Want to know why it is hard to do good scenery projects for the USA?

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

I used to work in the US quite a bit until about 10yrs ago. I found the people there friendly and i also found it easy to get about. Now? I wouldn't go there if you paid me to. I find their ignorance of things outside of the US a major concern, not to mention their politics. The country is now so hell bent on knowing anything and everything about you at any cost, at the cost of freedom and their guiding principles. They have become so paranoid about any outsider to the point of xenophobia, utter madness. I've travelled to Russia a few times and i can tell you for a fact, it's easier to go there than it is the US. How things have changed.

Personally I was amazed after 9/11 they took over CERT.ORG now the domain is officially back in the hands of Carnegie Melon University, Given the department of homeland security now controls the knowledge base no computer in the world is safe in my opinion. If you think it is, your sadly mistaken. There is a way these updates get rolled out... by the time it gets on microsoft website a month or two could easily go by.

I hear what everyone is talking about. Being in the military I know all to well about the restrictions and rules that are involved with being in and around airports.. I think people should be able to take pictures of what they want. I do not think that simply having pictures implies that people have malicious intent, or that they could be used for such purposes. I would be more worried about blueprints for the building, or employee rosters, etc.. I think people taking pictures are the least of their worries. It is ashame though that this is the reason we do not have more sceneries. Although I just picked up your Buffalo/Niagara Falls X last week, and it looks terrific! I lived there for 5 years and definately recognize a lot of the custom buildings, and building placement. It was fun flying around just checking everything out. Still need to fly back, and check more of it out. I just hope that things get better, and the community will be able to create scenery without the worry of reprisal while taking photos. I know when I was in England, Scottland, and other overseas countries it always seemed more laid back than it was here definately.... Although I cannot echo your thoughts on American people being nice. Maybe that is because I am an American, and not a foreigner. For me I have always had my best experiences over seas, and people were always willing to stop/take or help you with anything you may of needed help with. To me most American's are stuck up, and only care about themselves. Is why I barely even leave me house anymore except to go to work, and go to the store. Just my thoughts though. I hope you do plan some more US sceneries in the pipeline though. Debating what US Cities X package I want to get next. Great value for the price.

Steve

• Aerosoft

I propose to close this topic. Think all that could be said has been said and perhaps even a bit more (also by me).

But at least I was able to show you why it's not always easy to do the scenery that people like.

• Upvote 1

I propose to close this topic. Think all that could be said has been said and perhaps even a bit more (also by me).

But at least I was able to show you why it's not always easy to do the scenery that people like.

Please. I think its all downhill from here:

Are you sure there isn't an actual war that was begun by the U.S government, and that targeted actual US citizens, or more specifically the urban lower class. That's what makes you a police state, your own actions, not the actions of 19 terrorists.

• Upvote 2

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

OPENING STATEMENT

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates taught his students that the pursuit of truth can only begin once they start to question and analyze every belief that they ever held dear. If a certain belief passes the tests of evidence, deduction, and logic, it should be kept. If it doesn't, the belief should not only be discarded, but the thinker must also then question why he was led to believe the erroneous information in the first place. Not surprisingly, this type of teaching didn't sit well with the ruling elite of Greece. Many political leaders throughout history have always sought to mislead the thinking of the masses. Socrates was tried for "subversion" and for "corrupting the youth". He was then forced to take his own life by drinking poison. It's never easy being an independent thinker! Today, our ruling government/media complex doesn't kill people for pursuing the truth about the world (at least not yet!) They simply label them as "extremists" or "paranoid", destroying careers and reputations in the process. For many, that's a fate even worse than drinking poison hemlock!"

911 was an in Inside Job. It was brought to you by the same International Crime Syndicate/Financiers that funded, lobbied and instigated 99% of all the wars on the planet for the past 300 years; probably since day one, if you can follow the blood lines. They own the Governments, Banks, Media, Military Industrial Complex, Petro/Chemical/Pharmaceutical Corporations, etc… They OWN YOU. Need proof ? Taxation and Debt (Slavery).

They also have secret weapon, it's called the Printing Press. They can print as much money as they want, which means they can buy anything and anybody they want. "Money for nothing and the planet for free" David Rockefeller

Still don't believe me ? Google is your best friend ! Start reading ! If you want to look the other way and put your Rosie Colored Glasses back on then fine but you might end up sick and homeless in the country your forefathers shed blood for trying to free this nation from these evil men.

"My people die and suffer for a lack of Knowledge" "My people are gone into captivity for lack of knowledge" Bible….

• Upvote 1

Yes most US debt is owned by the wealthy americans not the Chinese as one would think according to the media. They are the ones that TAX the government and get away with it everytime someones prints money.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

OPENING STATEMENT

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates taught his students that the pursuit of truth can only begin once they start to question and analyze every belief that they ever held dear. If a certain belief passes the tests of evidence, deduction, and logic, it should be kept. If it doesn't, the belief should not only be discarded, but the thinker must also then question why he was led to believe the erroneous information in the first place. Not surprisingly, this type of teaching didn't sit well with the ruling elite of Greece. Many political leaders throughout history have always sought to mislead the thinking of the masses. Socrates was tried for "subversion" and for "corrupting the youth". He was then forced to take his own life by drinking poison. It's never easy being an independent thinker! Today, our ruling government/media complex doesn't kill people for pursuing the truth about the world (at least not yet!) They simply label them as "extremists" or "paranoid", destroying careers and reputations in the process. For many, that's a fate even worse than drinking poison hemlock!"

911 in an Inside Job. It was brought to you by the same International Crime Syndicate/Financiers that funded, lobbied and instigated 99% of all the wars on the planet for the past 300 years; probably since day one, if you can follow the blood lines. They own the Governments, Banks, Media, Military Industrial Complex, Petro/Chemical/Pharmaceutical Corporations, etc… They OWN YOU. Need proof ? Taxation and Debt (Slavery).

They also have secret weapon, it's called the Printing Press. They can print as much money as they want, which means they can buy anything and anybody the want. "Money for nothing and the planet for free" David Rockefeller

Still don't believe me ? Google is your best friend ! Start reading ! If you want to look the other way and put your Rosie Colored Glasses back on then fine but you might end up sick and homeless in the country your forefathers shed blood for trying to free this nation from these evil men.

"My people die and suffer for a lack of Knowledge" "My people are gone into captivity for lack of knowledge" Bible….

Interesting. Apparently since the site update I cant post using my IPad.

Anyway, I think your remarks are interesting, but more than a little unorthodox!

• Upvote 1

Great quotations from the Bible, my favorite Book.

Lack of knowledge is what I fear for my people, and I pray that God will preserve our nation.

Mathijs, please forgive me if I have overstepped the line in any of my posts.

May God bless and keep you all.

• Upvote 2

I was hoping I'd get a chance to post here before it got locked... Mathijs, I sympathize with your plight of being asked to remove something from scenery that's plainly visible to people in "real life". There's a rampant paranoia on this side of the pond that's gotten a bit out of hand, for sure. Of course, it's not the first time we've been gripped by a fever like this... anyone remember the Cold War? McCarthyism? In my opinion, it's simply a cycle that plays out, and it will recede, or at least lighten up over time.

On the other side of the argument, I'd like to point out that in years of documenting US airports for FS projects, I've only been denied my request to photograph once - and that was by an airport manager who was new on the job and just wanted to check with his superiors first. From small private fields to municipal airports and even most recently a large international airport, I've found that once you explain yourself and request permission, they're usually happy to provide it. Mostly, it's just a matter of having respect for the job security personnel have to do, and seeing things from their viewpoint.

And lest people get too carried away with all the what happened to America talk, let's remember that overreaction is hardly ours exclusively. The last time I checked, Americans were still free to wear whatever religious garment they want. We may rail at illegal immigration, but we don't deport large numbers of legal citizens. Let's just say we all need to work on taking things down a notch or two.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs, i was wondering if you imply that it is so hard to get pictures of u.s airports how come fsdreamteam, flytampa etc make all these u.s scenerys when they arent from the U.S either. (george from flytampa lives in the U.K im pretty sure)

Thanks

I certainly understand and respect your views. I, of course, have no first-hand experience with living in a police state, but I am not totally ignorant of what it is like. I am not saying that we currently live in a police state, nor do I believe that security is bad. Without authority, we would live in a state of anarchy, which is just as bad as tyranny. I do, however, believe that the government is using terrorism as an excuse for excessive security and, therefore, control, for which government has an insatiable apatite. I'm not saying that we live in a police state; I'm saying that we will if we let our guard down. What frightens me is that people are unafraid of losing their freedom to big government. We should keep just as watchful an eye on authority as on terrorism. I fear losing my life to a terrorist; I fear losing my life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness to the government. If we lose our freedom, it will happen so slowly that it will be almost imperceptible. That's why I want people to be informed and on their guard. To place complete trust in government would be naive. I don't fear officials that are trying to protect us. But in many nations around the world, officials are not trying to protect, but to control their people. This may not be the case here, but will it be in the future? That's why we should be concerned. There is absolutely no reason that this couldn't happen here. Unfortunately, many Americans believe this to be an impossibility.

A police officer has the right to question a suspicious person in a public place, but he has no right to tell someone who has committed no crime that he cannot be in a certain public place.

Perhaps it is hard for us to relate to each other because of where we live. I live in a city of just over 50,000 people in the South; you live in a gigantic metropolis in the North. Terrorism is something we small-town Southerners see on the news, not something we fear when walking down the street. Therefore I, as one who has no first-hand experience with terrorism, greatly respect your concern.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."

"Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad."

"The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home."

-James Madison

That is what I fear.

You are 100% on the truth!

I website you may like:

http://www.infowars.com/

• Upvote 1

There's enough top rated documentaries in existance that we don't need sensationalist like InfoWars :) Just watch Food, Inc and Gasland and tell me the government is looking out for your safety... every industry is self regulating in North America. Even a brand new airliner is certified by Boeing, while the FAA simply rubberstamps it.

• Upvote 1

Most of the world is now eating and drinking poison. Depopulation is the End Game...

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was DEATH, and Monsanto followed with him"

The World According to Monsanto - Part 1 of 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hErvV5YEHkE

"The News is what we say it is"

Fox News Kills Monsanto Milk Story

• Upvote 1

I blame Dan Brown.... Ron Howard and Tom Hanks as well, politics is one thing, but this hokey pokey nonsense has had some mainstream following as a result of the books and movies. Some people have a hardtime telling the difference between fact and fiction...

• Upvote 2

EPA union scientists call for moratorium on fluoride in drinking water

(In the below letter, the scientists working in the EPA in 11 different unions (1500 scientists)correspond with the Administator of the EPA citing the recent scientific studies showing health risks of fluoridation and recommend that the maximum contaminant level of fluoride be set to zero)

August 5, 2005

RE: Bone Cancer-Fluoride Link

Hon. Stephen L. Johnson, Administrator

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

Dear Administrator Johnson:

We, the undersigned representatives of a majority (eleven) of EPA's employee unions, are requesting that you direct the Office of Water to issue an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking setting the maximum contaminant level goal for fluoride at zero, in accordance with Agency policy for all likely or known human carcinogens. Our request is based on the overall weight of the evidence supporting the classification of fluoride as a human carcinogen, including new information from Harvard on the link between fluoride in drinking water and osteosarcoma in boys that was conveyed to you in a meeting with union officials on May 4, 2005.

We appreciate that the Agency anticipates a report next year from the National Research Council on the propriety of its current drinking water standards for fluoride. But it seems highly inappropriate for EPA to do nothing now that it is in possession of this science, while millions of young boys continue to be exposed unwittingly to the elevated risk of a fatal bone cancer as the Agency waits for the NRC to issue its report, then for the report to undergo peer review, and then for the Agency to undertake its own deliberations.

By issuing an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking the Agency would inform the public and local health authorities about the results of the doctoral dissertation from the Harvard School of Dental Medicine by Elise Bassin without committing the Agency to a formal rulemaking until all those other steps are taken.

It is noteworthy that when industry becomes aware of important new scientific findings like this, it has (depending on the specific statute) a very brief time to notify EPA. The Agency is then expected to take timely and appropriate action based on the specifics of that notification. In the present case EPA is aware of important new, high quality evidence of potentially serious danger to young boys drinking fluoridated water, and we believe EPA has an ethical duty to send an effective warning immediately about this hazard.

It may in fact be appropriate for you to direct EPA's Office of Criminal Enforcement to investigate why Dr. Bassin's study, which was of sufficient quality for her to earn her doctoral degree, remained hidden from EPA for four years. Alternatively, you could request that the Department of Justice

undertake the investigation.

As you know, the apparent cover up of the link between water fluoridation and a seven-fold increased risk of osteosarcoma in young boys, shown by the research of Dr. Bassin, is now national news. Major newspapers, including the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal have covered the story. The Environmental Working Group has petitioned the National Toxicology Program to classify fluoride as a human carcinogen based in part on Dr. Bassin's work. (We recommend EWG's petition as a succinct and authoritative overview of the total weight of peer-reviewed evidence supporting the classification of fluoride as a human carcinogen.) EWG has also caused an investigation of the cover up to be started by Harvard and NIEHS, which funded the research.

The eyes of the nation are on the federal science establishment because of a host of scientific integrity issues. Former EPA Assistant Administrator Lynn Goldman and Roni Neff have just published a paper in the American Journal of Public Health on the cost of delayed adoption of health-protective standards that illuminates the real public health costs of the government's failure to act on sound scientific evidence.

We believe our Agency can make an important statement about its commitment to scientific integrity and its application to public health protection by taking the precautionary action we are recommending.

We at EPA can be ahead of the curve on this important issue or behind it. We do not think the latter choice is in the best interest of the public, the Civil Service or EPA, and we fervently and respectfully hope that you will agree with us. As a wise man once said, "The science is what the science is."

We will be happy to discuss this with you and your advisers at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Dwight A. Welch, President

NTEU Chapter 280

EPA Headquarters

J. William Hirzy, Vice-President

NTEU Chapter 280

EPA Headquarters

/s/Steve Shapiro, President

AFGE local 3331

EPA Headquarters

/s/Paul Sacker, President

AFGE Local 3911

Region 2 Office, New York

/s/Larry Penley. President

NTEU Chapter 279

EPA Cincinnati Laboratory

/s/Nancy Barron, President

NAGE Local R5-55

Region 4 Office, Atlanta

/s/Wendell Smith, President

ESC/IFPTE Local 20

Region 9 Office, San Francisco

/s/Patrick Chan, President

NTEU Chapter 295

Region 9 Office, San Francisco

/s/Henry Burrell, President

AFGE Local 3428

Region 1 Office, Boston

/s/Alan Hollis, President

AFGE Local 3611

Region 3 Office, Philadelphia

/s/Frank Beck, President

AFGE Local 2900

Ada Laboratory

/s/Mark Coryell, President

AFGE Local 3907

Ann Arbor Laboratory

• Upvote 2

Second Thoughts about Fluoride

by Dan Fagin.

Scientific American, January 2008, pages 74–81

KEY CONCEPTS

•
Researchers are intensifying their scrutiny of fluoride, which is added to most public water systems in the U.S. Some recent studies suggest that overconsumption of fluoride can raise the risks of disorders affecting teeth, bones, the brain and the thyroid gland.

•
A 2006 report by a committee of the National Research Council recommended that the federal government lower its current limit for fluoride in drinking water because of health risks to both children and adults

Page 75: Most fluoridated water contains much less fluoride than the EPA limit, but the situation is worrisome because there is so much uncertainty over how much additional fluoride we ingest from food, beverages and dental products. What is more, the NRC panel noted that fluoride may also trigger more serious health problems, including bone cancer and damage to the brain and thyroid gland. Although these effects are still unproved, the panel argued that they deserve further study.

<P align=left>

Fluoridation status of some countries

Despite dental pressure, 99% of western continental Europe has rejected, banned, or stopped fluoridation due to environmental, health, legal, or ethical concerns

Only about 5% of the world population is fluoridated and more than 50% of these people live in North America. The Danish Minister of Environment recommended against fluoridation in 1977 because "no adequate studies had been carried out on its long-term effects on human organ systems other than teeth and because not enough studies had been done on the effects of fluoride discharges on freshwater ecosystems."

"In 1978, the West German Association of Gas & Water Experts rejected fluoridation for legal reasons and because 'the so-called optimal fluoride concentration of 1 mg per L is close to the dose at which long-term damage [to the human body] is to be expected.' "

Quotes from: Hilleman B, "FLUORIDATION: Contention won't go away," Chemical and Engineering News, 1988 Aug, 66:31 (The [ ] brackets were in the original article)

CountryFluoridation Status

China BANNED: "not allowed"

Austria REJECTED: "toxic fluorides" NOT added

Belgium REJECTED: encourages self-determination – those who want fluoride should get it themselves.

Finland STOPPED: "...do not favor or recommend fluoridation of drinking water. There are better ways of providing the fluoride our teeth need." A recent study found ..."no indication of an increasing trend of caries...."

Germany STOPPED: A recent study found no evidence of an increasing trend of caries

Denmark REJECTED: "...toxic fluorides have never been added to the public water supplies in Denmark."

Norway REJECTED: "...drinking water should not be fluoridated"

Sweden BANNED: "not allowed". No safety data available!

The Netherlands Inevitably, whenever there is a court decision against fluoridation, the dental lobby pushes to have the judgement overturned on a technicality or they try to get the laws changed to legalize it. Their tactics didn't work in the vast majority of Europe.

Hungary STOPPED: for technical reasons in the '60s. However, despite technological advances, Hungary remains unfluoridated.

Japan REJECTED: "...may cause health problems...." The 0.8 -1.5 mg regulated level is for calcium-fluoride, not the hazardous waste by-product which is added with artificial fluoridation.

• Upvote 2

Do you still think Fluoride is good for you ?

I challenge anybody to eat their Fluoridated toothpaste and report back to me on how they feel.…

These articles and Quotes that I have posted will likely be wasted on many "lemmings"(see below).

The World would still be flat if it was up to Designer Paule and his Statis budies. Open Discussion and Free Speech would be out the door as well.

"hokey pokey nonsense", Na, were just ahead of the curve !! We like to think outside of the box !

"The last time I checked, Americans were still free to wear whatever religious garment they want"

You call that freedom ?

Are you free when you have to ask the Government for Authorization to travel ? You are not allowed to visit Cuba you know ?

Are your free as a doctor to practice Alternative Cancer Therapy ?

Are you free to drink Raw Unpasteurised Milk ?

Are you free to Smoke DMT ?

Will you be free to keep buying and consuming Vitamins and Herbs ? Not for long, big Pharma is lobbying to take that freedom away from you as we speak.

Are you free when the Government can label you as Terrorist and lock you up indefinitely with out no Habeas Corpus ?

Are you free from Taxation (Theft) ?

Are you free when the Banks and Corporations lobby the Government to steal money out of the Treasury (Bailouts, War Profiteering, Subsides, Printing of Money, etc…) ?

Will you be free when Hyper Inflation hits ?

Do you think the Government is Honest ? Three Trillion Dollars missing out of the DOD, Circa 2001. How do you loose Three Trillion ? Where was the TV talking heads then ? Maybe their part of the Conspiracy.

What happens when you lie to the Government ? You go to Jail. What happens when the Government lies to "We The People" ? We go to War. How did we end up with the short end of the stick. ?

"Power Corrupts; and absolute Power Corrupts absolutely".

Gentlemen, the Government does not Police it's self. It's your Job to keep them in check.

"There are of course those who have fallen under the hypnotic spell of the TV talking-heads and "experts" whom they worship as authority figures. Unaccustomed to thinking for themselves, no amount of truth can sway them from their preconceived prejudices. They will even deny that which they see with their own eyes. They are victims of a psychological affliction known as "the lemming effect". Lemmings are small rodents who have been known to follow each other as they charge to their deaths into raging rivers or off of cliffs. Lemminghood is an innate psychological phenomenon, present in most mammals and observable in common people as well the most sophisticated and educated elites. Lemminghood is not an intellectual phenomenon - it is psychological. As such, no socio-economic class is immune to its strangulating effect. A grant-seeking university scientist can be a lemming just as much as a fashion obsessed teen-age girl. One blindly follows the latest trendy theory while the other blindly follows the latest trendy clothing style. What's the difference? Neither can resist the force of nature."

"The power to fit in with one's social peers can be irresistible. To a human lemming, the logic behind an opinion doesn't count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion. Man, like lemming, behaves collectively. And it could be no other way. Naturally, the individual must be equipped with this trait. Otherwise, the smallest steps toward civilization could never have been made. Lemminghood is a survival trait, an inborn instinct in the majority of people. However, as with all natural phenomena, this tendency can be manipulated and used for harmful purposes.

It is this lemming effect which enables entire segments of a society to lose their sense of judgment all at the same time. This research paper will likely be wasted on many lemmings. For lemmings, denial is a basic psychological defense mechanism used to not only shield themselves from unpleasant realities, but also to reassure themselves that they will still fit within the acceptable range of opinion held by their peer group. Lemmings are absolutely terrified at the thought of being labeled as an "extremist" or a "conspiracy theorist". At all costs, their beliefs must always be on the "right" side of the issue and conform within the boundaries of their lemming peers. Lemmings simply cannot bear the burden of responsibility, or the discomfort, which comes with thinking independently. They'll resist any efforts to change their misguided beliefs with all their mental energy. We can try to open their closed minds and free them from their self-imposed blindness, but it's not easy fighting the force of human nature. The chains of ideological conformity have too strong of a grip, and breaking them is a difficult task. With the limited resources at our disposal, it is next to impossible to compete with the media lemming-masters. Nevertheless, some of us must make the meager attempt, and thus lay the foundation upon which the truth might one day rise again."

"There are those among us who do have the courage and intellectual capacity to break free of the shackles of lemminghood and accept the truth when it is presented in a clear and logical sequence."

• Upvote 3

Hmm I think flouride masks the taste of chlorine real well....:)

but seriously there is no need for any government to go out of its way to introduce any chemical useful or not to the basic task of delivering clean drinking water. Last time I checked the dentist weren't even behind this... they prefer actual brushing.