For those who fly in Orbx PNW

tup61

EDIT

New map (only one, with all the relevant information) uploaded here in this topic:

For those who fly in Orbx PNW (part 2: one map to replace them all)

EDIT

New versions uploaded: KAST added. See post from September 13.

Since I have the Airbus X I am only interested in flying that one in PNW (which is the only region I fly in: luckily it's big enough for my short Airbus-hops!). This also means that I am also only interested in the airports that have ILS.

So I looked them all up (as far as I can tell) and made a pdf (A5 size) with all the relevant information from the FSX flight planner (at ICAO codes in alphabetical order).

Now I do not have to search anymore for airports that have ILS and I also don't have to open the FSX map anymore while flying (spoils the immersion and sometimes FSX locks up...) to figure out what the ILS code is for the assigned runway (amongst others). I printed them all on thick A4 paper, on a professional printer, and cut them back to the A5 size they are at, so now I've got myself some pretty nice cards! 'Charts-for-newbies', you could call them. tongue.gif

I thought that maybe some of you might be interested, so... here is the pdf!

(If I missed an PNW- airport that has ILS, please let me know!)

O, and btw, yesterday I took off and landed on the shortest runways that have ILS and all went fine. Not all airports do get Airbusses in real life, I think sleep.gif , but I don't like to land at the same airports all the time, so... I couldn't care less. biggrin.gif

Pdf removed: see post further down the page.

Hi J,

this is very nice. A good thing would to also have these airports represented on a single FTX PNW map ;-)

Thanks Greg

Yes, that's a good idea. I'll see what I can do. wink.gif

EDIT

Think I'll have a map by tomorrow. Then I also will add KOTH to the pdf: I just noticed I forgot that one. (Any more missing?)

EDIT

Just found another 9 airports! Which is nice because now you can fly all over PNW instead of just a bit in the middle.

Here is the new version of the pdf, now called PNW_airports_with_ILS_cards_A5.pdf (to make it more clear what it is happy.gif ). I've added 10 airports (and I checked with ilslist.com later on and I think I've got them all) and you can search for ICAO codes now.

I also made a map (called PNW_airports_with_ILS_map_A4.pdf) showing where the airports are located in PNW, so it will be easier to plan a flight to your liking without having to search all the airports in the FSX planner (you don't want to plan a flight only to find out the airports are lying next to each other!).

The map uses the ingame FSX flight planner map, so you shouldn't have any problems locating the airports in that same planner! (When you use another kind of map that may be quite hard to do.) The map can also be used to quickly see where all other airports are withing the PNW area, so you can also use it to plan a GA flight in the FSX planner without worrying if you are going to leave the PNW area.

I made this all to print for myself (I like things printed) but feel free to do with it whatever you want. ;)

PNW_airports_with_ILS_map_A4.pdf

Number of downloads: 77

PNW_airports_with_ILS_cards_A5.pdf

Number of downloads: 55

• Upvote 1

Here is the new version of the pdf, now called PNW_airports_with_ILS_cards_A5.pdf (to make it more clear what it is happy.gif ). I've added 10 airports (and I checked with ilslist.com later on and I think I've got them all) and you can search for ICAO codes now.

I also made a map (called PNW_airports_with_ILS_map_A4.pdf) showing where the airports are located in PNW, so it will be easier to plan a flight to your liking without having to search all the airports in the FSX planner (you don't want to plan a flight only to find out the airports are lying next to each other!).

The map uses the ingame FSX flight planner map, so you shouldn't have any problems locating the airports in that same planner! (When you use another kind of map that may be quite hard to do.) The map can also be used to quickly see where all other airports are withing the PNW area, so you can also use it to plan a GA flight in the FSX planner without worrying if you are going to leave the PNW area.

I made this all to print for myself (I like things printed) but feel free to do with it whatever you want. ;)

How about I make a text chart to go along with your map of PNW that has all the details.

Here is a start with the British Columbia airports. (using Excel)

post-27494-033814700 1284159082_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

How about I make a text chart to go along with your map of PNW that has all the details.

Here is a start with the British Columbia airports. (using Excel)

and here is the US part . . .

The microsoft excel files are here, oops, not allowed to upload excel files. Email me and I will send you the files.

RayM

post-27494-096553200 1284162885_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1