Tips and Hints for a godd manually Landing.

Marcel G.

Greetings.

In my case autoland cat3 landings whit this BUS are almost very professional.TD rate 200fpm - 300fpm.

But the only way i can make a almost perfect landing this bird manually is to switch off the three (3) switches in the overhead wich ones disable complety the entire FBW system.

I know this is not Realistic to switch of FBW :blush:

But i am unable to land manually the BUS with FBW / ON (no trim effects) nose UP/DOWN on Final , little inputs to the joke are fatal going up / down it is very dificulty to maintain the glideslope.

If someone who have more experience with Flying the BUS in manually approach and manually landings,can post here some tips,trick,hints etc. :unsure:

Thanks in advance

[bLACK COMEDY]

Wait until the AirbusX gets a custom FBW package..

[/bLACK COMEDY]

No, seriously... Perhaps wait until the developers update us with their plan to improve the manual flight characteristics, particularly on final approach...

Andrew

• Developer

Let's check the fakts:

The FS FBW is activ above 100ft. In this area the FS is controlling the flight parameters (Bank/Pitch/Trim) internal, based on the stick settings.

At the point in approach, where you go below the 100ft limit, the FS switch to "normal" Contolls.

[speculation Mode on]

- In Approach, the trim is maybe in a positiv area (nose light up), handled internal by FBW Mode

- At the point, where it is giving the control to the "normal Mode" (100ft), the trim is 0, based on the "user control", so the plane is trimmed fast forward, Nose goes down.

Maybe, I have now idea if this is possible, it could be a solution to get a way to transfer the "internal pitch of the FBW Mode" to the "customer Mode" trim, so that there is no change in Trim at 100 ft and you don't get this "nose down" situation.

[/speculation Mode off]

Only to give a idea, maybe not possible to implement, maybe not a solution.

The good news is that we made some good progress fixing it today..

But I like to have the beta testers to test it.

Finn

Sounds great.

And btw if you need some additional betatesters. Here we are XD

• Upvote 1

Let's check the fakts:

The FS FBW is activ above 100ft. In this area the FS is controlling the flight parameters (Bank/Pitch/Trim) internal, based on the stick settings.

At the point in approach, where you go below the 100ft limit, the FS switch to "normal" Contolls.

[speculation Mode on]

- In Approach, the trim is maybe in a positiv area (nose light up), handled internal by FBW Mode

- At the point, where it is giving the control to the "normal Mode" (100ft), the trim is 0, based on the "user control", so the plane is trimmed fast forward, Nose goes down.

Maybe, I have now idea if this is possible, it could be a solution to get a way to transfer the "internal pitch of the FBW Mode" to the "customer Mode" trim, so that there is no change in Trim at 100 ft and you don't get this "nose down" situation.

[/speculation Mode off]

Only to give a idea, maybe not possible to implement, maybe not a solution.

There is a fix meant for the default A321 on avsim that helps with the nose drop. It works on the AirbusX A320 pretty good, at least it did for me. If you search avsim it wasn't hard to find.

*EDIT*

Search for "trimgauge.zip".

-Todd

There is a fix meant for the default A321 on avsim that helps with the nose drop. It works on the AirbusX A320 pretty good, at least it did for me. If you search avsim it wasn't hard to find.

*EDIT*

Search for "trimgauge.zip".

-Todd

thx, i will test this solution, but i hope that aerosoft find another one or they made her custom fbw, so they had planned it. ;)