Good news for upcomming SP1

Finn

We have made good progress fixing some of the major issues..

We found that climb performance for SP2 users (those not using acceleration pack) was flawed - this has been fixed by now.

I have found a way to fix the nosedip when flying manually. FSX can be spooky at times.

The fix for the manual flightmode during landing alo has helped on autoland performance.

I still want the beta testers to test this, if reports are positive, I then need time to fix and change a few items affected by this.

SP1 will offcourse include other fixes.

Just to keep You updated.

Finn

• Upvote 4

can you please fix the GPWS please

referring to this video > http://www.youtube.c...h?v=b4GmYrWVXe4

the quality of the audio callouts i don't care about as long as i can replace them

but please fix the way they trigger!!!

please add the 1000, 500, 10, 5 callouts and if you can the "100 above"!

and please make the retard callout at around 18 feet! and make it repeat a little slower

Good news. Just wanted to add this aircraft is by far th best on my machine and the best of any aircraft I have used. Its a real joy to fly in FSX now. So good job to you and your team for getting a good product from the start, and good job again for keeping us infomed along the way and of changes and updates, and jood job again for the quick updates!!

Nice to hear that things are progressing... :)

I still cannot get the thought out of my head how some of these flight issues didn't appear during beta tests. Still, we move on, and it looks like things are improving.

Andrew

Nice to hear that things are progressing... :)

I still cannot get the thought out of my head how some of these flight issues didn't appear during beta tests. Still, we move on, and it looks like things are improving.

Andrew

The problem I see with beta testing programmes is that by and large they are composed of experienced flight simmers whereas this product is ostensibly positioned for the "newbie". The more experienced simmer may unconsciously compensate for a products shortcomings without even knowing it.

I beta test for a couple of companies, non FS related, and I generally try to put myself in my 75 year old mothers shoes when I am testing :)

Hi Finn,

Nice on on the upcoming patch. You mention SP2 users have the issue with climb performance. Are you saying acceleration users should not see this problem

Also my major issue is with the N1 setting etc on takeoff with low acceleration speed meaning i run out of runway before Vr.

Regards

Darren

You should never run out of runway before Vr... on takeoff limited runways, you should not use FLEX... TOGA is what you should be setting... If that doesn't work, then the runway is too short for your TOW...

That said, there is an issue with the N1 speed. Regardless of CI set, I cannot get the engines to spool up to the commanded speeds as indicated on the display.

FLX/MCT/TOGA, never reach the thrust setting...

If the N1 is 95% at the entered CI, I should be getting pretty much 95% N1 on MAN FLEX takeoff... If TOGA is selected, I should be getting TOGA power (104 or whatever), and when I reduce to CL, there should be a drop in N1, as CLB thrust is never going to be greater or equal to FLX/MCT/TOGA...

Andrew

Regarding bugs not found during betatesting...

Please don´t flame the beta testers, they did a very good job on this project and constantly kept us in the fire :)

Some bugs were known before release, but they where regarded as rather small issues.

The slow climb issue was due to a difference in SP2 vs Acceleration engine modeling.

Since most testers was on acceleration they never had a real problem.

I can´t remember an addon, even small GA aircraft, that didn´t require a patch after release.

The more complex a aircraft is, the greater number of possible bugs will arise.

Beta testers are often rather experienced sim pilots and thus flies the aircraft within normal flight range, this can offcourse be a problem.

Using newbies as beta testers would be good, but on the other hand, as a developer, You simply don´t have the time to help them learn how to fly or understand certain systems.

I´m sure that even if we had postponed the release for another couple of month, new bugs would still have been found after release.

It´s not true to state hat we use customers as beta testers, it´s simply how You need to run such a project today, otherwise You will never get to a release.

And now talking Airbus simulation for FS(X) and why no highend Airbus 32x has been done to date....

I´m not an Airbus freak so my statement hear is not biased toward Airbus.

The real Airbus is a very complex aircraft, not comparable with any Boeing.

Alone the ECAM system is extremely complex, the real system not only telling what is wrong, but also how to fix, with checklists shown on the upper ECAM on how to fix.

All systems are more or less fully automatically.

Look closer on the Overhead and You will see that most buttons aren´t simple On/Off buttons, but Auto/Off buttons.

Everything is relayed to the ECAM system. System warnings, Cautions and failures will call up relevant pages.

The FBW system is also very complex and ontop of this the engine FADEC system.

FSX is not suited for this.

Infact all it offers are controls for a 4 engined GA aircraft.

Systems like hydraulic, Bleedair, Pressurisation are almost non existing in the FSX SDK.

All this must be custom coded and work automatically for the Airbus.

Other developers do that too for their addons, but on the Airbus their is simply alot more to code in order to make it automatic.

FSX knows nothing about FADEC systems, but rely solely on the Boeing style autothrottle system, where an actuator physically moves the throttle levers up and down.

The Airbus throttle levers don´t move with autothrottle active.

It also uses detends, but still adjust engine power if necessary. This is differnt to other addons with FADEC systems.

Autopilot in FSX only has options reflected by the Bendix king ie. Hdg, Nav, Alt, Appr, Loc and V/S.

The Boeing autopilot works very similar as the bendix king (The Boeing offcourse more complex).

The Airbus is very different using a totally different philosofy.

I think the tasks required to do a real highend Airbus addon has held a lot of developers away, though (as we clearly has seen) there is a great demand for an Airbus.

Question Yourself why none of the well known highend aircraft addon developers havn´t done an Airbus yet ?

The Wilco bus is, despite being regarded as a less good (wich is unfair), a very good simulation of the real Airbus.

Others has failed like Airliner XP and also the other one (wich I´m not allowed to mention by name).

FSLabs will do a more complex Airbus, wich definitly will be a more complex one than the Airbus X, but note ! - we have not seen how complex or complete it will be yet.

Don´t put You expectations too high, try to read into the real Airbus manuals and You will see how complex this really is.

I´m in no doubt that if we had done a Boeing 737NG isntead, we would have been finished for serveral month ago, with an addon that would be closer to the real thing than the Airbus X.

Closer to the real thing, cause it needs much less work to reach that on a Boeing.

I still want to emphasise that I´m not a diehard Airbus fan, i actually regard Boeing to be a Pilots plane, wheras the Airbus is regarded as a system operators plane.

Just my small input to the discussion.

Finn

• Upvote 1

Regarding bugs not found during betatesting...

Please don´t flame the beta testers, they did a very good job on this project and constantly kept us in the fire :)

Some bugs were known before release, but they where regarded as rather small issues.

The slow climb issue was due to a difference in SP2 vs Acceleration engine modeling.

Since most testers was on acceleration they never had a real problem.

I can´t remember an addon, even small GA aircraft, that didn´t require a patch after release.

The more complex a aircraft is, the greater number of possible bugs will arise.

Beta testers are often rather experienced sim pilots and thus flies the aircraft within normal flight range, this can offcourse be a problem.

Using newbies as beta testers would be good, but on the other hand, as a developer, You simply don´t have the time to help them learn how to fly or understand certain systems.

I´m sure that even if we had postponed the release for another couple of month, new bugs would still have been found after release.

It´s not true to state hat we use customers as beta testers, it´s simply how You need to run such a project today, otherwise You will never get to a release.

And now talking Airbus simulation for FS(X) and why no highend Airbus 32x has been done to date....

I´m not an Airbus freak so my statement hear is not biased toward Airbus.

The real Airbus is a very complex aircraft, not comparable with any Boeing.

Alone the ECAM system is extremely complex, the real system not only telling what is wrong, but also how to fix, with checklists shown on the upper ECAM on how to fix.

All systems are more or less fully automatically.

Look closer on the Overhead and You will see that most buttons aren´t simple On/Off buttons, but Auto/Off buttons.

Everything is relayed to the ECAM system. System warnings, Cautions and failures will call up relevant pages.

The FBW system is also very complex and ontop of this the engine FADEC system.

FSX is not suited for this.

Infact all it offers are controls for a 4 engined GA aircraft.

Systems like hydraulic, Bleedair, Pressurisation are almost non existing in the FSX SDK.

All this must be custom coded and work automatically for the Airbus.

Other developers do that too for their addons, but on the Airbus their is simply alot more to code in order to make it automatic.

FSX knows nothing about FADEC systems, but rely solely on the Boeing style autothrottle system, where an actuator physically moves the throttle levers up and down.

The Airbus throttle levers don´t move with autothrottle active.

It also uses detends, but still adjust engine power if necessary. This is differnt to other addons with FADEC systems.

Autopilot in FSX only has options reflected by the Bendix king ie. Hdg, Nav, Alt, Appr, Loc and V/S.

The Boeing autopilot works very similar as the bendix king (The Boeing offcourse more complex).

The Airbus is very different using a totally different philosofy.

I think the tasks required to do a real highend Airbus addon has held a lot of developers away, though (as we clearly has seen) there is a great demand for an Airbus.

Question Yourself why none of the well known highend aircraft addon developers havn´t done an Airbus yet ?

The Wilco bus is, despite being regarded as a less good (wich is unfair), a very good simulation of the real Airbus.

Others has failed like Airliner XP and also the other one (wich I´m not allowed to mention by name).

FSLabs will do a more complex Airbus, wich definitly will be a more complex one than the Airbus X, but note ! - we have not seen how complex or complete it will be yet.

Don´t put You expectations too high, try to read into the real Airbus manuals and You will see how complex this really is.

I´m in no doubt that if we had done a Boeing 737NG isntead, we would have been finished for serveral month ago, with an addon that would be closer to the real thing than the Airbus X.

Closer to the real thing, cause it needs much less work to reach that on a Boeing.

I still want to emphasise that I´m not a diehard Airbus fan, i actually regard Boeing to be a Pilots plane, wheras the Airbus is regarded as a system operators plane.

Just my small input to the discussion.

Finn

thanks for that info. if you get rid of the main bugs, climb, cruise and fbw at 100ft you made 95% of the bugsfor me. because you said there´s no other company that released a good airbus (let´s leave wilco outside) yet i really appreciate your work on that. it, although i might not sound like that sometimes. now if you take that chance and make a more advanced version in a couple of months just including waypoints with alt. and a little bit more complex fmc and cling and descent profile (sorry to say and including sid´s and stars :) ) you can be sure yours sells will be much better than they are already now. i have no idea but it can´t be soooooooo hard to add those features compared what you did until now.

... still Wilco managed to implement a nice FBW with responsive controls in manual mode....... well their VC and outside model is outdated but still.... you could have copy/paste (I mean ro-do one similar) their FBW instead of the default one !

...Are you saying acceleration users should not see this problem

Also my major issue is with the N1 setting etc on takeoff with low acceleration speed meaning i run out of runway before Vr....

I am using FSX+Accelaration pack. With a total weight ToW of 82.300 kg (fuel load 18.700 kg) the FMC tolds me, V1=155, Vr=160 and V2=162. With this ToW it is nearly impossible to start at airport EDDN, runway 28/10 with 2.694 meter length, because the runway is to short or the A321 to slow ;). Flex was 13°C but I used manual TOGA MAN and not FLEX.

Regards Joerg

Great news re SP1.

I've just purchased and am downloading now. Hopefully the FBW issues will be minimized/resolved soon. In any case AirbusX seems like a worthwhile product.

Please keep up the good support!

I am using FSX+Accelaration pack. With a total weight ToW of 82.300 kg (fuel load 18.700 kg) the FMC tolds me, V1=155, Vr=160 and V2=162. With this ToW it is nearly impossible to start at airport EDDN, runway 28/10 with 2.694 meter length, because the runway is to short or the A321 to slow ;). Flex was 13°C but I used manual TOGA MAN and not FLEX.

Regards Joerg

Joerg,

I just completed a takeoff on runway 28 at EDDN using the upcoming SP1. Using your above weights (entered via AirbusConnect Load Maanger) and TOGA MAN the computed v speeds in the MCDU were VR = 152, VR = 157 and V2 = 160. The time it took from brake release to rotation was 25 seconds and VR came at taxiway D. Things are getting better.

Bob

Joerg,

I just completed a takeoff on runway 28 at EDDN using the upcoming SP1. Using your above weights (entered via AirbusConnect Load Maanger) and TOGA MAN the computed v speeds in the MCDU were VR = 152, VR = 157 and V2 = 160. The time it took from brake release to rotation was 25 seconds and VR came at taxiway D. Things are getting better.

Bob

Hello Bob,

thanks for testing that :wub:, this sounds good for me. I used the A321 IAE (with Lufthansa livery), perhaps this makes also a difference.

Regards Joerg