Just purchased, FSX crashed twice in 10 mins.

MatthewS

Well I bit the bullet and purchased AirbusX.

Twice in 10 mins it crashed FSX about 5 mins into flight.

All I was doing was panning around the aircraft, trying different views etc.

Are others having CTD issues?

Not impressed, although the VC and external modelling is very good.

Also I remember now why I never did like the default A320 FBW (and therefore the AirbusX FBW).

It's because to me the FBW always felt "mushy" especially in pitch. You point the nose down gently and release the side-stick but then the nose tends to raise slightly. It requires constant "tweaking" get it to stay where you want. Now maybe that is realistic but I somehow doubt it.

Surely when I release the side-stick the aircraft should maintain its current attitude and not move at all (until I guess overspeed protection kicks in?).

Are you using Win7 and is FSX crashing when you're using the context menu for changing views etc?

Win7 64 bit... Just pressing S and A keys to change views. The first time it happened I was pressing A to check out all the different views, from memory it CTD when I cycled all the way back to the first VC view.

The second time I think I was just panning around in the cockpit with the mouse (mouse look enabled).

Third time I crashed the plane trying to land. It switched to external view and then when it started reset the sim it CTD'd.

That's odd. hold's perfect attitude for me... never an issue. Maybe you have to adjust your null zone

I do this... fly straight and level, flaps up, say at about 240kt. Push stick forward to maybe 5 degree nose down, release the stick.

The nose doesn't stay where I pointed (at 5 degrees down) it but instead "drifts" back up a couple of degrees over about 1 to 2 seconds. Surely in the real aircraft the instant I release pressure on the stick the FBW should be trimming to maintain the exact pitch commanded?