Throttle still unresponding !!!

Ourgas

I don't want to argue at all, I quoted you directly and there was no "If" in your sentence. Regardless of what you meant to infer it's not up to you to decide who you share the software you purchase with, it's illegal no matter how you try to twist it. Pirates will get what they deserve in the end though, its called Karma and that I do believe in.

Guest Dick77

You don't need FSUIPC to use the AirbusX it works fine without it.

Sharing this product with someone else is called piracy END OF STORY.And I agree

But back to the facts of FSUIPC, what is actually the advantage to install this add on, since throttle reverse should be deactivated according to the manual?

I re-installed FSX and all my add on's, except my registered FSUIPC. Could anyone explain to me which features i am missing now in my setup in using the CH-Stick, -Pedals and -Quadrant?

Secondly If I purchase something its up to me to decide whether I want to share it with a friend or not. however posting online for the entire public is a different story and cannot be defended.

I'm talking about the quote above, you clearly still don't comprehend that you are not allowed to share the software that you purchase, the licence you agreed to is for use by one person only, it doesn't give you the right to share it with anybody, why is this so difficult for you to understand.

Aerosoft should look into this.......if he's legit, cool!.....if not! throw the book at him. If he is registered here they can easily cross reference emails/ ID to downloads and purchases via their online shop or other supporting outlets.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I am computer savvy but i to have the same problem of an unresponsive throttle. I have a fully registered copy of FSUIPC and it makes no difference. I have uninstalled and reinstalled The Airbus and like someone said on page one I havent moved it one cm. It is becoming a serious issue as I like all others have spent cash money on this product that doest seem to work at a basic level, moving.

I Redownloaded my Airbus tonight and got the latest release and still it didnt work.

i hope someone comes up with a viable solution beyond everything I have read.

Wycliffe Barrett

VATUK 4 Divisional Conflict Resolution Manager

Hello

Nice to see aerosoft responding so quickly to my post. (irony)

Ok I spent a aconsiderable amount of time last nighttrying to follow the isntructions in the Aerosoft manual.

Andy B wrote >>You don't need FSUIPC to use the AirbusX it works fine without it.<<

If this is the case why would Aerosoft place a whole section in the manual regarding the configuration of FSUIPC, Andy sorry but your are wrong, Aerosoft clearly believe you do need FSUIPC. Anyhow, regardless of this fact, I still can't getthe darn thing to move, the animated throttles do not move and niether does the aircraft. The engines don't even spool up.

A friend of mine who has the same product installed it and has no problems at all. We run the same spec machine with Win7 64 bit, the only diffrence between us is that he uses the Saitek Controller software for his x52 where as I use the insim configuration software for controllers.

So tonight when I get home from work I will install the saitek software and see what happens then.

Wycliffe

Hi there guys,

I have just recieved my boxed version of the new Airbus A320X. I have installed it and now find i have the same problem as all on this thread.

I too can't even move the throttle handles when i put the mouse on them. when i use the joystick it only moves a small v looking think that is around the throttle gauge in the E/Wd.

the funny thing is that if i use the F4 and hold it down the key it will spool up and the engines move the plane. also if i use the F2 key it will reverse the engines, so it must have to do with the configuration. [not that i know, i don't know what i am talking about]

Please help, as this is not what i was expecting.

I have a paid version of the FSUIPC [if that helps] but since i am hopeless with computers i have no idea what to do with it anyway.

If someone wouldn't mind helping me along so i can fly the A320X it would be much appreciated...

thank you for your time and help [in advance]

kind regards

Andrew Fletcher.

Hi there guys,

I have just recieved my boxed version of the new Airbus A320X. I have installed it and now find i have the same problem as all on this thread.

I too can't even move the throttle handles when i put the mouse on them. when i use the joystick it only moves a small v looking think that is around the throttle gauge in the E/Wd.

the funny thing is that if i use the F4 and hold it down the key it will spool up and the engines move the plane. also if i use the F2 key it will reverse the engines, so it must have to do with the configuration. [not that i know, i don't know what i am talking about]

Please help, as this is not what i was expecting.

I have a paid version of the FSUIPC [if that helps] but since i am hopeless with computers i have no idea what to do with it anyway.

If someone wouldn't mind helping me along so i can fly the A320X it would be much appreciated...

thank you for your time and help [in advance]

kind regards

Andrew Fletcher.

well to many posts about same problems in here. i have a link to 1 of my previus posts and your setup shoul look like that if you go on whit out FSUIPC. so chek you have an axis assigned for throttle to you hardware like on the picture to the right and only 1 as some had some problems. Also calibrate hardware as that mabee could be the problem if you havent done already. Link: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=39644

and about cant move the throttle whit mouse i would say no one can, and cant see why do it as would be hard to fly.

Hello

Nice to see aerosoft responding so quickly to my post. (irony)

Ok I spent a aconsiderable amount of time last nighttrying to follow the isntructions in the Aerosoft manual.

Andy B wrote >>You don't need FSUIPC to use the AirbusX it works fine without it.<<

If this is the case why would Aerosoft place a whole section in the manual regarding the configuration of FSUIPC, Andy sorry but your are wrong, Aerosoft clearly believe you do need FSUIPC. Anyhow, regardless of this fact, I still can't getthe darn thing to move, the animated throttles do not move and niether does the aircraft. The engines don't even spool up.

A friend of mine who has the same product installed it and has no problems at all. We run the same spec machine with Win7 64 bit, the only diffrence between us is that he uses the Saitek Controller software for his x52 where as I use the insim configuration software for controllers.

So tonight when I get home from work I will install the saitek software and see what happens then.

Wycliffe

No Wycliffe, you are wrong.

I don't doubt that you have an issue, but it has nothing to do with needing either FSUIPC or even installing Saitek software.

Whilst I'm sure this is very annoying to the few users that are experiencing the throttle problem, it is at the end of the day a local issue.

And yes, I have FSX Acceleration, no FSUIPC (registered or otherwise) and use a X-52 with no additional Saitek software installed and no messing about with calibrating or changing assignments; simply installed FSX and plugged the X-52 in and it worked as expected.

Why doesn't yours? Sadly I've no idea. :(

EDIT: As for the sarcastic comment about support, if you looked at the main forum posts you'd have seen the top thread is pinned and deals with the throttle!

No Wycliffe, you are wrong.

I don't doubt that you have an issue, but it has nothing to do with needing either FSUIPC or even installing Saitek software.

Whilst I'm sure this is very annoying to the few users that are experiencing the throttle problem, it is at the end of the day a local issue.

And yes, I have FSX Acceleration, no FSUIPC (registered or otherwise) and use a X-52 with no additional Saitek software installed and no messing about with calibrating or changing assignments; simply installed FSX and plugged the X-52 in and it worked as expected.

Why doesn't yours? Sadly I've no idea. :(

EDIT: As for the sarcastic comment about support, if you looked at the main forum posts you'd have seen the top thread is pinned and deals with the throttle!

Paul

It wasn't sarcasm it was irony something entirely different. You have now responded I will have a look and if I get this lane working all's good and well if not I shall be requesting a refund as it is not fit for purpose.

Yours faithfully

Wycliffe Barrett

Paul

It wasn't sarcasm it was irony something entirely different. You have now responded I will have a look and if I get this lane working all's good and well if not I shall be requesting a refund as it is not fit for purpose.

Yours faithfully

Wycliffe Barrett

Well all about throttle problems go to this post as to many posts: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39275&st=60

• 1 month later...

I am afraid I am another of those who simply can't get the throttle to work. I have tried all suggested solutions, bar one. That one is a clean install of FSX, but think about it. I have FSX up and running, well tweaked and performing well, with all existing aircraft including the venerable old Wilco Feelthere responding to all controller commands. I have the unregistered version of FSUIPC and don not even know how to set controllers up in it.

I spent a lot of money, the exchange rate with the Euro was well down when I bought Airbus X. For that money I am instructed to go back to a fresh install of FSX and a total disturbance to all of my other aircraft. I know that it has to be done from time to time, but if I don't it means that I have wasted my money on an aircraft that does not do as advertised. Simpler, no way, the systems are complex and well-modelled and not having SIDS/STARS only makes approaches to land, in particular harder, as the simmer must find a waypoint to give a fair turn onto the ILS from a reasonable distance.

Sometimes I think the corporate affairs authorities should look into computer gaming to check that there is value for money and truth in advertising.

• Upvote 1

I am afraid I am another of those who simply can't get the throttle to work. I have tried all suggested solutions, bar one. That one is a clean install of FSX, but think about it. I have FSX up and running, well tweaked and performing well, with all existing aircraft including the venerable old Wilco Feelthere responding to all controller commands. I have the unregistered version of FSUIPC and don not even know how to set controllers up in it.

I spent a lot of money, the exchange rate with the Euro was well down when I bought Airbus X. For that money I am instructed to go back to a fresh install of FSX and a total disturbance to all of my other aircraft. I know that it has to be done from time to time, but if I don't it means that I have wasted my money on an aircraft that does not do as advertised. Simpler, no way, the systems are complex and well-modelled and not having SIDS/STARS only makes approaches to land, in particular harder, as the simmer must find a waypoint to give a fair turn onto the ILS from a reasonable distance.

Sometimes I think the corporate affairs authorities should look into computer gaming to check that there is value for money and truth in advertising.

Whilst I'm sure this must be very frustrating for you, your post doesn't nothing to encourage anyone to help you............it's just an expression of your frustration.

The simple fact is, that with a normal controller with default assignments (i.e. new computer, install FSX, plug and play controller), the AirbusX works without a problem. I actually think it unreasonable for anyone to expect a developer to jump through hoops to try and deal with the multitude of settings and tweaks that end up on everyones PC, in fact the opposite, all developers should release products that works at their best on a default installation with default settings. What you do afterwards is your responsibility.

Personally, I don't think a reinstall is neccessary, but I do think that if you accept that something on your PC is causing the problem, you'll be able to solve the problem.

Logically, if we assume X'000's have now bought this product, the forums should absolutely stuffed with complaints from people that can't use the throttle. It isn't, therefore, the vast majority must be able to use it without a problem, mustn't they?

OK, that was of bugger all use to you I know, but then you haven't given any details about your exact problem, hardware or solutions tried to date.

Why thank you Paul for serving me up a lesson in morals and ethics. I certainly need one from time to time.

So let me tell you what I have noted. Firstly the throttles are not able to be moved using the familiar F1 to F4 keys, that all other aircraft in FSX of my ownership can do. Nor can they be grabbed and moved by the mouse.

Secondly, it would appear that sliders on many joysticks are not recognised. In my case the slider on a Logitech Extreme 3D can't be made to work by me.

Yes quadrants do appear to work, and did for me when I first got the add-on, however my quadrant is in the shop being checked out for a mechanical problem so I am stuck.

I have ironically a Pro Flight Yoke system, so I set two buttons up to give me throttle increase and decrease. They do, but only through full reverse to zero. So at least I can reverse around an airport. However, seriously, with less sermonising and more assistance I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to alter 'whatever' to get the throttle to operate over the full range in button, not axes mode.

• Upvote 1

someone could tell me how to alter 'whatever' to get the throttle to operate over the full range in button, not axes mode.

Unfortunately you cant, that's why there is a glaring disclaimer in the product specs telling customers that a joystick with throttle is a minimum requirement to fly the aircraft. 10 minutes reading through the posts in this forum section would have told you that multiple times over as well as giving you some hints for things to try to fix your problem, again multiple times over. Please don't expect people to be at your beckon call when it appears you cant even be bothered to help yourself.

• Upvote 2

Why thank you Paul for serving me up a lesson in morals and ethics. I certainly need one from time to time.

So let me tell you what I have noted. Firstly the throttles are not able to be moved using the familiar F1 to F4 keys, that all other aircraft in FSX of my ownership can do. Nor can they be grabbed and moved by the mouse.

Secondly, it would appear that sliders on many joysticks are not recognised. In my case the slider on a Logitech Extreme 3D can't be made to work by me.

Yes quadrants do appear to work, and did for me when I first got the add-on, however my quadrant is in the shop being checked out for a mechanical problem so I am stuck.

I have ironically a Pro Flight Yoke system, so I set two buttons up to give me throttle increase and decrease. They do, but only through full reverse to zero. So at least I can reverse around an airport. However, seriously, with less sermonising and more assistance I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to alter 'whatever' to get the throttle to operate over the full range in button, not axes mode.

Look, you already know the answer and you've just admitted it was working OK.

Read what Andy just posted, 3 times, and drop the sarcasm.;)

• Upvote 1

Look, you already know the answer and you've just admitted it was working OK.

Read what Andy just posted, 3 times, and drop the sarcasm.;)

Well Captain Golding you are a sweet person, always ready to let someone know when they step out of line. No wonder this is not one of the most popular add-ons if people seeking assistance must tip-toe round your sensitive feelings.

If a quadrant is needed it should be up there in bold lettering. Without a quadrant therefore it would be a foolish purchase and a marginally unethical sale.

However once again, instead of a further lesson, I would be grateful if an interested member of the forum might help me with my question. Where and how could I adjust one of the base documents to allow the button solution to work.

• Upvote 1

Where and how could I adjust one of the base documents to allow the button solution to work

Please see my last post, I refuse to repeat myself.

You do not need a throttle quadrant, you need a joystick with an axis available on it that can be used as a throttle and this is clearly noted on the product packaging and on the website. You are also required to read the documentation that comes with the product to learn how to set it up, I again refuse to repost the procedure as its a waste of my time and I recommend anyone else reading this refuse to reply also as it appears this person is just looking for a fight because he knows full well the product works as he had it working in the past until he broke his quadrant.

• Upvote 2

Please see my last post, I refuse to repeat myself.

You do not need a throttle quadrant, you need a joystick with an axis available on it that can be used as a throttle and this is clearly noted on the product packaging and on the website. You are also required to read the documentation that comes with the product to learn how to set it up, I again refuse to repost the procedure as its a waste of my time and I recommend anyone else reading this refuse to reply also as it appears this person is just looking for a fight because he knows full well the product works as he had it working in the past until he broke his quadrant.

:clap_s:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was experiencing the same problem but i fixed it by uninstalling everything, deleting all files, installing it again, THEN, going to control options, joystick config, and change Throttle command (it was empty), THEN restarting the simulator (important since the changes will take effect after restart)

it was fine after that,,, have no idea whether it will work with some of you or not, but hey ho !! give it a shot ! -_-

• 4 weeks later...