Thrust reverser without function after landing

Jigedi

Hi folks,

currently I have the problem, that after landing the Bus my thrust reversers don't respond if I try to activate them via my Saitek Throttle Quadrant.

If I use F2 it works, but that's not really the way I want to land my Bus. This siutation only occurs during the landing phase. If I try it during the take off phase the Bus reacts to the signals of my Throttle Quadrant.

I assume that I have forgotten some important step in the process/preparing the landing phase. Has anybody of you experienced the same? Or maybe a piece of advice?

Thank you in advance.

Rgds

Jigedi

Hi. How are they activated on your Throttle Quadrant, by the throttle or a button?

I have Logitech TQ and it works with a button. Have you mapped it via the standard FSX mappings to your controller?

Chris

Hi,

The Thrust Reversers are being activated by pulling them back completely and then overgoing a certain point of pressure. This is then like pushing a button. Absolutely comparable. Andon the calibration test page the indicators show that the button reacts correctly.

Yes, I have mapped it via the standard FSX mappings to your controller.

Thanks for any further piece of advise from your folks.

Cheers

Jiegdi

Make sure that the F2 command also has a repeat set, its not enough to simply press F2 once, it must be held on and repeating until such time as you want to switch reverse thrust off with the F1 command or by bringing the throttles slightly out of idle.

Make sure that the F2 command also has a repeat set, its not enough to simply press F2 once, it must be held on and repeating until such time as you want to switch reverse thrust off with the F1 command or by bringing the throttles slightly out of idle.

Thanks for your reply.

I have set the repeating of the signal, but the error is still there.

Regards

Jigedi

Jigedi,

What software are you using to program your throttle quad buttons?

I do not use a specific programm for this. I do the settings in the FSX directly and it works with all aircafts well, exept with the Bus.

Yesterday evening I had a first success: After landing in Hamburg I could activate the thrust reverse.

However, I tried it just a couple of minutes again and still thrust reverse does not always react correctly to the signal ot should get from the throttle.

And by pressing F2 it always works. This is really weired....

Jigedi,

Try to program an F1 and then repeated F2 for the reverser buttons. Have you tried to program the Throttle Quadrant with the Saitek software? Quite jandy because you can define aircraft specific profiles.

Jigedi,

Try to program an F1 and then repeated F2 for the reverser buttons. Have you tried to program the Throttle Quadrant with the Saitek software? Quite jandy because you can define aircraft specific profiles.

Hi,

I do not have a software from Saitek that would allow me to programm aircraft specific profiles. I would be more than happy if you could let me know where I can such software.

What do mean by "Try to program an F1 and then repeated F2 for the reverser buttons"? Could you please give a step by step guidance?

Thanks and regards

Jigedi

Jigedi,

I mean that I found out that if the throttle is not at exactly at the idle position the F2 did not seem to work for me. When pressing F1 first and then start F2 it might work.

The SST Software comes for free with your Saitek. I agree that it is not the greatest thing in the world but you do not need to spend money on it.

I do have FSUIPC registered and have come quite far with programming stuff for my planes and also the AirbusX. The $25 or so have been worth it.

Just be aware that FSUIPC registered will introduce new "difficulties" with AirbusX you should read about in this forum for example:

Here or here to name a few and READ THE MANUAL as there are instructions about using FSUIPC registered. Important is to restart FSX after you made changes - I lost a lot of time until I realized that.

Kosta

Jigedi,

Buy the registered version of FSUIPC and stay away from the SST Software (it creates issues of its own).

FSUIPC can be purchased here: FSUIPC 4

Regards,

Bob

A registered version of FSUIPC will make this a lot smoother for you with this aircraft and every other aircarft. I have the Saitek TQs and the work perfectly with FADEC, reverse thrust... I am also still using the 1.1 version of AirbusX (I'm not uograding until 1.2 is released).

You need the ability to program that red zone button to do the following:

1. Control when button is pressed: "Throttle 1 decrease"

2. "Control to repeat while held"

3. Control sent when button is released: " Throttle 1 cut"

Of course, this may make no sense without a registered version of FSUIPC. I have no idea what the key pressses are for these functions - sorry. FSX doesn't have all of them AFAIK.

The only thing I had to do with the Airbus throttles (not reverse thrust - that's a button, not an axis with the Saitek TQ) is remove the assignment for the throttle axis in FSUIPC, make the profile aircraft specific and add the assignment in FSX. I didn't touch my calibration in FSUIPC. Worked just fine from day one.

The throttles can be assigned in FSUIPC now so that they function exactly the same as they would if done through FS itself, also there is no need to have to assign the throttles through FSX itself anymore which is good news for FSUIPC users with lots of aircraft specific profiles who have no axes assigned through FSX itself. See the LUA scripts thread for details.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=37876

The throttles can be assigned in FSUIPC now so that they function exactly the same as they would if done through FS itself, also there is no need to have to assign the throttles through FSX itself anymore which is good news for FSUIPC users with lots of aircraft specific profiles who have no axes assigned through FSX itself. See the LUA scripts thread for details.

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=37876

Cool. I wasn't aware of that and I have never done anything with LUA.

Thanks for pointing this out.