Want to know why it is hard to do good scenery projects for the USA?

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

bandsma: You tell me what business the TSA has telling companies what to do... The fact of the matter is since 9/11 there are many agencies acting outside of the law. TSA agents don't decide where your first ammendment rights begin or end, please you don't need a Canadian to explain this to you.

• Upvote 1

Really so if Strid is concerned about debt and taxation and how that enslaves future generations let him. It's the truth after all. The US just gave 1 trillion to banks because of bets CEO's made on the black market. Then another 3 trillion on top of that because of the loss in GDP....and another 2 trillion for 2 unnecessary wars that you have no chance in heck of winning. Strid is now in the hole ~10,000 bucks and so are you... at least one of you is smart enough to realize it, or at least complain when he knows something is up, even if he doesn't have the economics background to prove it.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure it is difficult to an extent to get what you need to make U.S. airports. Maybe a local who could speak with inside officials and get the permission needed would make things easier. I do however see that many fine U.S. airports are being made including an entire northwest portion of the u.s. and some very nice new Hawaiian airports with some of the best work I've every seen for flight simulator. I'm not sure what lengths they went to get them but obviously it can be done. I'll admit I'm speaking from complete lack of knowledge of the subject so no need to hammer me with your wide span of in-depth knowledge and expertise of every subject known to man (you know who you are). Perhaps smaller GA airports would be easier as they are quite easy to access. I rarely fly from any major airport anyway so I'd be happy, but I'm only one person and have no idea what the market is for GA airports. I know I buy them up whenever I find them.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps smaller GA airports would be easier as they are quite easy to access. I rarely fly from any major airport anyway so I'd be happy, but I'm only one person and have no idea what the market is for GA airports. I know I buy them up whenever I find them.

Counting me, that market is made up of at least two people.;) Bring on the GA airports!

After thinking about it a bit, I guess you can't really fault some of the things being done, even if they do seem a bit over the top. If I was a public official, charged with protection of the people, I'm sure I would also be drawn towards the draconian in my need to do my job, though I suspect my more natural libertarian nature would balk at the need for ever tightening restrictions.

But..........

At what point do you wrap something you care for in so many layers of swaddling that the very thing you are trying to preserve is crushed to destruction beneath the weight of all of the "protection" :unsure:

MK says he needs "thousands of pictures".............

If I was an airport official, would I smile and say "Sure! Go ahead!"

Or would I deny access even if I was sympathetic to the request, because the world is just too dangerous these days, and even one mistake could cost..... too much?

Tough call........

Its obvious I am conflicted on this one!

I'm sure it is difficult to an extent to get what you need to make U.S. airports. Maybe a local who could speak with inside officials and get the permission needed would make things easier. I do however see that many fine U.S. airports are being made including an entire northwest portion of the u.s. and some very nice new Hawaiian airports with some of the best work I've every seen for flight simulator. I'm not sure what lengths they went to get them but obviously it can be done. I'll admit I'm speaking from complete lack of knowledge of the subject so no need to hammer me with your wide span of in-depth knowledge and expertise of every subject known to man (you know who you are). Perhaps smaller GA airports would be easier as they are quite easy to access. I rarely fly from any major airport anyway so I'd be happy, but I'm only one person and have no idea what the market is for GA airports. I know I buy them up whenever I find them.

I have often wondered this myself.

The fellows at FSDreamteam area based somewhere in Italy, Milan I think, and somehow they have managed to do great versions of KLAS, KORD, KFLL, KDFW, KJFK. Then there are the guys at FlyTampa who have covered a bunch of US airports back in the mid 2000's, and recently Buffalo.

Frankly, I think if Aerosoft really wanted to do US airports they would find a way since other devlopers have found a way to do accurate reproductions.

As it stands now, its probably best to just leave the US stuff to FSDreamteam and FlyTampa. FSDreamteam has really just began to to push the envelope of what can be done using different techniques. In fact, their second to latest offering, KDFW, is truely a work of art and gets amazingly good performace for an airport of that size and complexity, better than the default version on my rig with a lot more complexity and detail vs. the stock rendition. Umberto over at FSDT wrote a piece the other day about what they are doing with their KLAX project incorporating new shader techniques for rendering the ground textures and seasonal variations, without having to use seperate texture tiles for differently colored ground tiles based on different times of the year. I'm not knocking stuff done by Aerosoft, because I own a few sceneries done by them and they seem to be a nice bunch of folks, but you can't even compare the performance between the two different developers. As an example a small airport like NiceX, with no AI turned on and weather turned off, using the LDS 767, yields about 25 FPS max on my system, which is fine but thats with AI and weather turned off. Then I do the same test at KDFW which is much larger, has many more buildings, hangers, moving jetways, moving trams, etc. and I get 35 to 40 FPS, which leaves plenty of overhead for adding back in AI and weather. Even FSDT's KJFK performs better on my system than NiceX does and New York City is a usually an area that kills FPS. If I could get that type of performance from Aerosoft sceneries and have a trial period to test the scenery before purchasing it, or have a refund policy, I would probably buy just about every airport they make. As it stands now, most of their work (Aerosoft), while it usually looks great, it just doesn't yield the same performance I get from FSDT and FT products. Plus I usually need to go back an mip map the textures since it usually doesn't come standard and generally you need to buy AES credits if you want moving jetways.

Just my .02

Is this in FS9? Because in FSX it's almost the opposite for me. I do remember KORD being very good in FS9..not so hot in FSX.

I was talking FSX. I have no problem with ORD , JFk, or any of the other FSDT sceneries in FSX as far as FPS or shimmering go. I also have FS9 but haven't used it in about 2.5 years so I can't really speak about it on that sim.

Getting Some Rays: Forget Radar, Now the Government is X-Raying You as You Drive

If you have been feeling uneasy about having to be X-rayed by a Transportation Security Administration goon who can look under your clothes every time you fly, consider this: at least you can say no, and agree to be subjected to an old-fashioned full-body search.

No opt-out for the latest in anti-terror technology though, with reports just out in Forbes Magazine and the Christian Science Monitor that the Homeland Security Department has purchased 500 mobil X-ray vans called ZBVs that can scan cars, trucks and homes without the drivers even knowing that they're being zapped.

These vans, made by a Massachusetts company called American Science & Engineering, are fitted out with what are called Z Backscatter X-ray devices, which aim a focussed X-ray beam that reportedly has the capability of penetrating 14 inches of steel.

http://www.infowars....u-as-you-drive/

• Upvote 1

Hello Strid,

Please do tell what has your post got to do with the subject of the thread.

" All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"

The thread is about Pictures and Terrorist. I have news for you, 911 was an Inside Job. The Government is using the excuse of fighting Terrorism to bring in the Police State. When the Dollar is done Collapsing (underway) and people start to Wake Up from their hypnotic trance; the government is going to need a fascist police state to keep the people from rising up and having another Revolution.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home"

"

• Upvote 2