Orly X Performance

Influx

I was waiting for this scenery for a long time.

First of all, it seems to be a really nice job but, as Mega Airport CDG, performance are not there.

My computer is not any more the old fellow who accompanied me during my flights all these long years, as you can see on my signature.

When on FSDT LSGG (or wherever on complex sceneries) I am about 20/25 fps, with the same configuration I don't go further 7/9 fps on this new add-on.

I noticed the same type of problem on Mega Airport CDG with a poor 10/12 fps, but I thought it was because it's an "old add-on).

Those frames rate were all notified with Airbus X but also with basic planes. With no scenery : 30 fps.

What's wrong with that ?

Any idea ?

Thanks for your replies !

Marc

• Upvote 2

Hello,

due to the high scenery density of this scenery it is possible to get low frame rates on old and slow computers. If the suggested

settings in this manual are still hard on your system, try turning down the Autogen and Scenery complexity. Please note that bloom, lighting,

3D-clouds, water effects, ground- and aircraft shadows require a lot of performance.

Turning down some of the options can increase your frame rate. Because of the high scenery density of this scenery Autogen can leave

some spaces open depending on your systems performance. Not every single building has been placed on its spot of the aerial image to save

some performance.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your answers.

As I said my computer is not really an antic :

Antec Dark Force 85 with Gigabyte X58A-UD7 mainboard

Core I7 960 at 4.2 ghZ

16 Go of memory

2 X 160Go Intel SSD HDD (one for the system one for FSX)

2 X 1,5 To Sata3 HDD (for development)

2 X 5870 with CrossfireX using ATI_CF_Xtension.

Windows 7 x64,

FSX with Acc. pack and some (a lot of) add-on : A great number of Aerosoft, France VFR, FSDreamTeam, REX 2(which increased my frame rate) and so on.

Optimized with Jesus Altuve tweaks for normal flights

Microsoft performance : 7.8

I'll try to change settings but as I use also tweakfps (for fast tweak), I didn't see a real evolution by changing parameters on MA CDG before Orly installation...

I'm still looking for a solution as such a computer should give better frame rate at my point of view.

I'm wrong somewhere but don't know where !

Those 2 sceneries are my must, I love them ! :rolleyes:

Kind regards

Marc

• Upvote 1

Hello Marc,

I believe a lot of people get mislead into thinking the bigger the better with computers.

It depends on what the software itself is capable of and it it cant use all that ram etc then having 4 Gigs or 24 Gigs wont make a difference, nor if it cant use Crossfire or SLI,

But I have to say 10-12 is a little slow.

Can you disable Crossfire so it only utilises one card.

• Upvote 1

Hi Shaun,

First of all thanks for your answer...

In fact this computer is not only for games as I've got an expertise company in computing development and network management and administration (since 18 years now)...

Flying is one of my hobbies as a lot of people.

I did try to disable Crossfire with the same result or a little bit slower, but not significant.

Memory, as processor and so on, are used in huge processes witch do need such performances.

It's only a + for using FSX :rolleyes:

I noticed that performances look different just after a computer restart, a few Fps higher, but actually it's between 7 to 9, not really flyable (interesting expression).

I'm still searching where the problem should be, as, as I've talk about those problems with a few flying friends, those performances seem to be "a little slow" as you say, but a big little.

I don't really understand.

Marc

PS : For information FSDT LSGG(Geneva) work at 25/30 fps at the same time, with the same plane

Hi,

Yes I do have FranceVFR Sceneries (All of them) but with or without them activated, same problem (I've tried one by one).

Regarding Mega Orly files, I've excluded (renamed) all the files regarding LFPO in all the other directories.

I've tried with Crossfire deactivated nothing new...

Actually 12 fps with Aerosoft Bus at the gate A3, it's the best I reached (less when taxiing)!

Marc

Hello,

please tried out "Scene density = DENSE or NORMAL" and "autogenous density NORMAL or SPARSE".

i am sorry but tell me WHY ANYONE should do ANYTHING with their flight simulator settings if your scenery is BAD!

and EVERYBODY knows about it! and i am sure including you.

guys on the french and russian forums have THE SAME isuues with Orly and a lot of people are reversing to the 2005 payware.

as far as i can see you didn't even bother to do the LODs normally. when you are 10 miles away from the scenery and you zoom you can see ALL OF THE OBJECTS ALREADY DRAWN AND PRESENT despite that they need to do that step-by-step at a closer approach.

and please stop convincing everyone that it is not the scenery problem and that it is an anomaly. the scenerely is CRAP and until you remake ik you will have plenty of money backs and no customers.

• Upvote 2

Hello,

please tried out "Scene density = DENSE or NORMAL" and "autogenous density NORMAL or SPARSE".

Hi hope you guys will find another solution than reducing options in FSX... I didn't pay for a scenery that I can't use for the moment.

And about the answer of Rainer on the other forum, if someone is "angry" about that, he has the right to "make noise" now and not in the future months as he already paid ... This is my point of view.

Regards

Hi everybody,

Regarding the performance problem, after some adjustments in my fsx.cfg (some more tweaks based on Jesus Altuve experience) I got some more fps on that scenery (nearly double).

Some troubles stay, for example when arriving on Runway 6, fps dramatically fall from 15 to 8 fps, but on the airport itself, with normal traffic I get 15 to 17 fps.

If I take off, fps stay at 8 to 10 fps and only a few miles from the airport increase at a "normal rate".

Another evidence?

Marc

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Regarding the performance problem, after some adjustments in my fsx.cfg (some more tweaks based on Jesus Altuve experience) I got some more fps on that scenery (nearly double).

Some troubles stay, for example when arriving on Runway 6, fps dramatically fall from 15 to 8 fps, but on the airport itself, with normal traffic I get 15 to 17 fps.

If I take off, fps stay at 8 to 10 fps and only a few miles from the airport increase at a "normal rate".

Another evidence?

Marc

Just found something regarding this problem...

I've noticed that everywhere my fps were dramatically decreasing there was Chimneys with smoke in the background.

As I didn't know from which add-on those Chimneys were, I disabled one after the other all the sceneries regarding Paris (FranceVFR), finally just leaving Orly X.

(The last one was "Nextmesh France").

Heading Runway 6 : 15 fps !

I enabled then all those sceneries back and... no more Chimneys, no more smoke... and fps between 14 to 17 fps with normal traffic, almost everywhere.

I don't really understand from what those :blink: Chimneys came but that was a part of my problem.

Marc