Crash to desktop

Rainmaster

Hi!

Unfortunately I've a technical problem. Every time when I try to land on Andras Field I got a crash to desktop with the error message "You don't have enough RAM!"

I have tried several approaches, but always the same error. Very strange in this case: It's no problem to departure in Andras Field. I'm getting even in the external view a very high frame rate. But when I circle around and try to land again: Same error without advance notice.

I have read the manual carefully, but I think my system should be powerful enough to handle it. Here are the details:

Windows 7 - 32bit

Intel Core Quad Q9400 - 2,67 GHz

4 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX260

FSX - SP 2

Thanks for your help, Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Wolfgang,

this is the well known "OOM" or "Out Of Memory" error in FSX. It depends mostly on your hardware configuration and the settings in FSX. You can search here or on Google for this error and you will find thousands of threads that end in most cases in 3 solutions:

- reduce your settings in FSX

- free your RAM from unnecessary programs

- Upgrade to Win7 64bit with at least 4 GB RAM

The last one is definitely the best solution.

Hi Wolfgang,

Have you tried the program Tuneup?

This useful tool will lock in the turbo all the tasks in addition to your computer at the moment will run mode.

This saves ram space.

---------------

Hast Du schon das Programm Tuneup ausprobiert ?

Dieses nützliche Tool, sperrt im Turbo Modus alle Neben Aufgaben die Dein Computer im Moment ausführen will.

So spart man viel RAMplatz

Tuneup 2010

Every time when I try to land on Andras Field I got a crash to desktop with the error message "You don't have enough RAM!"

Wolfgang,

Try to place this line into your fsx.cfg

(goes into the [GRAPHICS] section like this):

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Andras

Hi all together,

Thanks for your answers.

@mopperle: Are you sure, that this can be the "OOM-Error"? Because until the CTD FSX runs with a very high frame-rate.

@Falkau: Yes, thanks. I use this program. Additional to this all other programs, like Active Sky or FSFK or RC4, are running via FSUIPC and WideFS on a separate machine.

@Andras: Thanks for your support. I'll try and report here.

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs
@mopperle: Are you sure, that this can be the "OOM-Error"? Because until the CTD FSX runs with a very high frame-rate.

I'm 90% sure and the fps does not depend on the RAM. May be you can post the exact message.

BTW Andras recommendation helps with the graphic cards memory, it got nothing to do with your RAM.

And the Tuneup utlility is IMHO a waste of money. More helpfull is AlacrityPC: it is free, allows you to set up different profiles, ends all unneccessary programms/services and restarts them after closing FSX. I used it before I switched to Win7 64bit, it freed up another 200MB on my 2GB WinXP machine and solved about 70% of my OOMs.

But I would recommend you to upgrade to the 64bit version and add another 2GB to your system.

BTW Andras recommendation helps with the graphic cards memory, it got nothing to do with your RAM.

The two are not separable with FSX.

You get problems (usually disappearing objects and not CTD or OOM) when main memory and proc time is needed to do what the video-card should do in optimal cases.

This scenery should run fine on a W7-32, so I guess there is another problem somewhere.

And I totally agree: tunup utility is a perfect waste of money and time.

Andras

Try to place this line into your fsx.cfg

(goes into the [GRAPHICS] section like this):

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Unfortunately this step wasn't helpful: CTD about 5 miles away, final approach RW27.

Always the same message...

post-32126-002185600 1284722939_thumb.jp

Hi Otto,

unfortunately,

I can the good AlacrityPC Programes unfortunately not test,

because my English skills are inadequate a shame.

----------------------------------

Hi Otto,

leider kann ich die guten Eigenchaften des

AlacrityPC Programes leider nicht testen, da meine Englisch Kenntnisse ungenügend sind

Schade

I am now having the same problem as Wolfgang. I can no longer get anywhere near Andras Field without the Sim crashing. When I go anywhere else, all is fine. I bought ver 1.10 and ran for several days with no problems at all. Obviously I've done something to the sim to cause this but I have not figured it out. It seems to be a scenery library related problem. I have many add-ons that work fine.

Specs:

i7-920 OC'd to 3.6, 6 GB RAM, GeForce 250, Win7-64. FSX Deluxe SP2. FSUIPC 4.6-registered. Also running FSC, ASE, Ultimate traffic 2. Scenery - Ult Ter Europe, GEX Europe.

I'm still trying but if anyone has discovered a fix please post!

Barry D

Fixes I've tried:

Set specs per Andras manual

Used default Cessna to make sure it isn't the airplane

Shut off weather

Re-installed FSUIPC

Un-installed/re-installed Andras several times