Ground Strobes?

Guest BoeingNgx

Guest BoeingNgx

any chance to get an update for the bus, to see the strobe effect on the ground? at night / late evening/early morning????

maybe even a littl bit bigger than on the shot?

would be epic!

post-27747-005570700 1284045322_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

Strobes are automatically turned off when on the ground I think it's normal.

I haven't checked yet, but if the "auto" position of the strobe light switch is modeled to the exterior, than you're right about no strobes on ground. According to volume 4 of the manual, under Exterman Lights (page 04-01-38 in the English manual for 1.11), all the way "on" should give you strobes on the ground. "Auto" should be the preferred position IRL, sitting near someone with their strobes on at night makes you think crazy things:angry: about harming them.:blush:

• Deputy Sheriffs

The strobe switch works as advertised, which is to say that strobes on the ground only work at the "on" position and not "auto." But you probably knew that, and the heart of your question is you want to see a big flash of light on the ground when the strobes fire.

I'm guessing here, but messing with the default lights, except for the landing lights, was debated during development (as dicussed on the forums at the time). Aerosoft focused on getting the lighting of the ground by the various landing lights just right. In that area, they did a supurb job IMHO. Seeing the kind of bright flash on the ground during daylight, as shown in you picture is simply not realistic, again IMHO based on 6,000 flight hours IRL. Night is of course a very different story. I hope this small bit of eye candy doesn't hurt your enjoyment of a pretty decent aircraft at this stage of development. Looking at the list of fixes for SP1, I doubt there will be anything more done on lighting.

But you can always hope the developers, who do watch these pages, do someting different.

• Aerosoft

any chance to get an update for the bus, to see the strobe effect on the ground? at night / late evening/early morning????

maybe even a littl bit bigger than on the shot?

would be epic!

post-27747-005570700 1284045322_thumb.jp

Sorry, we did experiment a lot with this but it never looked good enough to use.