TCAS Online?

RussB

Hi

Can anyone report if they have successfully had TCAS alerts when flying online? I fly Vatsim regularly and no aircraft appear on the ND?

Am I doing something wrong!? :)

Hi

Can anyone report if they have successfully had TCAS alerts when flying online? I fly Vatsim regularly and no aircraft appear on the ND?

Am I doing something wrong!? :)

Its a known issue even on IVAO there is no Online Traffic on the TCAS.

Aerosoft guys are looking at this issue.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

If the tcas does not work with online flights how can you say this on the product page 'TCAS: Fully implemented with 4 threat levels (default, proximate TA, RA) in navigation display, including sounds'?

JeffG

• Upvote 1

If the tcas does not work with online flights how can you say this on the product page 'TCAS: Fully implemented with 4 threat levels (default, proximate TA, RA) in navigation display, including sounds'?

JeffG

It works when you fly offline with AI traffic, but not online. Seems that you have to use the inbuild TCAS from the respective pilot clients, which does not look good, but it seems the only workaround for now. Maybe someone from Aerosoft sheds some new light in here, since the last reply from Aerosoft here was more than two weeks ago.

It will need a separate module, something we are considering.

Nearly one month has gone, how far are your considerations for an aircraft advertised among others as ideally suited for online flights?

Ok seems that noone is interested in giving a response here. What shall this mean to me now?

Yesterday I crashed nearly into another aircraft online in uncontrolled airspace on VATSIM cause I forgot that AirbusX unlike many (if not most) other addon aircraft does not have a functional online TCAS.

A simple answer from Aerosoft if they intend to add this feature in the near future would be nice, if not then I have to look for another solution.

Regards

Henry

• 2 weeks later...