Marrying the Airbus X to an A330 frame

WTE_Pharoah

hi all

I love the look of the new Airbus X (well done Aerosoft). Now, I know the airbus x has only been out for 5 minutes but I thought I'd raise the question - until we get an official A330, is it possible to marry the A320 cockpit and systems to an A330 frame (say from Wilco, CLS or POSKY)? I know its not easy and I don't have any skills in this regard, however I thought I'd just pose the question.

I know they do it with POSKY/CLS/WILCO a/c but they're obviously not as advanced as the Aerosoft one.

Anyway, just a simple question.

Cheers

Pharoah

hi all

I love the look of the new Airbus X (well done Aerosoft). Now, I know the airbus x has only been out for 5 minutes but I thought I'd raise the question - until we get an official A330, is it possible to marry the A320 cockpit and systems to an A330 frame (say from Wilco, CLS or POSKY)? I know its not easy and I don't have any skills in this regard, however I thought I'd just pose the question.

I know they do it with POSKY/CLS/WILCO a/c but they're obviously not as advanced as the Aerosoft one.

Anyway, just a simple question.

Cheers

Pharoah

I was actually looking for a way to merge it with the PA A319 and A318. If you wanted to use it with an A330, the freeware Thomas Ruth model would be the one to check out because it is the only FSX native A330 model that I am aware of. The key is to have separate interior and exterior .mdls.

Someone did try to merge it with the PA A319 at AVSIM and said it didn't work. I sounded like there was some sort of security feature or something that prevented it from displaying. I have been able to merge those with the default A321 VC so I plan to check it out for myself when I get a chance. Either way, I am sure you would have performance issues due to the complexity of the Aerosoft product and may have to edit the aircraft.cfg.