FS Commander 8 (Build 010810)

Pat Smith

Greetings from Earthquake City, New Zealand.

When installing FSC8, an error window reports: Self-Registration Error

The following files did not self-register, or un-register:

1. E:\Windows\SysWOW64\mfc40.dll

An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers

To continue, click OK; otherwise, click Cancel

What does it mean, and does it affect any of the program functionality? See attachment.

Opsys: Win 7 (x64)

Thanks,

Pat. :confused_s:

Hello;

I got the same pop-up yesterday while downloading FlightSim Commander,just keep on going,everything worked out,if I'm not mistaking,on the update page,under Flight Sim Commander,it talks about this.I had to start with version 8.2,and get to 8.6,everthing seems to be working good,with the exception of not being able to download IVAO data.Maybe this will help.

Mark

Hello;

I got the same pop-up yesterday while downloading FlightSim Commander,just keep on going,everything worked out,if I'm not mistaking,on the update page,under Flight Sim Commander,it talks about this.I had to start with version 8.2,and get to 8.6,everthing seems to be working good,with the exception of not being able to download IVAO data.Maybe this will help.

Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I will monitor it and if anything unusual crops up, I will post it here.

My version was downloaded from Aerosoft on-line, and I wasn't expecting any trouble/bother.

Cheers and thanks once again,

Pat.

Hello Folks,

You can register dll files manually, if you do a search of Google it will explain how.

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for posting a reply, much appreciated.

I think I will take some time & try to fully understand the implications of what I might be undertaking, - (Always jittery about playing with dll's. The program seems to work okay, do you think it's best to let sleeping dogs lie?

Kind regards,

Pat.