Recoloring existing FSX aircraft?

NaviAtHeart

What you probably need is a good paint program, I use Paint Shop Pro (payware) on one computer, and on the other computer I use Gimp (freeware). I had a hard time getting used to using Gimp at first after using PSP for so many years, but it is definitely a worthy piece of software (and it's FREE). Anyway, the perfect solution to painting an aircraft would be to have templates for them, but you will most likely need to repaint them from scratch yourself. You will definitely need to go to http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/ and pick up the DXTBmp program (freeware). A VERY useful program, I have even used it to paint rFactor & NR2003 cars and trucks.

Hope any of this helps, but please have patience when using these programs, because there is definitely a learning curve. If you have time, definitely look into tutorials for these programs, because they can be VERY helpful. There used to be a site that had a great tutorial on repainting aircraft for FS2004, but it can still be used for FSX. I will try to look for that address for you.

Scott

To do this, you have to have the other pilots paint scheme installed on your computer. Since the preview of Acceleration came out, I always wanted to see some sites hold one's paint schemes like NASCAR Racing 2003 did, then you could go to the site and add to your computer all the pilots you wanted. This is okay if you have a lot of hard drive disk space (I think I had somewhere between 12-14GB of just other peoples cars), but I don't think it would be useful in the aircraft choosing menu (in NR2003, it took about 4-5minutes or more to load that menu on my computer, not to mention the time to even find your own car). The system really worked though if you were part of a league or club.

Back in the FS2004 multiplayer days, members of SOAR had a person that created a zip file of all that wanted to compete in the online competition that was held. I think I remember seeing that the paint schemes were striped a bit of quality though (to reduce the size of the download I suspect maybe), but at least one could have other peoples aircraft to see in the sim other than default aircraft. I remember seeing a French? site that held competitions what seemed like 2-4 times a month.

Scott