Aircraft movements in Andras Field

OleAndreasen

We are seeing interest for jet operations in Andras Field that forces rethinking of the regulations.

I have altered some of the original regulations for aircraft movements in AF.

As always, this is a community driven place, so post good ideas for changes.

1) All pets that could pose a danger to aircraft that taxi are prohibited (for example dogs - and rabbits!).

2) All helicopter landing in the airpark, except on the helicopterplots are forbidden without prior permission.

3a) Jet/turbine operations on the airfield (landings etc) for Jet aircraft up to 5.7 tons are allowed without prior announcement.

3b) Jet/turbine taxi is allowed for aircraft up to 5.7 tons, from 10.00 - 12.00 AM. and again from 2.00 - 6.00 PM.

3c) Jet/turbine taxiing in the airpark for Jet/turbine aircraft over 5.7 tons are forbidden in any case.

3d) Jet/turbine landing/takeoff in Andras Field, for Jet aircraft over 5.7 tons must be announced by posting in this thread, as early as possible prior to the operation.

4) It is prohibited to taxi after sunset and before sunup - 30 min. Please use one of the small tractors (or even electric carts) available on the field.

5) Aircraft have priority over vehicles. No exceptions!

6) Maximum speed for aircraft is 10 mph, for cars 15 mph. Regular checks are done for your own safety.

For landings in Jet/turbine aircraft over 5.7 tons - please announce it by replying to this post.

Snip

3b) Jet/turbine taxi is allowed for aircraft up to 5.7 tons, from 10.00 - 12.00 AM. and again from 2.00 - 6.00 PM.

Snip

Im confused :lol:

Are the timings 10am - 12am (Midnight) then 2pm - 6pm

Or as would seem to make more sense 10am - 12pm (noon) then 2pm - 6pm

Cheers

Matt

PS Whats the weight of a Hunter T7 :D

Edit: Just found out my Hunter T7 weighs nearly 7 tons unloaded :angry: May I have permission to land her on Saturday morning?

10:00 AM to 12:00 NOON. If it was midnight, the 2PM to 6PM would be redundant.

Sorry for the confusion.. :blush::wacko:

Bruce is correct. 10 AM and until NOON and again 2 PM to 6 PM :excl:

Thank you Bruce for clearing it up.^_^

Ok another questions come to mind regarding aircraft weights. Is there a weight limit on piston engined aircraft? For example the Wellington is 8 ish tons empty or even the B17 16 ish tons. Or would I reqiure permission to land them?

Cheers

Matt

Ok another questions come to mind regarding aircraft weights. Is there a weight limit on piston engined aircraft? For example the Wellington is 8 ish tons empty or even the B17 16 ish tons. Or would I reqiure permission to land them?

Cheers

Matt

No permission needed to land/take off in piston aircraft. Please do so.

Taxiing in the airpark - well size/wingspan limits the aircraft moving in the airpark, and as for weight limitations - I have to look into that.

Cool thanks Ole, I should imagine when I get to ferry them overthe Andras Field I shall possibly leave them on the airfield rather than the airpark. Is it ok for me to have a trip over in the Hunter T7 tomorrow?

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

What about general opening times of the airfield. We don't wan't to wake up at 3 AM by the sound of a prop landing or taking of :angry2_s:

Unless its powered by a RR Merlin or Griffon engine, they can wake me up any time :wub:

Good Evening All. I will be conducting a VATSIM test within the next 30 minutes. I may be flying in a 737-500. It will be to test the Cockpit display of my pay-ware Boeing and the addition of FSINN pilot client. If that doesn't work, then I will be trying to fly in a Citation X from ESDG. The same test. No passengers on either one.

If supplies need to be run, please let me know. I will be happy to run some for the field. Fuel, food, etc.