SID/STAR

baw079

Good morning.

First of all this is not a complaint but rather a request for information.

Since the Airbus was released I have tried to use the aircraft due to it's stunningly visual graphics as they are the best I have seen in any VC.

Can you please advise on the use of SID/STAR's database, which I believe are not in use on this aircraft.

If this is the case, is there a way to program a SID/STAR into a flight plan and also, what is the reason to download the latest Navigraph database if the aircrfat only follows the FSX flightplan without any SID/STAR's.

I was under the assumption that the aircraft would follow the fSX flight plan but be capable of including a SID/STAR from the Navigraph database.

Otherwise, I could sit in and look at the VC all day as it looks incredible.

Thanks

Willie G

Easiest way is to use an external flight planning tool that allows you to enter the SIDS and STARS to the plan, something like FSCommander works well. You then export the plan to FSX format and save it in the FSX plan folder and load it in the sim the same as you would any other FP.

You still can't enter constraints though, you will have to read the charts for those and constrain manually.

The reason to update the Airac cycle through Navigraph is because when you insert the waypoints e/o fixes into the FMC it has to ba able to recognize them. Every time you fly a SID or a STAR you should have the chart right in front of you and if you do then you're able to manually enter the details of such APP e/o DEP into the FMC which is the way we actually do it in real flights too sometimes. The easy way to do it is certainly as Andy said.

Cheers

Will

You can pretty much use even the FSX planner to fly just about any STAR all the main intersections are already there, and if you're missing a few just add it in manually. Once you reach terminal airspace enter the pattern and land....

Non issue for me from the beginning. People's obsession with the lack of SIDs and STARs just goes to show what level of flight planning they do on a regular basis, prior to take off. The sad part is there is very important information on the chart that isn't contained in any of the FMCs not even PMDGS.

maybe you could fly the sid/star by your self?! I know that is relaxing if you put the sid and star and maybe the transission into the fmc, but it makes also a lot of fun to fly depatures and arrival routes by your self...you have to calculate when you begin the descent and so.

best regards

maybe you could fly the sid/star by your self?! I know that is relaxing if you put the sid and star and maybe the transission into the fmc, but it makes also a lot of fun to fly depatures and arrival routes by your self...you have to calculate when you begin the descent and so.

best regards

Yup.. all that FMC stuff should assist you not inhibit you.. but to some the glass will remain half empty until they realize they're the ones not doing things correctly or real world. Ask a unionized ATC how much he thinks about computers and automation "doing" his job...

To AirbusX developpers ,reconsider the MCDU release,after all ServicePacks, the only thing with the FSX limitations or logic will remain the MCDU !!

it is not cool simulate to fly an airbus without the logic of is MCDU !, we also emulate an airbus pilot beeing virtual pilot ! ,not only fly from one place to another, so,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... the airbusX is an excellent product,a must ,i suggest to make a very realistic MCDU and and sell it as an opzional !

Thanks Bye.

Guys,

thanks very much for the input.

I always have my charts in view from Navigraph. Just thought I was missing something.

Time to give the Airbus a spin I think.

Thanks again.

Willie G

Sometimes SIDS/STAR have over 15-20 waypoints. For example the STAR in Stockholm - which is normally used very often. Besides that some waypoints have restrictions. Therefore i still hope aerosoft some day will release an update to the FMC since these features are in almost all other add-on aircrafts - besides maybe abacus.

This probably post no. 1000 about this, sorry ;) But the enthusiasm is huge! ;) Cheers