CDU Scratchpad Issue

gergui

Hi! First off, this is a very exciting aircraft to fly, and the most realistic external model I've ever seen in Flight Simulator. You should see me with all my Airbus manuals and notes on standby while I do some base-training ^_^

I just recently started having a problem this morning though with the CDU's scratchpad entry area. It's completely stuck on "0.". I can't clear it or erase it or reset it. I can't enter anything in after that either. It was working just the other night too. Is this a known problem?

Hi! First off, this is a very exciting aircraft to fly, and the most realistic external model I've ever seen in Flight Simulator. You should see me with all my Airbus manuals and notes on standby while I do some base-training ^_^

I just recently started having a problem this morning though with the CDU's scratchpad entry area. It's completely stuck on "0.". I can't clear it or erase it or reset it. I can't enter anything in after that either. It was working just the other night too. Is this a known problem?

Has this occured since you updated to V1.11? This can happen is the GPSModule.dll doesn't unistall properly.

You will need to unistall Airbus X, then check in Microsoft Flight Simulator/Modules that the GPSModule.dll has been deleted and that the Airbus X folders have been removed from FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes.

In your equivalent of this path: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX you need to open the dll.xml file with notepad and delete the following entry:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

In the same folder you will find your fsx.cfg, again open using notepad and go to the 'Trusted' section and delete any entries that reference the GPSModule.dll.

Once you have done this you can reinstall and your problem should be solved. Hope that helps.

Chris

You don't need much time in the manuals to fly this one....It's pretty basic:o

What version are you using?

Try loading the default plane and then reload the airbus.

The reason this aircraft has been a learning curve for me isn't because of how in depth it's systems are, it's because I've been *all* Boeing for the past 9 years.

Has this occured since you updated to V1.11? This can happen is the GPSModule.dll doesn't unistall properly.

You will need to unistall Airbus X, then check in Microsoft Flight Simulator/Modules that the GPSModule.dll has been deleted and that the Airbus X folders have been removed from FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes.

In your equivalent of this path: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX you need to open the dll.xml file with notepad and delete the following entry:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

In the same folder you will find your fsx.cfg, again open using notepad and go to the 'Trusted' section and delete any entries that reference the GPSModule.dll.

Once you have done this you can reinstall and your problem should be solved. Hope that helps.

Chris

Hey Chris thanks that sounds like it'll work.

I've tried all this still haven't found a cure, will someone please help!

The only thing I've seen posted by someone that could be worth a try is to check your fsx.cfg for any Airbus X trusted section entries ending in -2 i.e.

I:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL.lbwiuntabqorzbabiaulhwhhhuelcqnbnkthreri=-2

If you see that change it to =2

Chris

Ok. Assuming you followed my steps exactly for uninstalling, can you now confirm that you have GPSModule.dll in your FSX/Modules folder. The entry for the GPSModule.dll in the dll.xml file and that there is an entry for the GPSModule.dll in your Trusted Section of the fsx.cfg.

Additionally have you tried loading up a default aircraft before Airbus X.

Chris

I've followed your instructions many times now. The GPSModule.dll is still in the modules folder after uninstalling, I cannot access the dll.XML file or edit. It shows in notepad but makes no sense! There are no references to Airbus X or GPSModule in the fsx.cfg after unistalling. And, no u haven't tried any other aircraft, I have however uninstalled all other add ons and restarted the pc, installed Airbus X and still get the error window about dll.xml, even after downloading the installer from a different server!

Ok. You say the GPSModule.dll is still in the modules folder after uninstalling?

It must be deleted before you reinstall.

Are you opening the dll.XML file by right clicking and choosing open with notepad?

Chris

Chris's dll.xml file method worked for me the first time. Did you try uninstalling, deleting the file, deleting the entries in dll.xml and fsx.cfg, THEN running the sim? You have to let FSX access and read the dll.xml file before reinstalling. I've had similar problems when installing 2 versions of FSUIPC back to back without running FSX first...

I'm beyond fed up! This is a great model but you just can't fly it without the use of the MCDU! I'm gutted. Why can't these add ons just work first time, I'm no computer engineer, why should u have to faff around in .XML and .cfg files to get something to work that has cost me money?!

I have

"C:\Users\Roger\appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\DLL_XML_Before_Airbus X_was_installed.xml"

and a

"C:\Users\Roger\appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll

No reference to GPSModule in either.

Do I keep both?

Just started at the beginning and very carefully have followed each step. Unfortunately this is not working, 3rd try,

Hopefully some more idea's soon. All I wanted to do is tune an ILS freq through the MCDU.

Super model, sure we can sort it.

• Aerosoft

Handling the DLL.XML is always hard for the installer, we had several products that need to have that and with all we have had these problems. There can be many many reason for that.

I suggest the following: if you see 0. in the MCDU scratchpad send your DLL.XML to support@aerosoft.com and we'll check it and add the lines needed for you and send it back.

Hi There,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have done a complete reinstall of FSX and started over. Airbus X installed perfectly and the MCDU is functioning correctly. It was as you suspected a damaged dll. file and nothing to do with Airbus X.

I am very impressed with the support you are offering to everybody here and love your products.

The only thing I cannot figure out now is in the external view the landing / taxi lights do not appear illuminated when switched on. A real shame if this is correct because no commercial aircraft is seen rolling down a runway with the lights off. It really takes away the realism for making video's / Screen's etc etc, Anything that could be done??????

Otherwise fantastic

Thankyou.

• Aerosoft

Good to see the problem is solved, thanks for letting me know.

The lights issue has been discussed a few times. We decided to use a new lighting systems that actually lights up object (so not like the fake lights of FSX). But this has the side effect you do not see a lot of light in the light fixtures. If you see however from the cockpit it is very effective and far more realistic then in any other aircraft.

All off

AllOff.jpg

Landing Lights on

LandingLights.jpg

Nose wheel light take off setting

NoseTakeoff.jpg

Nose wheel light taxi setting

NoseTaxi.jpg

Taxiway turn off lights

TaxiWayTurnOff.jpg

• 1 year later...