Amsterdam Airport Runway 18 Taxiway

djandywood

Hi there,

I've just landed at Amsterdam using runway 18 and when taxiing back along the taxi way there are a number of buildings and trees going across it. I've just updated with the new update for FS2004.

Also when using the GPS system to monitor approach there are a number of runway numbers missing and it just says "ILS" and I couldn't select ILS 18.

Thanks

Andy

Perhaps he is referring to this new version.

By the way, there's no runway 18 at EHAM. Only 18L, 18C, and 18R. Apart from a proper Afcad, you also need updated approaches. Default FS9 only knows 19L and 19R and so on. You can get an updated file from the Avsim Library. That should fix one issue you're having.

;)

Hi guys, yes it was update 1.13. I landed on 18R (according to my version) and going along the taxiway there were trees and buildings across it. I've just gone back now to double check and wierdly the buildings and trees aren't there now. Last time I did land at night when the trees and buildings were these, so not sure if that has something to do with it? I will fly in later on today and see what happens.

In regards to AFCAD, so these sceneries don't come with correct AFCADS? For example I have Manchester Airport, and it is always telling me to land on 24L (which is runway 2), this never happens and it does my head in. So would an AFCAD correct that?

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andy,

Without the AFCAD it would use the default AFDS file that comes with the sim itself.3rd party sceneries normally come with there AFCADs unless the scenery is compatible with the default AFD file. A problem that often arises though is if you have an AI Traffic program which installs its own AFCAD files for airports as these sometimes can take priority over the newly installed scenery and things are all out of place like aircraft etc. These however can be disabled by meerly changing the file extension from bgl to bgx and then they dont load giving what to the 3rd party sceneries afcad file.

Hi guys, yes it was update 1.13. I landed on 18R (according to my version) and going along the taxiway there were trees and buildings across it. I've just gone back now to double check and wierdly the buildings and trees aren't there now. Last time I did land at night when the trees and buildings were these, so not sure if that has something to do with it? I will fly in later on today and see what happens.

In regards to AFCAD, so these sceneries don't come with correct AFCADS? For example I have Manchester Airport, and it is always telling me to land on 24L (which is runway 2), this never happens and it does my head in. So would an AFCAD correct that?

Thanks

Andy

Andy, I didn't say they don't come with correct Afcads. For EHAM in particular, they all need to have the new designations in there, so 18's and 36's. For them to work with the updated approaches I linked you to.

As for EGCC, that's a whole nother story, again, redesignations, so one would need an approach file, but correct behavior cannot be replicated in one Afcad, you need two, one for the NE direction and one for the SW direction.

Good use of good Afcads (and approach files) can make a big difference. Unfortunately, it does require some knowledge and a bit of work.