Update Airbus Connect

Guest Dick77

Did you never encountered such error in previous version ?

Theoretically "dark & cold" state should not make sense in this case. Which aircraft did you loaded right before this error occurs, could you tell me its title?

Thank you.

Did you never encountered such error in previous version ?

Theoretically "dark & cold" state should not make sense in this case. Which aircraft did you loaded right before this error occurs, could you tell me its title?

Thank you.

This did not happen before the update.

The aircraft is the Lufthansa 321.

I just followed the sequence in the Tutorial and indeed you can argue about the status of the aircraft, when you enter the Fuel and Payload data and the Flight Plan as well. This all should be done after the Prelimanary Initial Cockpit Preparation, but ask an active 320 pilot how they proceed nowadays.

Choobe, after the update I got following information and could not send data to the Airbus!?

I successfully loaded the A321 Lufthansa livery via the Load Manager with the bus in the cold & dark state. Please remember the correct steps to load the bus -

1. launch FSX and start your flight with the bus & livery you want to fly. You can even set you state once the bus fully loads.

2. launch the load manager.

3. set your desired fuel, passanger and cargo load

4 click the Send Data to FSX button.

Bob

I successfully loaded the A321 Lufthansa livery via the Load Manager with the bus in the cold & dark state. Please remember the correct steps to load the bus -

1. launch FSX and start your flight with the bus & livery you want to fly. You can even set you state once the bus fully loads.

2. launch the load manager.

3. set your desired fuel, passanger and cargo load

4 click the Send Data to FSX button.

Bob

Bob, your sequence differs with step 7.3.1 in the Tutorial.

After loading the Cessna in Dark and Cold to the desired parking position at the airport and then change to the livery A321 Lufthansa, the A321 will not show up in the state Dark and Cold, but I have to use the MCDU to force it in that state. Next step launching the Load Manager, etc. works, but clicking the Data Send to FSX button creates the above thumbnail

Bob, your sequence differs with step 7.3.1 in the Tutorial.

After loading the Cessna in Dark and Cold to the desired parking position at the airport and then change to the livery A321 Lufthansa, the A321 will not show up in the state Dark and Cold, but I have to use the MCDU to force it in that state. Next step launching the Load Manager, etc. works, but clicking the Data Send to FSX button creates the above thumbnail

Just tried thw follwoing and was able to successfully load the airbus -

1. loaded FSX using the Cessna C172 at EDDF.

2. shutdown the C172 (made it cold & dark)

3. selected and loaded the Lufthansa A321

4. the bus was not in the cold and dark state, which it WILL NOT be as the bus is loaded using the last config/situation status of its last flight (see page 10 3.1 of the stepbystep guide which states -

"After loading change aircraft to Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE. Sometimes it happens that the aircraft is not "dark & cold" because the Aerosoft software saves the configuration / situation status of the A321 IAE the last times you "left" the plane. In this case please set all knobs, switches and buttons to OFF so that no lights are ON (Batteries 1 + 2 should be set OFF last) - please see Picture 7: Overhead Panel - "

5. I set the bus to be cold & dark via the MCDU menu

6. launched the AirbusConnect X Load Manager

7. was able to successfully load the bus from the load manager.

Do you have all of the Visual C++ 2005 & 2008 (and associated SP1's) installed? Does you airbusxconnect.ini file have a pound sign '#' listed in front of the entry? If yes, remove the pound sign.

[Payload]

AircraftTitleCheckingEnabled=0

Just tried thw follwoing and was able to successfully load the airbus -

1. loaded FSX using the Cessna C172 at EDDF.

2. shutdown the C172 (made it cold & dark)

3. selected and loaded the Lufthansa A321

4. the bus was not in the cold and dark state, which it WILL NOT be as the bus is loaded using the last config/situation status of its last flight (see page 10 3.1 of the stepbystep guide which states -

"After loading change aircraft to Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE. Sometimes it happens that the aircraft is not "dark & cold" because the Aerosoft software saves the configuration / situation status of the A321 IAE the last times you "left" the plane. In this case please set all knobs, switches and buttons to OFF so that no lights are ON (Batteries 1 + 2 should be set OFF last) - please see Picture 7: Overhead Panel - "

5. I set the bus to be cold & dark via the MCDU menu

6. launched the AirbusConnect X Load Manager

7. was able to successfully load the bus from the load manager.

Do you have all of the Visual C++ 2005 & 2008 (and associated SP1's) installed? Does you airbusxconnect.ini file have a pound sign '#' listed in front of the entry? If yes, remove the pound sign.

[Payload]

AircraftTitleCheckingEnabled=0

Thanks Bob, I followed exactly the sequence you describe to put the aircraft in cold & dark (only the light EXT PWR AVAIL is on because the APU is connected) and can still not sent data.

I run XP SP2 (fully updated) and since I am not a programmer, I do not know what you mean with Visual C++2005 & 2008.

Please see thumbnail below showing my airbusxconnect.ini file.

post-10653-029621700 1284284663_thumb.gi

Dick77, I found no problem in your INI file.

Does it happen with "Airbus A321 Lufthansa AISH" only, what about other ones?

I tried to reproduce according to the steps given above and encounter no problem. Are you sure the application EXE file and the that INI file are located in the same folder?

And try loading Airbus aircraft after AirbusX Connect is launched.

In case if nothing helped, please send me your logfile, you can get it by changing following parameter in INI file, and repeating steps above:

[Common]

Logging=1

Dick77, I found no problem in your INI file.

Does it happen with "Airbus A321 Lufthansa AISH" only, what about other ones?

I tried to reproduce according to the steps given above and encounter no problem. Are you sure the application EXE file and the that INI file are located in the same folder?

And try loading Airbus aircraft after AirbusX Connect is launched.

In case if nothing helped, please send my your logfile, you can get it by changing following parameter in INI file, and repeating steps above:

[Common]

Logging=1

Choobe, it works for me now with following sequence:

1. Start FSX with Cessna 172 in Dark & Cold at the desired airport

2. Set the payload in AirbusConnect

3. Sending data shows "Sorry, wrong aircraft, load Airbus Aerosoft Airbus X instead" I think that is correct.

4. Load Airbus LH 321. (I get always a NON Dark & Cold state including Simulation Paused, regardless in which state FSX/Airbus was closed)

5. Turn off Simulation Paused

6. Go to MCDU and put the aircraft in the Dark & Cold state.

7. Go back to AirbusConnect

8. Can now load the payload data succesfully

• Aerosoft

I once had the same problem. I solved it by running AirbusConnect with with Administrator privilges. (Right click on icon -> Run as administrator)

If you FSX is installed in the default (program folders etc) location Windows Vista and Windows 7 will try to prevent you accessing these files. Running as admin will indeed help with that.

If you ever get the option, do not install FS in it's default location but make something like C:\FSX. It will be prevent a lot of smallish issues.

Is there a possibility to insert airbus connect in to the addon menu in the sim? It is kind of a pain to have to go back to the desktop after you are sitting at the gate. Its not a big deal but it would be more convenient.

• 8 months later...

If you FSX is installed in the default (program folders etc) location Windows Vista and Windows 7 will try to prevent you accessing these files. Running as admin will indeed help with that.

If you ever get the option, do not install FS in it's default location but make something like C:\FSX. It will be prevent a lot of smallish issues.

I've tried this, but it always told me that it wouldn't let FSX go this way & wouldn't let me install it this way..

I'm having trouble getting my Ariane 737NG to re-activate.. Long story & part of it was my fault for doing a factory restore before finding out that there fix-its for my issues I was having with FSX & UT2.. However before I found those fix-its I rushed into something I wish now I hadn't but I apparently messed something up on my Ariane Airplanes & can't them to re-activate.. Fortuantly atleast I didn't have the same fate with the rest of my airplane fleet..

However I did try to do that earlier & Microsoft wouldn't let me.