What's up with the cookies...?

tup61

It seems that since the last time the forum was down, the software forgets where I have been. Before this I could come here on three different computers and each and every time I only saw the news posts: the rest was marked read (by me). But now it seems the forum forgets what I have read. On every computer I see things marked as unread from yesterday or earlier. I tried to login and logout etc. on the various computers, but it doesn't help. This makes it very hard to keep track of what I have already read or not.

Am I the only one having this problem? Other forums don't have this problem, so it seems related to this one forum alone.

It seems that since the last time the forum was down, the software forgets where I have been. Before this I could come here on three different computers and each and every time I only saw the news posts: the rest was marked read (by me). But now it seems the forum forgets what I have read. On every computer I see things marked as unread from yesterday or earlier. I tried to login and logout etc. on the various computers, but it doesn't help. This makes it very hard to keep track of what I have already read or not.

Am I the only one having this problem? Other forums don't have this problem, so it seems related to this one forum alone.

You're not the only one Jeroen, I have the same. Probably related to recent forum updates.

Glad I am not the only one. And btw it's even worse than I thought, because even on the same computer the forum doesn't know what I have read or not! And the cookie DOES work because I login automatically. Weird.

Hi,

I tried to re-read all the 'un'read posts today, left the forum, deleted the cookie and logged-in again.

Now after some hours I logged-in again and everything seems fine now.

Thanks to whom it concerns.

Regards

(IE8 here)

had the same issue, but fixed it here by using the `mark board as read` linkie right at the very foot of the page. Its also right next to the `delete cookies` button so you can try both!

Hello again.

@Shaun

Yes I did delete the cookies on that PC.

@Simon

That was exactly what I tried before my (succesfull) post. Had thought I put the tick out, but it was still there, when I looked after posting.

After I deleted the cookie in IE8 all the posts are there again as on the other machine (IE6).

Since I join the forum from different PCs, I think the forum software should keep in mind which posts I have read. This was the fact before the forum software was upgraded/altered.

Regards

Hello guys,

Not sure whats going on here but I haven't tried this from a different machine but I dont see this happening.

I came back onto the forum this morning and all the posts that I had read are still down as being read.

New post are there that I haven't read.

It even did this after I logged off and came back as a guest.