Vilnius Airport preview

• Aerosoft

Sim-wings does FSX/FS9 i think aerosoft must be too :blush: ! Thanks

best regards Chris

sim-Wings is one of the development teams that use Aerosoft as it's publisher. This project however is one that's more or less internal and the decision to do an FS9 version will fully depend on if we think it makes commercial sense. Forums are not a good guide to this as it's now more or less an established fact that even mentioning FS9 creates a lot of replies. Sales however do not reflect this. We wish it were not so.

• Upvote 1

sim-Wings is one of the development teams that use Aerosoft as it's publisher. This project however is one that's more or less internal and the decision to do an FS9 version will fully depend on if we think it makes commercial sense. Forums are not a good guide to this as it's now more or less an established fact that even mentioning FS9 creates a lot of replies. Sales however do not reflect this. We wish it were not so.

A lot of users have both FS9 & FSX versions installed.

Some popular iconic planes are available only for FS9: SD Yak-40, PT Tu-154.

Those users will never switched fully to FSX - they will fly their favorite birds in FS9 and will fly most of modern planes in FSX.

That's why Sim-Wings FS9\FSX packs are popular.

If the creation of both versions do not require doubled price of the FSX-only release, you must not "to offend" those "conservative old people".

Just do not exclude the possibility of FS9 release.

• Upvote 2

Well, I think that Mathijs has the numbers that we don't have. So he knows what he's talking about. And as he earns his money with selling FS-products, the decision is to him / to Aerosoft and not to us. It's simple like that and I can undesrtand him.

• Upvote 2

Well i think that numbers dont give a good image becourse some one who bought a fs9 version did also get the fsx and the one who bought a fsx product gets also the fs9 version of it

With this they cant tel exactly witch product sells better fs9 or fsx

And true a lot of fs users have fs9 and fsx instald on there computer

So commercial wise i think its better to make addons who are for fs9 and fsx to make more profit so you can reach both fs9 and fsx users at the same time.

• Upvote 2

I'm in the landscape business. If I make more money plating trees than flowers lets say. I'm going to plant trees....no? More so if the demand for plating trees is higher.....

I mainly use FS9 for my big iron and I'm a staunch FS9 supporter so I feel for other FS9 users when we do not see a certain airport for FS9 too (I only use FSX for G/A flying).

But I also understand a BUSINESS decision. This is not a hobby for Aerosoft.....

• Upvote 2

A lot of users have both FS9 & FSX versions installed.

Some popular iconic planes are available only for FS9: SD Yak-40, PT Tu-154.

Those users will never switched fully to FSX - they will fly their favorite birds in FS9 and will fly most of modern planes in FSX.

That's why Sim-Wings FS9\FSX packs are popular.

If the creation of both versions do not require doubled price of the FSX-only release, you must not "to offend" those "conservative old people".

Just do not exclude the possibility of FS9 release.

Very well said. And as Aerosoft knows my spending habbits here they know that when I ask for FS9, I always buy it. I am not just "throwing a reply for FS9." I don't like being accused of that. I am buying Barcelona FS9 today. And I have bought every FS9 scenery released over the last year. Orly has to wait till AES is ready. And I didn't buy AMS because well... for obvious reasons. But, yes there are some FS9 addons I will never give up making that simulation exprence very important along side FSX.

This is a scenery I would like because besides it being good quality it's location is also good for me too.

i do not like to get offtopic but i like to say something about FSx and FS9 Versions

I think the reason for little sales should be the "dark side of www"

In most of the time i like to get informations about some addons i "ask" Mr. Google.

All of you know the first posts

"Download @ Rapidshare and so one"

I hope that Aerosoft find out a way to stop "illegal" Versions , maybe online activation like some others do(Flight1 etc)

I hope there will be much more legal customers for FS9 products and so the FS9 area will also covered because of the sales

For me it`s sure to stay with FS9 till the new Simulator is born and there are some nice updates availible

• Upvote 3

i do not like to get offtopic but i like to say something about FSx and FS9 Versions

I think the reason for little sales should be the "dark side of www"

In most of the time i like to get informations about some addons i "ask" Mr. Google.

All of you know the first posts

"Download @ Rapidshare and so one"

I hope that Aerosoft find out a way to stop "illegal" Versions , maybe online activation like some others do(Flight1 etc)

I hope there will be much more legal customers for FS9 products and so the FS9 area will also covered because of the sales

For me it`s sure to stay with FS9 till the new Simulator is born and there are some nice updates availible

I do agree with you but my worst fear is someday the company goes out of business and I am no longer able to activate my product online if I have system crash, new system etc...

i think there are many ways to make Software safety.

Last Time i changed the Graphic Card and i have had to activate the LVL 767 again

"The System is changed"

THANK YOU FOR FS9 Version of EDDM AND LEBL!!!!Please keep forward in FS2004 production

Frank

• Upvote 1

Finally! Eastern Europe gets some attention!

Great work, I'll be interested to see how this one turns out. :blush:

Yes! I definitely agree with you.. this is what it should be like.. :) but, i can't find out why all developers skip Prague (PRG/LKPR) on their way to the east :huh: Prague has 5 years old freeware scenery, last update more than 2 years ago :excl: and it's really insufficient, I think lots of people are waiting for it with their credit cards :rolleyes: I hope this will change some day.. anyway, great shoots of Vilnius, it seems to be wonderful scenery!

• 3 weeks later...

Riga is growing faster,or as same,could u add it too? like "the baltic package"mellow.gif

Only thing that Riga airport has is fs9 scenery that doesnt work on fsx and it's pretty out of date.So this combo could be nice...