V1.11 CLB/CRZ Performance

SpeedbirdCraig

I know you have already uninstalled V1.0 and the hotfixes, but I know V1.11 corrects install errors and even though I ran the Windows uninstall program I manually deleted the entries from the DLL.xml and FSX.cfg files, and all associated files in the Modules and Simobjects-Airplane folders to enusre all files were removed. I then rebooted the Pc and then installed V1.11 and then rebooted the PC again, then I launched FSX.

Bob

Thanks guys for taking the time to test; the above seems highly complicated...will windows uninstall do it; if not if someone can give step by step instuctions of the above I would appeirate it!! Have no idea about dll xml's etc...

Simon

Thanks guys for taking the time to test; the above seems highly complicated...will windows uninstall do it; if not if someone can give step by step instuctions of the above I would appeirate it!! Have no idea about dll xml's etc...

Simon

Run the Windows uninstall for the Aerosoft Airbus X then do the below

FSX during install creates 2 files it uses. Since I'm using Windows 7 I will be referencing the paths where my files are located. If you cannot find them do a search of your harddrive for dll.xml and fsx.cfg.

C:\users\bob\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\

Open the DLL.xml file using Notepad and look for the below entries, if they are there delete the entire listed block from <Launch.Addon> thru to and including </Launch.Addon>. If the entry is not in the file, just close it.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

Open the FSX.CFG file and delete the below listed entries from the [Trusted] section, again if these entries are not listed just close the file.

D:\FSX\Modules\GPSModule.dll

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL.

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

At the end of each of the above files will be a string of letters and numbers ( I did not list mine), they are to be deleted as well.

2. Go to the FSX directory and delete the following folders/files -

Folders =

2.1 delete the Airbus X folder that is listed in the Aerosoft folder.

2.2 delete the 5 Aerosoft Airbus X folders listed under the SimObjects - Airplanes folder

2.3 delete the GPSModule.dll file from the Modules folder

3. Reboot the PC

4. Reinstall the Aerosoft Airbus X V1.11

5. Reboot the PC

6. Start flying.

Bob

Thank you for your input Bob, I will try another reinstall tommorow and report back. I will follow exactly what you have done, for the sake of a sanity check..

Sorry Craig. Not sure why you're seeing different performance other then a file was not removed or overwritten.

Bob

Run the Windows uninstall for the Aerosoft Airbus X then do the below

FSX during install creates 2 files it uses. Since I'm using Windows 7 I will be referencing the paths where my files are located. If you cannot find them do a search of your harddrive for dll.xml and fsx.cfg.

C:\users\bob\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\

Open the DLL.xml file using Notepad and look for the below entries, if they are there delete the entire listed block from <Launch.Addon> thru to and including </Launch.Addon>. If the entry is not in the file, just close it.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

Open the FSX.CFG file and delete the below listed entries from the [Trusted] section, again if these entries are not listed just close the file.

D:\FSX\Modules\GPSModule.dll

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL.

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

At the end of each of the above files will be a string of letters and numbers ( I did not list mine), they are to be deleted as well.

2. Go to the FSX directory and delete the following folders/files -

Folders =

2.1 delete the Airbus X folder that is listed in the Aerosoft folder.

2.2 delete the 5 Aerosoft Airbus X folders listed under the SimObjects - Airplanes folder

2.3 delete the GPSModule.dll file from the Modules folder

3. Reboot the PC

4. Reinstall the Aerosoft Airbus X V1.11

5. Reboot the PC

6. Start flying.

Bob

Wow; thanks for giving the info. I use Vista; I will wait and see if this helps others as I am not desperate for m .75 or so before I start manually removing lots of stuff. I will keep this and go back to it shortly once I make the change.

Thanks again,

Simon

Wow; thanks for giving the info Bob. I use Vista; I will wait and see if this helps others as I am not desperate for m .75 or so before I start manually removing lots of stuff. I will keep this and go back to it shortly once I make the change.

Thanks again,

Simon

I performed 2 test flights - 1 wth the BA A320 and 1 with the Iberia A320. All flights used FSX Realtime weather with full fuel and full payload. Flights were made from KPHL to KMSP. The MCDU CRZ ALT = FL340 and then on the BA flight once at FL430 I reset the MCDU CRZ ALT to FL360 and then did a climb to FL360 (attachment BAA320_cruise2).

The attached pictures show both flights and the Mach values are within the Speed schedule I've previously referenced. I did note a few discrepancies in the V/S schedule compared to what the bus is actually doing. But I'm seeing no issues in speed being too low.

I know you have already uninstalled V1.0 and the hotfixes, but I know V1.11 corrects install errors and even though I ran the Windows uninstall program I manually deleted the entries from the DLL.xml and FSX.cfg files, and all associated files in the Modules and Simobjects-Airplane folders to enusre all files were removed. I then rebooted the Pc and then installed V1.11 and then rebooted the PC again, then I launched FSX.

Bob

i did the install exactly as you described it. made 50% pax 50% cargo 50% fuel with the loadmanager.loaded lufthansa livery.cleared all weather set weather to clear sky.used no ase no other addon.still the same...climb till fl300 is ok with m0.70. cruise with m 0.73 managed mode n1 90.6 on fl370 can´t get faster.

i don´t know how you did your screens but for me it doesn´t work.

I naver had a problem Climbing or on cruise speed.I m still on the v1.10a and just now on a online flight from CYYZ-SVMI at FL370 with .80mach.

Every climb is normal and the plane is still gaining speed during Climb phase.

Cruise Speed totaly normal between .78 .80mach.

In my case i never had a problem with climb or cruise speed.Even on the original v1 never had a problem.

Im only using the A320 IAE :lol:

What i m seeing is that some people have those Issues and others dont have them.

IMO it can be FSX related.

I dont think that this Climb/Cruise/Speed issue is 100% related to Airbus X or Patches or updates,because if thats the case everyone will have exact the same issues.

Regards

Just in case.

Every Load/Fuel/Pax etc. i manage it with the FSpassengerX Loadmanger (i never use the Airbus X Loadmanager)*there can be the trouble.

and for real Weather i use Active Sky Evolution.

I naver had a problem Climbing or on cruise speed.I m still on the v1.10a and just now on a online flight from CYYZ-SVMI at FL370 with .80mach.

In my case i never had a problem with climb or cruise speed.Even on the original v1 never had a problem.

What i m seeing is that some people have those Issues and others dont have them.

I dont think that this Climb/Cruise/Speed issue is 100% related to Airbus X or Patches or updates,because if thats the case everyone will have exact the same issues.

Regards

Just in case.

Every Load/Fuel/Pax etc. i manage it with the FSpassengerX Loadmanger (i never use the Airbus X Loadmanager)*there can be the trouble.

thanks for your statement at least some people do post something about the problem except the developers. but i don´t think it´s an fsx problem because the airbus x is the only plane where this happnes. i will make more tests today...

Regards

Just in case.

thanks for your statement at least some people do post something about the problem except the developers. but i don´t think it´s an fsx problem because the airbus x is the only plane where this happnes. i will make more tests today...

i noticed from bob´s screenshots that he has a messege "ctr tank feeding" i never get this messege on my mcdu, can this have something to do with it?

I performed 2 test flights - 1 wth the BA A320 and 1 with the Iberia A320. All flights used FSX Realtime weather with full fuel and full payload. Flights were made from KPHL to KMSP. The MCDU CRZ ALT = FL340 and then on the BA flight once at FL430 I reset the MCDU CRZ ALT to FL360 and then did a climb to FL360 (attachment BAA320_cruise2).

The attached pictures show both flights and the Mach values are within the Speed schedule I've previously referenced. I did note a few discrepancies in the V/S schedule compared to what the bus is actually doing. But I'm seeing no issues in speed being too low.

Bob

I will do the same Bob. Will uninstall and remove all entries in the .cfg file. & DLL.xml file. Maybe something was left behind. Will report back, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

I uninstalled AirbusX everytime before reinstalling a new version (first 1.10a and now 1.11) the way Bob described above, but it did not solve the climb/cruise issue. Today is another day maybe one of the developers will give us some more background, although I am not hopeful for that to happen.

Yeay, it's really frustrating that it works for some and for others it's absolutely not possible to get the correct climb / cruise speed. We have seen many screenshots from different users who are clearly cruising this beauty way in the .7 mach numbers.....(which actually makes it even more frustrating for me ;) )

I am more than happy to help out, but as Ralf allready stated in the first page of this threat, I really do not know what could be vital information for the developers. They are the only ones that can assist in this. I am very happy that Bob gives us information on what to delete etc. but to be honest I really don't know where the problem can be....Is everybody in the beta team able to get the correct cruise speeds? I do not tweak my fs, and everything is pretty standard execpt for some aerosoft scenery's......what on earth could we be doing wrong I ask myself?:o

i noticed from bob´s screenshots that he has a messege "ctr tank feeding" i never get this messege on my mcdu, can this have something to do with it?

That just means that fuel is being moved from the centre tanks to the wing tanks by the automated systems.

I

Regards

Just in case.

I use the Aerosoft load manager for every flight and have no problems at all with climb speeds or cruise speeds, N1 doesn't always get to it indicated max, but if I set the V/S myself I can easily get it to within 0.5 to 1% of the max. I never fly with full tanks and full payload, I can get close to full though. I usually have enough fuel for 1200 to 1500 miles, I can't be bothered flying any further than that most of the time anyway.

I still thing its a hardware issue from throttel calibration of joystick. But nobody can confirm this and aerosoft let us alone... A friend of me dont have problems, but he have problem with IDLE.

I have windows7 64bit with newest DX so... But now i get think more about limitations of hardware. So not all Hardware get 0-100% and i thing thats the problem that some people dont get in idle or can't get enough power.

It would be useful to have an uninstallation guide....

Hello "ginoleopoldo".

If you look in page 2 of this threat you can see that Bob made a step by step "guide" which explains the correct deintallation of the product.

The issue reported was a slow climb and cruise and an incorrect N1 value. Based on my screenshots the speed in the climb and cruise are fine based on the speed / V/S schedules Mathijs posted in the V1.10a upate thread. Now there may well be an issue with the N1 % graphic value; but I do not see an issue with the speed or V/S.

Bob

Ya the N1 value seams to be incorrect,it should be higher.

David Di Domizio

The N1 value indicated is the maximum attainable in the autothrust setting. TOGA is 104.1% if I remember correctly...

The logic behind the flawed FBW is that in the managed mode here thrust is being used to maintain the climb rate, instead of pitch... this is why you are not seeing the aircraft pitch down slightly when passing FL100 and accelerating to the new climb speed above 250...

Try selected mode, getting the aircraft up to speed by selecting a lower V/S and then increasing the V/S...

You should get closer and closer to the max thrust available in the current autothrust mode...

I'm guessing, but I see the only way around this is to dump the default FBW and use a custom-built system, I know this is easier said than done...

Andrew

Ok. Here it is after 1 hour of flight. I went back to V1.00 because that's the one that work best for me and it always did. The shot shows the Airbus in cruising at .786 at FL380 with 54 kts.headwind and everything works as it should.

Only issue is the Climb Phase a little slow. It takes about 10 minutes longer than in the real thing.

Cheers

Will

post-30940-068077100 1284038224_thumb.jp

Ok. Here it is after 1 hour of flight. I went back to V1.00 because that's the one that work best for me and it always did. The shot shows the Airbus in cruising at .786 at FL380 with 54 kts.headwind and everything works as it should.

Only issue is the Climb Phase a little slow. It takes about 10 minutes longer than in the real thing.

Cheers

Will

I can only dream of M0.78 and FL380! But I'm really glad someone else thinks the climb rate is significantly understated compared to the real A320. In the latter stages particularly I'm reminded of a 747-100 fully loaded!

hmm; so the 321 seems to climb cruise a little better? I have been only using the cfm a320; not sure if the iae 320-21 makes a difference? Climb is weak, but cruise I have NEVER been over m .70 in all of my flights!! I use dx10? Maybe that as throttle is linked to direct x...