Throttle still unresponding !!!

Ourgas

I don't know if others still have the same problem with me.

The throttle is still not responding. (Loading first the Cessna and then the Airbus).

Throttle works well with all other aircraft. I haven't moved my Airbus for a single cm...

I do not have a registered FSUIPC.

Any help appreciated.

Christos

Hi Christos,

you need to have a joystick with a throttle axis (e.g. Saitek or many others) or you will not get it to work (unless the guys at Aerosoft change this feature in the upcoming SP1). When you assign the throttles to the joystick you must not use the specific assignment for throttle axis 1 or 2 but the general throttles axis. My FSX is in German so I don't know what this is called in other versions. As long as I assigned individual throttles I could not get it to work. Once I used the general one it worked. Give it a try.

Hi Kostap,

I use the Logitech Attack 3 joystick and there is an axis assigned at the joystick general throttle in: Settings / Controlls (for Logitech Attack 3) / Controll axes / throttle axis.

No axis assignments for throttle axis 1 or 2.

Correct?

Thanks,

Christos

Looks correct.

Then again, today I wasted another hour to make my throttle work again - it decided to stop working.

I have registered FSUIPC. It is a pain with this aircraft and definitely a first for me.

Something I found out today is that you may have to restart FSX after you made the changes - in my case it finally helped.

What changes in my case? I have done no changes.

So reboot my computer when?

Thanks,

Christos

After you have assigned the throttle on your joystick to the throttle assignment in the FSX controls interface you must then close down FSX and reboot your computer before the throttle works properly, this is what I had to do before it would work just after installing the Airbus X.

• Aerosoft

Ok, I have given up all hopes...

Assigned the throttle axis, rebooted the computer and throttle still dead...

Thanks,

Christos

There is no reason to give up hope, we'll sort it out. And I am 100% sure that it will work on a clean FSX install. So there is clearly something that works different then we expect. There should be no reason to assign anything, it sho0uld work directly after installing FSX and plugging in a joystick. If you use FSUIPC try to disable that for a test, it is works then it means there is a setting in FSUIPC that creates the problem. Also try to disable the driver software that come with some sticks, We have seen some very nasty things being done with that and 99% of the time you do not need it at all.

(How is the FSUIPC disabaled?)

Go to the "Modules" folder which is inside the main FSX program folder and look for a file called "FSUIPC4.dll" and rename it so that it is called "FSUIPC4.dll.off" this will disable it. Simply change the name back to re-enable it.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, I will try out the solution you suggest. (How is the FSUIPC disabaled?)

Are there plans to fix this throttle issue in the upcoming SP1?

Thanks,

Christos

There are no intended changes to the throttle management because we seriously think it is not faulty. It's always the worst possible advise, but we are 100% sure it will work on a cleanly installed FSX assuming the throttle is not faulty.

We'll sort it out, don't worry.

• Aerosoft

Disabled the FSUIPC (thanks Andy B for showing me how to do this) but still not working.

I guess I will wait for Aerosoft to sort it out.

Christos

I have asked to have a log option inserted to see what's happening on the few systems we know have problems.

I beg to differ.... faulty is exactly what it is.. just putting it mildly..first of all I see the same answer to the question "assign your throttle to the controller axis in control settings"..that is an easy instruction that i can follow and I have done that.. I restarted the sim..restarted the computer...and still no movement of the plane..As far as im concerned you guys need to make a service pack..I almost went and purchase FSUIPC just for this and if I did i would have wasted my money ..even if that solved the issue its unfair to have to go and spend even more than the cost of the Airbus just to get the aircraft to be functional..The only thing that i can think that could be the problem is if this issue s linked with operating system ..i operate win 7 64bit. Aerosoft is usually a pleasure but this time im totally disappointed

• Upvote 3

I don't know if others still have the same problem with me.

The throttle is still not responding. (Loading first the Cessna and then the Airbus).

Throttle works well with all other aircraft. I haven't moved my Airbus for a single cm...

I do not have a registered FSUIPC.

Any help appreciated.

Christos

As it stands with 1.11 I think you do really need a registered copy of FSUIPC for the throttles to work with a controller such as the X-52 for example. From my experience anyway, it worked when I forked out the €28 for it. Maybe v1.20 will be different. The other odd thing (although I haven't contacted support about it yet) is that the Athr doesn't work in selected or managed modes. There is not a whiff of Aerosoft Airbus X in my .dll file however, and I wonder if it was an install issue. (Despite installing with Admin privilleges etc..) I shall wait with bated breath for the next version. Stunning aircraft though!

Just managed to get a registered copy from a friend and now the throttle is working which then suggests that you need a registered copy ( of course this will be bad news for those who have to pay)

Thats interesting so you and your friend share payware.

• 2 weeks later...

umm...yeah...you guys said you were gonna keep it simple but ironically you make the throttle system complex enough that it needs another software to run..hmm....now that's interesting. And why must we have to pay another company money just to move a throttle in your software..(that doesn't sound fair to me at all) especially since there was no notification when purchasing the Airbus X that you must have a registered copy of FSUIPC.( Go look on www.simmarket.com and see for yourself ..not one word about FSUIPC). And most likely not Aerosoft site either. At least Aerosoft could have made negotiations with FSUIPC developer, Pete Dowson and whatever the cost implemented could have just simply been added to the price to your product to compensate..even if the airbus was $70 US ppl would have purchased it but instead Aerosoft decided to charge $50 US only to find out later in the forum that you need to register FSUIPC for another $38US. Do you understand how annoying and disappointing that is for many Aerosoft Airbus X customers? could you imagine how many potential customers would have not purchased the product had they known that before hand? So please... don't try to make me look like the bad guy. Secondly If I purchase something its up to me to decide whether I want to share it with a friend or not. however posting online for the entire public is a different story and cannot be defended.

• Upvote 3

Shiverme timbers???..not sure what you trying to get at ...im guessing you either wished you knew my friend or you're upset about the fact that you can't move your plane either until you spend an extra 38US on FSUIPC. (assuming you haven't already done so) Either way dont get :angry: with me...that's between you and you know who.

Who said anything about sharing the Airbus X? I am talking about FSUIPC..I never mentioned about any piracy with the Airbus. Understand what you read.

You said it!! don't go trying to pull the wool over our eyes now, we weren't all born yesterday you know. You said "Secondly If I purchase something its up to me to decide whether I want to share it with a friend or not". Wrong you agreed to a EULA when installing FSUIPC and the Airbus expressly telling you you cannot share or lend these software packages with anyone else.

You also said in relation to FSUIPC "Just managed to get a registered copy from a friend and now the throttle is working which then suggests that you need a registered copy ( of course this will be bad news for those who have to pay)" Which means you are admitting that you didn't pay for FSUIPC, which means you are a pirate.

So the only thing you actually paid for according to yourself was the Airbus X and you also said it is up to you who you want to share the software you have purchased with, so you must be talking about the Airbus because that's the only thing you actually legally bought!!

nope.... you still got it wrong..not because i said i could share if i wanted to doesnt mean I am. That's why I said "IF"...I was creating a scenario.You really having a hard time with the English language for someone that is from the UK. So If i said i could jump off a cliff if i wanted to does it mean i will jumped off one or have?. you feel you know more and you could talk smarter than me. I know you want to argue so go ahead continue to argue and look "smart".

• Upvote 1