Another Dillingham, HI Flight

sf4JC

Controlled glider tow, some slope soaring, then landing back at Dillingham. Everything used for the video is FREEWARE, other than buying FSX. Taken during local late afternoon and real-world weather conditions.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Scott - nicely done. Can you list the programs/addons that went into the movie? It looked like TrackIR, but I'm not sure what video recording software you used - it was good though. And I was impressed the way the tow plane moved around and I'm guessing that was CumulusX but not sure. Is your Dillingham from Aerosoft?

Cheers - B21

If I had better frame rates, I would definitely get Aerosoft's Dillingham, but I am using the default FSX version so as not to dampen frame rates too much. I have been trying out a freeware screen capturing program (Livestream Procaster) that works as a "LIVE" broadcaster in hopes that I could somehow "televise" events that I have not been able to bring about. But the program doesn't screencapture as good and as well as freeware Debut does.

I am using the freeware FreeTrack v2.2 for my head movement. The head gear that I use cost me something like $15 back then, but can be made much cheaper (or much more expensive as ones budget allows) today and the experience is priceless.

I am still using the freeware version of CumulusX!, so the towplane is controlled only through the use of buttons and controls on the flight equipment that I have using this procedure. I have since graduated to a much more intense flight system (Logitech G940) which is by no means free, but I had relatives that had really loved me and I decided that some of their generosity would go into some enjoyment in my life.

And the terrain mesh is freeware also, most of which I have gotten through Simviation's terrain mesh for FSX, and here for FS2004 / FS2002 / FS2000.

The aircraft is one of Wolfgang's many freeware found here and here, the Glaser-Dirks DG-202 (17m).

Scott

I forgot to mention the freeware movie editing software, Windows Movie Maker v2.6 and Windows LIVE Movie Maker. I would much rather use the 2.6 version, but it's unaccessability to some newer video formats hurts.

Scott

I also forgot to mention an important one for modifying the lighting, like around clouds is most noticable, it really brings the sim that much closer to being "alive" inside FSX/FS2004, the ENB series graphics is FREEWARE and one of those MUST HAVES that I don't want to live without anymore.

And one more thing, hope this is the last one, but the ocean/lake colors and effects were changed a long time ago with a freeware download. I'll have to look that one up, because that may be one of the lost files from AVSIM. It was freeware, but it only stayed in effect for a few minutes for me, so I think what I had to do was copy the files that had a change to them, and then reinstall them, I really don't recall right now.