not in airbus if it doesnt have a nice decent FBW syste ;) m.

With the 1.20 (and boxed version) of the Airbus X almost done we now started to think about the more advanced version that was discussed before. We like to know what customers would like to see in that version. Keep in mind that we are still not aiming for the very high complexity (PMDG like) level but something between the current Airbus and the highest complexity. This version will loose compatibility with the default flight plans, one of the main goals of the current version.

MODELING / GRAPHICS

• Slight changes to the gear animation (will cause some additional load on FPS for the external model but still acceptable)
  • Drooping flight surfaces when hydraulics pressure is low during a longer period
  • Possibly adding the A319/A318
    MCDU
    • More pages included
    • Selection of SID's, STARs, Departure and Arrival runways, Airways
    • Possibly handling of route database
    • Option to use non Navigraph databases
      PFD / ND
      • Smoother flight plan lines (curved)

AUTOMATED FLIGHT

[*]Potentially a complete new FBW system

Feel free to send us more ideas and suggestions here.

Mathijs,

Since U asked:

1)External model that includes Air India 320 with double wheel bogeys(such a unique looking bird)

2) Wing flex (for those of us who have more capable systems which is probably the target you are looking at for this particular expansion project anyway)

Kind regards.

Alex C

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, thanks for your idea thinking about a more complex version!

I'm happy with the ideas above: my ranking of them:

(1) MCDU

* More pages included

* Selection of SID's, STARs, Departure and Arrival runways, Airways

* Possibly handling of route database

* Option to use non Navigraph databases please stick to Navigraph, I think its the easier way

(2) AUTOMATED FLIGHT

* Potentially a complete new FBW system

(3) VNAV very important !!!

(4) PFD / ND

* Smoother flight plan lines (curved)

(5) Loadmanager

* something like Topcat would be great, or you provide them with data

(6) MODELING / GRAPHICS

* happy with it so far

* Possibly adding the A319/A318 IMHO no need

• Upvote 3

if it comes to a advanced, will it be like an update (2.0 or sth like this) for the airbusX, or a seperate product?

and thanks for planning on this.

maybe you can inclued the sharklets-version? they look nice, but aren't important to do :)

I like your list as presented. A really nice, detailed tutorial flight from Cold and Dark using Sids and Stars to arrival at a distant gate would be greatly appreciated.

Ray

Forgot to say Don't add wingflex!!! :angry:

oh my god!!! what for an important point. :blink:

more more more important: the six 6 points which already listed by Mathijs Kok, my pioint: more fps on the PFD and nd displays!, many many more (from other users) and then, if we have time to think about it, your wingflex can implemented, perhaps ... :lol:

• Upvote 1

my pioint: more fps on the PFD and nd displays!,

Go in the Panel Folder then Display Folder, open ND, ND2, PFD and PFD2 with editor and search for all "Frequency" and change the number to "200" here is an example "<Frequency>200</Frequency>", and you will have more FPS :)

Although I like the product with the current features, I do think something needs to be done with approaches. As it stands, you can't use the default GPS approaches or STARS. To me, it seems like the currect version is using the default GPS route code but with less functionality. I installed the default GPS in to the Airbus X - changes in the MDCU plan show up in the GPS but changes in the GPS don't appear in the MDCU. I added it to see if I could get it to fly the default approaches - no luck.

Now I wouldn't drop the ability to load a default flightplan - just add Navigraph. The QW757 allows both so it should be possible. To me, the AIrbusX and the QW757 are targeted to the same market.

A318/A319 models would be nice

Some functionality from the right seat would be nice. At least mirror the displays from the left seat. With EZDok, it is very easy to set up the right seat camera view. I would be nice to be able to fly from that position.

Thanks a lot, ASoft, now we have again some hope about an Airbus for our Flight Simulator.

This is the way I have always been ASoft answer the request of simmers!

Congratulations, and can't wait for these Advanced Version!

Thanks and best regards,

Félix Fernández de Castro

Ho! YES Mathijs !!

Great news ! let us focus to the MCDU ,all the fun flying Airbus is on it !

'm confident that you will win the bet of doing the best airbus 320 never seen on FSX !

the hard is done, just a little step ,rebuilding the MCDU and you got the gift.

For MCDU ,lateral revision ,you know is very important ,as inserting own FIX and the holding path ...etc

Ok, Thanks Mathijs .

Who bought the first version will have the right to update right?

Another issue would be a big step in FMGS add a patch that allows to modify the speed and altitude in fixes.

Being possible to insert correctly the sid and their star's altitude and speed restrictions inserted.

Thx

Hi,

what (we / I) don't need is wingflex, WXRadar, terrainRadar, Loadmanager(more advanced one, btw I don't use it anyway, I prefer FSPX), A318/A319.

SIDs and STARs are important. Curved tracks would be nice, too. And most of my points were already posted.