Airport Directors monthly review - Issue #2

OleAndreasen

Airport Directors monthly review – issue #2

Hello again all you people out there.

So yet another month went by, and a little more than a month actually. I have been lazy. No that's not true at all, I have in fact been pretty occupied with all sorts of stuff going on here in Andras Field.

Things in Andras Field are beginning to find its rhythm. I don't know if you feel this, but I certainly do. Sales of plots are going steadily, and we are now over 50 plotowners here, if you include the commercial ones. That's pretty neat if you ask me. Welcome to all the new people. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

The Andras Aviation Club is closing in on 100 members, and more are coming in every day. I heartily welcome each and everyone of you.

Unfortunately we lost our painter, Craig, who was just beginning to paint aircraft liveries in the club colors, so I have started a competition for a new paint scheme, and painters to paint for us. See the AA-Club subforum for details.

And speaking of paint liveries. Andras Fields´ own Virtual Airline "Andras Meridian Airlines" have gotten its own paint scheme, and aircraft will be painted in the beautiful sceme ASAP.

AME itself is expanding beyond belief. The pilots are flying hither and dither, thus moving pax and cargo every day. AME just had its third pilot reaching International Pilot status yesterday, and more are standing in line to break the 50 hour barrier. But there are room for more pilots, so if you want to fly for the friendliest VA in Andras Field, then join in. www.andrasmeridian.com for details.

We are also having weekly fly-ins now. Our Event Director, Jane, unfortunately went to the hospital for a couple of weeks, but we have kept the weekly fly-in´s going in Jane´s absence. The latest one was just yesterday, and was situated in both the main runway (27) and the water-runway (35) for seaplanes. It was a huge success. We had a special event-set of illuminated done, and this was just soo cool, and the aircraft operations on two runways at the same time really made the place feel filled up and alive. Radio checks, operation callouts and general chatter added the final touch to the great gathering. And we will do it again, and again, and again. All in a friendly tone, and quite easy going, so if you are afraid to join in, start by getting online, place your plane parked, join in on Teamspeak, and enjoy the feeling of friendly flying. Soon you simply cant resist to get involved and get flying. Its great. Look in the event subforum for details on new events.

We are having a brand new fire station built, and Andras Field´s own supermarket will also be a reality any time soon, so you can buy your Sunday Danish, and diet Pepsi, locally instead of having to fly it in. I look very much forward to welcoming them, and if the fire department need volunteers, Just call on me.

ATC experts are in the early stages of setting up an Air Traffic Control in Andras Field also. I don't have much info on this yet, but you will hear more when I do. Soon as I get some more time, I will engage in this myself, so perhaps one time when you approach Andras Field, you might hear me telling you to get in line and wait your turn to land in the busiest airport around.

And the flight school has started its activities. Student pilots are being taught to behave in the skies. I look forward to seeing the first diploma pilot graduating from Andras Fields Flight School.

And happy users are busy making all sorts of maps of where to find ramp locations, water runway parking spaces, and everything you need in Andras Field.

Charts for taking off and approaching and landing in Andras Field are also coming in from users doing this without being asked by anyone. That's dedication folks. Let´s hear it for all the active users. We need you, and we appreciate what you do, more than we can express.

Have I forgotten anything? Probably. If so, then I apologize if I should have credited somebody for it.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Hello there Ole,

Just to add the newest complete build (1.10) looks marvelous. The autumnal textures blend in well so many, many thanks to AK for fixing that mint green hue. I counted two static 172s in Andras Meridian colors! There is so much to do here I can't keep up. Sorry I missed the fly-ins but I was busy buzzing the 208 all over for Andras Meridian VA. Thanks for picking up the lounge tab. :P

This is just great. And I like your new signature. Cool.

Cheers to you, Andras K., Bernhard R., Lars D. and of course Mathijs K. for all you do for us.

:beer3_s:

• 3 weeks later...

Good read! I finally got around to it. All these coming changes are exciting, I can't wait to see them all. And one day soon I hope to show up for an online event, I have so many ol' warbirds to show off :lol: