Screenshot competition (september)

Tyrion

Ok guys,

It's a little quiet on the glider field of things here!

Therefore, I've decided to host a small screenshot competition here!

No prizes to win, that's what Aerosoft's own competition is for.

Here, it's just for fun and honours!

A few rules to make it all go well

1) Gliders only, but no limitations on what glider you fly (fsx DG808, Aerosoft Discus, freeware... you choose, as long as it's a glider!)

2) On, above or in the neighbourhood of Andras Field please! It's great area for gliding, with lots of screenshot opportunities, so that shouldn't be hard!

3) Just post your shots in this topic, or attach them to your post.

4) no editing is allowed, except for cropping and resizing

5) upload as jpg's please (no bmp's), not everybody has lightning fast internet connections or pc's.

6) Only one screenshot per member

Competition runs to the end of the month (which is September 30th obviously) and let's use UTC to make it easy.

That's all for now, enjoy!! Let's get some action in this Glider Association!

I'll kick it off as well!!

Obviously I'm out for the win, as I'm the host here lol,

but I'll share this one anyway...

Me hugging the mountains east of Andras Field in the Discus BM.

post-27881-069178200 1283990562_thumb.jp

OK - I'll join in the fun, then.

This is me in the Discus B catching the very last light of the day. Time to call a halt and head to the bar ...

Ooh, this one reminds me of some real life sunset flights I've done in a Ka-8b... there's nothing more relaxing in the entire world than a sunset flight in a glider... as long as you're wearing sunglasses that is :lol:

very nice screenshot!!

Keep them coming guys!!

OK - I'll join in the fun, then.

This is me in the Discus B catching the very last light of the day. Time to call a halt and head to the bar ...

If you look at the procedures for gliders - also in this subforum - you will see that you are violating half a dozen rules....:mellow:

UNless of course you got permission from the tower - and they forgot to inform me. :D

If you look at the procedures for gliders - also in this subforum - you will see that you are violating half a dozen rules....:mellow:

UNless of course you got permission from the tower - and they forgot to inform me. :D

Well well, the big chief has something to say lol :D

I think I wrote those rules, and I think they say: 'Unless cleared to do so by Andras Tower'

Did you check whether he got permission to cross the runway, before jumping to conclusions Ole??

Ok, enough nitpicking on rules!!

Let's get this back on topic lol! :D

Guys - I thought this was meant to be a bit of fun?

Well if this is your attempt to draw people in, I'm afraid it's failed for me. You ask for screen shots and then suddenly there's all this nonsense about banning mine because I'm flying where I'm not supposed to - it's a sim, for goodness sake!!!

Off to find friendlier places ... that's my last post here.

• Upvote 1

Guys - I thought this was meant to be a bit of fun?

Well if this is your attempt to draw people in, I'm afraid it's failed for me. You ask for screen shots and then suddenly there's all this nonsense about banning mine because I'm flying where I'm not supposed to - it's a sim, for goodness sake!!!

Off to find friendlier places ... that's my last post here.

hjcurtis

I hope I can still catch you before you leave for good. Would be a shame.:o

Im sorry if you considered this problematical. Thing is: This project is the first of its kind, and well its more of a kind of roleplaying thing for FSX (Im probably gonna get lynched now - but thats how I feel about it) :blink:

So we need to "play the game" Perform according to the rules of the game. The rules of the glider base is stated in this sub-forum. :excl:

But noone is going to ban your screenshot (and its a great screenshot btw) It was "just" a user getting a little too competitive I guess. Lars "Tyrion" is the glider boss, and he alone decides excluding screenshots, and I can read from his replies that he likes yours. ;)

I am the Airport Director and responsible for all aircraft movement over - and in - Andras Field, and as such I simply pointed out that rules for flying exists and that they werent followed. :o

So please reconsider, and stay here. it IS a lot of fun - really. But at the same time - try to consider this as real as anything. While we are here - it IS real - at least thats the way I look at it. :)

Sorry to say this, but hjcurtis has posted the best picture (technically speaking) in this thread so far.

To get good screen shots, aviation rules are sometimes broken. People may not like it, but the resulting quality of the screen shots must, at the end of the day, justify it.

Now it's upto the rest of you glider pilots to post something better.

Disclaimer: These views are my own personal opinion (which you can't change, alter or complain about), and are in no way connected with anyone running, or posting on this forum tongue.gif

• Upvote 1

Calypso Glider :lol: "I told you we should have bought more than 100EU of fuel!...good thing we are over a big lake"

Haha, not quite what I had in mind with 'gliders' but it sure is funny :lol:

Thanks for posting!

Here is my attempt (wrong pattern and a bit close to the clouds probably):

(It might look a little odd, I just added VFR Germany again to the library and only noticed after taking the shot that it was higher priority than the airfield.)

This may be a silly question:

Given the existing presense of an "Andras Field - Screenshots" subforum, why is everyone seeking to initiate sub-sub screenshot forums (first for Glider Screenshots, and now for Seaplane Screenshots)? What is next- a sub-sub-sub screenshot forum for glider screenshots of gliders from specific manufacturers or for fixed-wing aircraft screenshots for airplanes with more than one engine versus single-engine, and then separate sub-sub-sub forums for low-wing airplanes and high-wing planes, respectively?

The intent of the Andras venture was to create a community, not to create merely a foundation for a set of fragmented mini-communities, although there may be some here who disagree. I do not see the advantage of a screenshot sub-sub forum for a glider "clique" or a sub-sub forum for a seaplane "group". C'mon folks, we are *all* members of a wonderful *common* community/group...Andras Field(!); let's not begin to sow the seeds of fragmentation & fracture.

In my view, Andras Field screenshots are Andras Field screenshots, regardless of the aircraft, and they all belong in the AFS sub-forum (just as is the similar case at many other sim sites)...but, that is just my $0.02.

It is beginning to get to the point that one is not to know where to look to view [all] screenshots. It is beginning to appear that the last place one should probably look for [all] screenshots is in the "Andras Field - Screenshots" sub-forum lol. B)

This may be a silly question:

Given the existing presense of an "Andras Field - Screenshots" subforum, why is everyone seeking to initiate sub-sub screenshot forums (first for Glider Screenshots, and now for Seaplane Screenshots)? What is next- a sub-sub-sub screenshot forum for glider screenshots of gliders from specific manufacturers or for fixed-wing aircraft screenshots for airplanes with more than one engine versus single-engine, and then separate sub-sub-sub forums for low-wing airplanes and high-wing planes, respectively?

The intent of the Andras venture was to create a community, not to create merely a foundation for a set of fragmented mini-communities, although there may be some here who disagree. I do not see the advantage of a screenshot sub-sub forum for a glider "clique" or a sub-sub forum for a seaplane "group". C'mon folks, we are *all* members of a wonderful *common* community/group...Andras Field(!); let's not begin to sow the seeds of fragmentation & fracture.

In my view, Andras Field screenshots are Andras Field screenshots, regardless of the aircraft, and they all belong in the AFS sub-forum (just as is the similar case at many other sim sites)...but, that is just my $0.02.

It is beginning to get to the point that one is not to know where to look to view [all] screenshots. It is beginning to appear that the last place one should probably look for [all] screenshots is in the "Andras Field - Screenshots" sub-forum lol. B)

Valid points,

but note that this is not a topic for general AF glider screenshots,

but a specific glider screenshot competition (with 1 screenshot per poster, not more).

I do agree, post your other screenshots in the screenshots subforum.

The reason why I started this competition, like I clearly stated in the first post, is to get some activity in the glider section.

Ok guys, the results:

In second place, ManuelL with his aerobatics in the clouds.

The winner of this little screenshot competition is Hjcurtis, with his gorgeous sunset shot.

No prizes to win here, as said at the start of this topic,

but all who entered have my gratitude (now, isn't that an awesome prize lol :P)! Thanks for sharing guys!

post-27881-010362200 1285970035_thumb.jp

post-27881-004931600 1285970042_thumb.jp