airbus x disappointed as many things dont work

britfrog

Hi just bought airbus x and installed it. Firstly I have been charged twice for a single purchase hopefully someone will do something about it .

My Main gripe is one cannot change the heading, speed, altitude or vertical speed as none of these "buttons" work I can click on them but get no+ or- sign to increase or decreas their values.

I am using win7 ultim 64 bit

any help would be appreciated

• Upvote 1

You would probably be best posting in the correct forum area for a start as there is a dedicated Airbus X forum, then have a good read of the manuals, control manipulation with the mouse is very different to what you may have been used to with other aircraft in FSX. You would definitely do well to follow the tutorial flight in the step by step guide, this is a must for anyone who is not familiar with Airbus systems.

Definitely read the manual... It will teach you basics like using the middle mouse button for adjusting settings, etc...

I'm a W7/64 user and once you get used to the 'Bus I think you'll find it really is a very good program, and one that there seems a commitment to make even better going forward.

There are easier A320 packages out there, but they're more a representation of that the aircraft looks like than what and how it does it.

Hi just bought airbus x and installed it. Firstly I have been charged twice for a single purchase hopefully someone will do something about it .

My Main gripe is one cannot change the heading, speed, altitude or vertical speed as none of these "buttons" work I can click on them but get no+ or- sign to increase or decreas their values.

I am using win7 ultim 64 bit

any help would be appreciated

Another one. Must be day-release or something.

Look, we don't care what you think. If you have a problem, and need help, ask for it. And do so by providing sufficient information to enable someone who gives a damn to help you. If not, just shut up or post in the right place. :banghead1_s:

This pathetic whining, in the wrong forum, as a first post - with no supporting information of any substance - doesn't help you, and it certainly doesn't help me and others like me who have to read this drivel just to find out it's drivel... :angry:

Please decide, and stop wasting our time.

• Upvote 6

Look, we don't care what you think. If you have a problem, and need help, ask for it. And do so by providing sufficient information to enable someone who gives a damn to help you. If not, just shut up or post in the right place. :banghead1_s:

This pathetic whining, in the wrong forum, as a first post - with no supporting information of any substance - doesn't help you, and it certainly doesn't help me and others like me who have to read this drivel just to find out it's drivel... :angry:

If you're speaking for "us", I must be in the wrong place.

If heaven don't allow no dogs, then "any place that's too high-falootin' for Rip is too fancy for me."

- The Hunt, Rod Serling

• Upvote 5

Simon,

as a long time reader and sometimes writer I really respect your knowledge about FS, PCs and aviation in general.

Of course it's getting boring when people don't take their time to search the forum. But please keep one thing in mind. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there how buy Aerosoft products and have never been in the forum since everything worked fine. Now they have a problem and find the the first time this forum here. They post in the hope to get help from Aerosoft side and you answer "stop wasting OUR time". Well, I know you and I wouldn't take the answer bad. But for somebody who is new to the community it must sound like "Nice that you have bought a Aerosoft product, but now go to hell". From where should he know that you are only a user and not stuff?

Sure, a lot of people are buying the Bus in the moment and a lot of people have their problems. So, no wonder when a lot of people also join the forum and post questions. I think it's much better to give a short hint as Andy did (first answer), instead of scaring them away. Don't forget that it's reflecting onto whole Aerosoft.

Kai

• Upvote 4

Simon,

as a long time reader and sometimes writer I really respect your knowledge about FS, PCs and aviation in general.

Of course it's getting boring when people don't take their time to search the forum. But please keep one thing in mind. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there how buy Aerosoft products and have never been in the forum since everything worked fine. Now they have a problem and find the the first time this forum here. They post in the hope to get help from Aerosoft side and you answer "stop wasting OUR time". Well, I know you and I wouldn't take the answer bad. But for somebody who is new to the community it must sound like "Nice that you have bought a Aerosoft product, but now go to hell". From where should he know that you are only a user and not stuff?

Sure, a lot of people are buying the Bus in the moment and a lot of people have their problems. So, no wonder when a lot of people also join the forum and post questions. I think it's much better to give a short hint as Andy did (first answer), instead of scaring them away. Don't forget that it's reflecting onto whole Aerosoft.

Kai

The point is that the post is irrelevant. We really don't care that`he's not happy`. Not in this `Information & General Discussion` forum...

I also have no interest in his opinion, his thoughts - or pathetic whining - unless there is something of relevance to back it up, the basis for the discussion, troubleshoot or whatever.

We have seen this time and time again when products don't meet the unrealistic expectations of the simmer, who either hasn't taken the time and trouble to do his research, or more likely finds himself reaching for the `forum` button before even reading the manual or installing the product according to the instructions. In this case the WRONG forum button, further evidencing the skills of the poster.

I have no problem with people having opinions. Everyone is entitled to them. But when choosing to express them it's encumbent on the poster to state their position AND JUSTIFY IT, or else the opinion can be challenged by others who also have opinions, just ones' not necessarily in step with their own.

So, if you wish to tolerate the OP's original whining then equally, my opinion of him as somehow incompetent and facile must also be tolerated. Especially as I provide evidence and justification! The evidence for which is that he posted in the wrong forum, didn't provide system or sim details, didn't describe the problem in sufficient detail, didn't express himself clearly or succinctly enough to enable anyone to help, leading to the almost inevitable conclusion that he doesn't want help, just a platform for his moans - even though he needs help. And that is a waste of EVERYONES time: Mine, yours - AND Aerosoft team members... Heck, he didn't even bother to take the 20 seconds to complete his Profile before he tapped his pathetic musings on the keyboard...

As for Aerosoft, I think it is self-evident who is `Aerosoft` and who isn't. If there's any confusion in anyones mind then frankly, they're probably too dumb to be here in the first place and should take up crochet.

There are guidelines as to how to ask for help. There are clear and detailed headers on the purpose and direction of each and every Aerosoft forum. It is NOT too much to ask posters - whether new or wizened - to use the right one, in the right way, in order to alleviate the load and burden placed on those who supply help and advice here - including `non-Aerosoft` people.

Help is a concept that requires a two-way street, not a cul-de-sac.

• Upvote 5

Hello Britfrog,

Its always best to seek advice before being critical as it can come back and bite you and thats never good thing as it then means A: You may feel silly, and B: An apology may be necessary.

The Airbus works differently in the way you set the various knobs and settings. You really need to read the Step by Step manual and get acquainted to how these controls work. You also need to set up your joystick throttle etc but this should all be explained, also best to do the tutorial flight a few times till you've cracked it and then go on to do your own flights.

As for your duplicate purchase if you've written to support@aerosoft.com and explain about the duplicate purchase I'm sure they'll see you right.

Well I got to give my 2 cents here too. First of all it would have been easy to tell him to use the mouse wheel to change the values if that helps and then, like Andy did, point him to the right place to seek help. One more thing is worth mentioning. Even with me that I'm a 15 years simmer and a RW pilot, sometimes things go wrong without any apparent reason. For example, my AirbusX is working pretty well and I'm having a lot of fun with it, which also give me more time to try to help others that aren't, but for whatever reason the other day after installing one of the new liveries, the AP stopped responding right after TO and there was nothing I could have done because none of the knobs was responding to me so I had to abort the flight. Now to me it only happened with that specific livery, but maybe to this guy it's happening all the time. We didn't even ask if he knew the Airbus logic, but instead jumped to the conclusion that he's coming from Boeing and has no clue how the Airbus works.

All I'm trying to say is that sometimes weird things happen to seasoned people too and while, as experienced simmers, we might be able to get our way around it and know where to ask doesn't mean that everybody should behave that way.....

Will

• Upvote 3

there seems a commitment to make even better going forward.

How else could it go better? It doesn't go backward, unless you use reverse thrust from stationary, which is prohibited by all operators.