Question on FBW

Pao13

This question is for real A320 pilots : would you be so kind enough to confirm if it is normal that above 2-300 ft, the flight commands (because of FBW) become so unresponsive... Is the Aerosoft bus representation of FBW (more or less) like in real ? I find it very frustrating that when you wan to make a manual turn, that you feel the commands are not responding and you need to reall anticipate each of your joystick input much in advance...

Thanks for your feedback,

Greg

+1... and I have serious doubt it is in this Airbus X...... especially if it a copy/paste from the default one.... I am sure Microsoft, in its default A321 FBW implementation, surely did not aimed at giving a great user experience (handling of the aircraft....)... the good old commercial war BOEING vs. AIRBUS..... the Boeing logo is on FSX box...... ;-)

Aerosoft should have considered that.

This question is for real A320 pilots : would you be so kind enough to confirm if it is normal that above 2-300 ft, the flight commands (because of FBW) become so unresponsive... Is the Aerosoft bus representation of FBW (more or less) like in real ? I find it very frustrating that when you wan to make a manual turn, that you feel the commands are not responding and you need to reall anticipate each of your joystick input much in advance...

Thanks for your feedback,

Greg

in real:

FLARE MODE - exactly at 50 ft + 1 sec above the runway surface and landing gear is down , the fly-by-wire (or rather: the seven flight control computers 2 x FAC, 2 x ELAC, 3 x SEC) will turn off the Pitch Attitude (reducing it to 2Ā° nose down over a periode of 8 seconds), Load Factor, High speed protections. this menas that it takes gentle nose-up by the pilot to flare the aircraft. in addition, the three-axis control (normal law) is no supported by the flight control computers more. it is changed to the direct law: the pitch direct law is a direct stick-to-elevator relationship. but one I can assure you: the nose goes never down in that way like in FSX. I flew in a full simulator of the airbus a320. this is never happened during my many manual landings.as well, this is never happened with wilco airbus ;)

Its not real, but I guess is not a really easy task, I have to admit the other FS2004 Busdeveloper doo it a little better but no one is close to what is real.

FCOM 1.27.20 Flight Controls Normal Law

FLARE MODE

The flight mode changes to flare mode when the aircraft passes 50ft RA as it descends to land.

The system memorizes the attitude at 50 feet, and that attitude becomes the inital reference for pitch attitude control.

As the aircraft descends through 30 feet, the system begins to reduce the pitch attitude, reducing it to 2Ā° nose down over a period of 8 seconds. This means that it takes gentle nose up action by the pilot to flare the aircraft.

This is straight out of a real world FCOM... can't get more real world than that... there is NO change to DIRECT LAW, flare mode is part of NORMAL LAW...

So we should be seeing FLARE at 50' RA, followed by a slow nose down pitch to 2Ā° ND over 8 seconds (if we were to do nothing with the sidestick), which the pilot has to counteract with mild nose up input, then retard call at 20' RA...

Andrew

Yes we are using the default FBW system, wich isnĀ“t that bad.

We are in the process of fixing the nosedip at 100 ft with some positive result.

Finn

Yes we are using the default FBW system, wich isnĀ“t that bad.

We are in the process of fixing the nosedip at 100 ft with some positive result.

Finn

Finn,

If you could just add a bit of responsiveness in the manual FBW controls that would be a perfect product !! pleeeaaasse...

• 3 weeks later...

Finn,

If you could just add a bit of responsiveness in the manual FBW controls that would be a perfect product !! pleeeaaasse...

+1 to that. I don't know how a real Airbus handles but I guess it does not handle as sluggishly as the Airbus X. It is v difficult to fly approaches.

For me it feels sort of like how I would imagine a large passenger Ferry would handle. (unresponsive)

• Upvote 1