ILS antennas

Christian Sander

Just wondering about the ILS antennas at Andras...

1. There "looking" in the wrong direction...the plates at the antenna should be pointed into approach direction, not in direction to the runway (both for 27 and 09 are looking "into" the runway, there are faced to each other)

2. Location is offset. The antennas should be placed right beside the calculated touchdown points, not before and not after that.

Just a little hint for the next update maybe and not that important for me, but we (the community) should work out with the project i heard...;-)

greetings

Just wondering about the ILS antennas at Andras...

1. There "looking" in the wrong direction...the plates at the antenna should be pointed into approach direction, not in direction to the runway (both for 27 and 09 are looking "into" the runway, there are faced to each other)

2. Location is offset. The antennas should be placed right beside the calculated touchdown points, not before and not after that.

Just a little hint for the next update maybe and not that important for me, but we (the community) should work out with the project i heard...;-)

greetings

Christian.

Its great that you observe such things. I dont know anything about that stuff, but obviously you do. I suggest that you throw an email at Andras about this. He has andras@andrasfield.com

Thanks