Hamilton Field

pilottj

Hey guys, I have been observing how popular Andras field has become. I think Aerosoft struck a little FS goldmine with people interested in having a 'home' on an airport and being part of a flying club at that airport. I know Andras is still quite new and has a full life ahead of it, but with this kind of popularity down the road in the long future if Aerosoft decides to do another airport like Andras, I would suggest Hamilton Field. Like I said it would probably be waaay down the road but I imagine these things take planning and research :)

Hamilton is an old closed Air Force base in the north bay area with quite a bit of military history. At one point it was planned to be a north bay area regional airport to provide relief of ground and air traffic from SFO and OAK. However the greedy land developers scared the local public about the potential 'noise' and it was closed and overrun with housing tracts. http://en.wikipedia...._Air_Force_Base

It is a good location for flying. Local GA flights to wine country, bay area cities, the coast, costal mountians and local lakes. The Sierra Nevada mountians are not far away as well as the Pacific Northwest area. Longer cross country trips to LA, Seattle, Reno, Las Vegas are possible too. For long range flights it is a good jumping off point to Hawaii. It is right against San Pablo bay which would be good for your water birds and would be easy to make a little seaplane port. As far as housing, on the east side of the airport are the old fighter parking which provide ample room for housing plots. Anyway a lot of potential there if Aerosoft chooses to do another Andras type field :)

Cheers

TJ

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of made a deal with FSAddons to allow them to do an second Emma Field in the USA and that we would stay in Europe. But if they move too slow I will certainly consider a US field as well.

I have Andras Field but I for one would love to see a field in the US. I don't think Emma Field will ever become a reality again for FSX it has just been too long coming. I am sure Aerosoft would do a great job of one there. I will keep hoping!