V1.11 CLB/CRZ Performance

SpeedbirdCraig

Well...The sanity checks failed, complete re-install with Bob's method and the problems still exist.

I’m now thinking this is probably a compatibility issue.

What controllers are you guys that are having this issue using? Also how and with what have you mapped them? (Especially Z Axis)

Your feedback would be appreciated...

Some other questions to this issue. I downloaded a version of AirWrench here http://www.mudpond.org/.

This program reads out the .air-file of an aircraft and the aircraft.cfg. Now I took a look at the air-file of the A320 from Aerosoft. See my picture below attached.

On the first side it gives you estimated performances, which in the case of the Aerosoft AirbusX A320 shows mach.72 at FL300, whereas all other aircraft I own (I attached pictures of the Wilco B733 and the Feelthere Embraer E190 as examples) show a quite higher value.

Examining further I noticed that the air-file installed with the version 1.11 dated from 02.09.2010 6:00, the same date the first version showed too. The corresponding aircraft.cfg has a newer date, 07.09.2010 21:56. So the aircraft.cfg has changed, but the air-file not, at least not on my system. Not knowing much of programming flight dynamics, but I know, that you can change some flight dynamics only by changing the air-file (e.g. Alexander Metzger did for some aircraft), otherwise it would be easy to change flight dynamics only by altering some settings in the aircraft.cfg, which is easily done by any text editor.

So I may ask, how has Aerosoft been able to change flight dynamics without programming a new air-file?

EDIT: As this question may arouse, I de-installed and installed every time by shutting down! (not only stopping) my antivirus software, which is Kaspersky.

Ralf that program looks awesome and extremely useful. Is it at all possible to edit the air file in that program? (without distributing it. please don't hurt me aerosoft!)

Well...The sanity checks failed, complete re-install with Bob's method and the problems still exist.

I'm now thinking this is probably a compatibility issue.

What controllers are you guys that are having this issue using? Also how and with what have you mapped them? (Especially Z Axis)

Your feedback would be appreciated...

i think the same...i use a brand new saitek x52 pro with the newest driver...

I'm just using a thrustmaster t flight hotas x; throttle seams fine as n1 values are high; I'm wondering if it has to with dx 10? No FUIPC; just fsx to control. I guess I could try a dx 9 flight that means I loose 10 fps!!

I am cruising at FL320 Speed selected is Mach .80 and I am achieving Mach .801 so all good on my side with V1.11 in the Fly Niki A320.

I am having a 25 knot crosswind.

Note the throttle is in CLB detent.

Wonder why you guys have such a problem...

Yes, it is able to edit air-files, but then you have to pay about 20 US-Dollars via PayPal, the non-edit version is free. I did not buy this program (too lazy to learn :D ) Just have a look at the website I posted, there you will also find the purchase conditions and instructions.

Ahh..well it seems worth the price and then some. I could just fine tune the flight model to the way I like it then. I'll give the free version a try.

Hey,

I'm using a Saitek Pro flight yoke system with external throttle module regularly mapped through FSX and the latest DirectX version which is 11. No Axis is configured through FSUIPC although I have the registered version. Also. you don't need to buy that program to edit the .air file but instead just download AIRED from Avsim for free and you can make all the changes in the world (make sure you know what you're doing tho) and save them.

Clearly this is happening for some users and not for other "lucky" ones. I've been simming for 15 years and use to work as a Beta tester for another Company that it's been working on a Bus for quite some time now.I have quite a bit of knowledge when it comes down to FS and I don't seriously think that this is a Joystick problem. I'm pretty sure that it's not within the Air file either. My best guess is that an overall configuration e/o harwdare/driver setting, alias user specific setup, is the source of the problem that affect the Bus performance. Don't forget that it takes just one single file (DLL's mostly) in order to cause all this. Maybe some other "common" add on installed or some external software, or utility installed on those system is causing the issue. After reading a whole lot about this subject, I'm more and more convinced that it is definitely a compatibility issue and if I'm right, unless we find what the origin of the problem is, nothing is going to make it better. I will bet you anything that if you would take the time (not saying you have to actually do it....) to start a fresh install of windows, install FSX and the needed SP's and install the BusX right after, you'll have a perfectly working aircraft starting from version 1.00 (performance wise). Now, if this is right, it's going to take a lot of time and a lot of tests in order to determine what file/s is causing the compatibility problem because there's an unlimited number of possible configurations out there.

To avoid miss understandings, I'm not talking about the Climb Phase, which is been slow for everybody starting from V1.00 and can surely be treated and solved with some Air file modifications but instead about the Cruise Phase speed performance issue that changes on a per user basis and doesn't get better with the updates (when instead the Climb Phase does).

I'm confident the Aerosoft Team is looking into it as we speak and it's in their best interest to solve this problem asap in order to move on and have more time to actually make improvements. Until then the only thing we can do is reporting back with as mcuh details as possible about the pre-existing system conditions (hardware & software specs) in order to try to help them find some common similarities.

Thought I would share my two cents in regard to this concern........

Will

• Upvote 2

That's awesome Ralf and I'm glad I was able to comfort you a little. I'm sorry you have to go through a fresh install but it's going to be a good test in order to see if we're looking into the right direction. Please, keep us posted......

Cheers

Will

That's awesome Ralf and I'm glad I was able to comfort you a little. I'm sorry you have to go through a fresh install but it's going to be a good test in order to see if we're looking into the right direction. Please, keep us posted......

Cheers

Will

also thanks from me, at least one peron who is giving a feedback although you are not from the aersoft team...speaking about aerosoft...hello? this thread is now 4 pages...any comment from you guys?

Thanks William and Ralf for doing this...I have the .70 issue...so will be checking back on just this one....in the meantime..i wont stare at the speed guage or just pretend there is a big head wind!!:lol:

Thanks William and Ralf for doing this...I have the .70 issue...so will be checking back on just this one....in the meantime..i wont stare at the speed guage or just pretend there is a big head wind!!:lol:

I'm pretending it's 2050, and the earth is very hot and humid :)

We found te culprit for slow climb performance.

This seems to affect SP2 users only (No acceleration pack).

Alos the nosedip during manual landing might have been fixed, but I need some poitive feedback from the beta testers before I raise my arms.

We are working hard on SP1...

Finn

We found te culprit for slow climb performance.

This seems to affect SP2 users only (No acceleration pack).

Alos the nosedip during manual landing might have been fixed, but I need some poitive feedback from the beta testers before I raise my arms.

We are working hard on SP1...

Finn

cool, it seems the plane will finally not be an airbug x anymore...thanks for the update and i hope it will solve the 3 main problems (cruise,climb,nose drift at100ft)

It's possible that its not so much an issue with SP2 but rather a problem with a corrupt install of simconnect, or do you not use simconnect for these problematic features Finn?

Ahh..well it seems worth the price and then some. I could just fine tune the flight model to the way I like it then. I'll give the free version a try.

High lqcorsa

I think that Airwrench is an awsome tool to verify the aerodynamic behaviour of your FS9 and FSX airfiles without flying it in the simulator. However it

is not meant to be an airfile tweak tool (Airfile Editor). It can show you the results in aerodynamic behaviour if you have changed respective parameters

in the airfile with the help of airfile editors. So if you are not already aquainted with the use of these you should save your money and stay with the free copy of Airwrench. BTW there are terms of use issues related to the use of the registered version of Airwrench.

Joachim

Hey Finn, thanks for the update.

Sorry to say that I'm one of those users using Acceleration Pack and the slow climb is the only major issue that affects me......

Cheers

Will

I've just tested SP1 as it currently stands (I'm not using Acc, only SP2) however the climb performance and cruise speed is perfect now in my view. Hopefully it will yield the same performance for you.

Chris

I use FSX deluxe with sp2 and no execl pack and fly in dx 10 and can't get over mach .70 in cruise....all other aspects of flight are fine just cruise which has been slow from the start.

Here's my experience after a clean installation:

Win7 64 Bit and FSX SP2+ASE

Climbe issue improved but cannot reach 0.78 in cruise and dureing climb no more than 0.68; it's rather unrealistic to fly for all the time at max climb speed.

Dureing landing with full autoland sudden pitch with AUTOLAND light flashing and impact on the ground.

Trying to land manually took the the plane to pitch nose down suddenly when disconnecting autopilot

No A/THR disconnect sound.

I always fly with the minimum required fuel.

FD on the PFD issue as already written.

No FD indicating when to pull the stick for take off

Impossible to follow FD to perform any manouvre because off the non correct flight path and attitude indicated.

FLEX TO available but at 300ft the engines automatically reach TOGA thrust

Impossible to manually input by levers move TOGA dureing flight

After 1.11 speedbrakes do not retract completely in flight when retracted by axis move, only by pushing the designated keyboard key.

The Air conditioning sound should disappear when starting engines as the airbleed is used to start engines.

• Upvote 1

Here's my experience after a clean installation:

Win7 64 Bit and FSX SP2+ASE

Climbe issue improved but cannot reach 0.78 in cruise and dureing climb no more than 0.68; it's rather unrealistic to fly for all the time at max climb speed.

Dureing landing with full autoland sudden pitch with AUTOLAND light flashing and impact on the ground.

Trying to land manually took the the plane to pitch nose down suddenly when disconnecting autopilot

No A/THR disconnect sound.

I always fly with the minimum required fuel.

FD on the PFD issue as already written.

No FD indicating when to pull the stick for take off

Impossible to follow FD to perform any manouvre because off the non correct flight path and attitude indicated.

FLEX TO available but at 300ft the engines automatically reach TOGA thrust

Impossible to manually input by levers move TOGA dureing flight

After 1.11 speedbrakes do not retract completely in flight when retracted by axis move, only by pushing the designated keyboard key.

The Air conditioning sound should disappear when starting engines as the airbleed is used to start engines.

Good list. Here's my feedback. FSX + Acceleration. Climb and cruise fine, latter at .78. Autoland fine. Where it fails for me is descent. Engines turning way too fast, unreliable automatic descent at TD. I also don't like hand-flying above 100 feet. I had never flown the default bus before so I decided to compare. The two are quite similar. Both have the same slowness and lag above 100 feet. Right now seems like getting rid of FBW altogether is the best interim solution. Or just not hand-flying :-(

I can say it is definitely an issue of Acceleration or not. I had the poor climb, cruise under 0.70. I happened to have ordered a new copy of Acceleration off of EBay that arrrived yesterday. After installation, voila, 0.78 cruise with no issues. Climb was better, still seemed a bit slow at the top, but, I reached my TOC point on my flight about 30 miles past where FSBuild had predicted, so it is close.

Joe