V1.11 CLB/CRZ Performance

SpeedbirdCraig

Mathijs,

With this new build I am still getting climb & cruise performance issues. Although the climb profile seems to have been tweaked above FL260, the aircraft continously looses speed during the climb above FL260, untill cruise altitude is reached.

Upon reach top of climb the aircraft still will not cruise at more than M0.70 in managed or selected mode.

Are others still seeing this behavior?

Mathijs,

With this new build I am still getting climb & cruise performance issues. Although the climb profile seems to have been tweaked above FL260, the aircraft continously looses speed during the climb above FL260, untill cruise altitude is reached.

Upon reach top of climb the aircraft still will not cruise at more than M0.70 in managed or selected mode.

Hope not....I will wait what others say before patching then...my climb is ok even with 1.0; just the cruise is odd as yours as m .70 floored is all she give captain on my system too!!

Mathijs,

unfortunately yes, i still have the same issue!:(

I don't get past mach .71 what ever I try...really frustating bug this one.....

Hello,

in my opinion, the last update was a good step forward. I can't subscribe Craigs view, because the climb-performance is much better than before. Also the cruise-speed reachs now M0.78. Be sure that you download and install the Version 1.11 and don't forget to deinstall the previous version first.

Grz

Hello,

in my opinion, the last update was a good step forward. I can't subscribe Craigs view, because the climb-performance is much better than before. Also the cruise-speed reachs now M0.78. Be sure that you download and install the Version 1.11 and don't forget to deinstall the previous version first.

Grz

Thank you for your input, but I have done all you described above....complete uninstall, double checking all folders were gone and installed new version. The climb is improved in the way it climbs faster now. But still it is keep losing speed and does not go any faster than mach .71. I even tried decending to a lower flightlevel, speed picking up and when i reached the new altitude it slowed donw again to .71:(

Mathijs,

I can confim that !! Ahhh !!

I'm not seeing the climb / cruise performance issues you have described. see the attached pcitures (climb and cruise).

Also, take a look at the speed and V/S schedule Mathijs outlined in the thread labeled 'Update to 1.10a' http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38188

I'm flying the Lufthansa A321 with full fuel and full payload.

Bob

post-27456-086444200 1283966639_thumb.jp

post-27456-032813600 1283966756_thumb.jp

I'm not seeing the climb / cruise performance issues you have described. see the attached pcitures (climb and cruise).

Also, take a look at the speed and V/S schedule Mathijs outlined in the thread labeled 'Update to 1.10a' http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=38188

Bob

Sorry Bob but in the first picture the error is N1 in 84% climb mode.The power engines must be in 96% for max target.

Bob

Hello Bob, I read the same things here on the forum, it;s very strange. Some people have this issue and some don't. It's not that I don't believe the people that don't have the problem, but I personally am jealous at your situation;) I really do not have this view in my cockpit. It stays at .71 max, and keeps losing speed on the climbout, it's as simple as that.....I really would like to see what others, you, are seeing, but it's just not the case. I did use the A320 CFM Iberia livery.

Bob,

Thanks for you reply, this is what I am seeing in the A320, Full pax, Half payload and 4-6 tonnes of fuel.. I did a complete uninstall of version V1.10a

It could be a screenshot I made, same situation...

Ok not out of discussion yet. A user posted today in the German section of the forum, that he found out that Aerosoft changed the standard.xml, which contains the settings of the joystick. It is found here "c:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.XML". May this a starting point to sort things out?

Origin: http://www.forum.aer...96

well with patch 1.11 the climb is better but i still have the problem of cruise with max. m.0.72 at fl360. maybe it has to do with some addons? i use ase as weather program...just another starting point...

another thing is the cost index maybe.i tried out some values but it didn´t really change. when i select the different phases on the fmc it say at cruise speed 250 and i can´t change that value. could this be another hint?

well with patch 1.11 the climb is better but i still have the problem of cruise with max. m.0.72 at fl360. maybe it has to do with some addons? i use ase as weather program...just another starting point...

Not that I can deny it is related to that, but personally I am not using any weather programs. Standard FSX with only aerosoft scenery addons, AES & a certain MD-11 (the well known one).

ehm, i have to correct my last reply. :blush:

After my flight with M0.78, the last two flights doesn't reach values over M0.705. These last flights had a steplclimb, could this be a possible reason?

Grz

Just a bit more power from 34000+ would be great other than that, I'm happy with the aircrafts performance. I was getting .711 at 40,000 feet and about 7.40+ down at 30,000. She acellerates slowly but I've seen 320 profiles that do the same once at cruise.

Otherwise, you won't see any more complaints out of me. :)

Sorry Bob but in the first picture the error is N1 in 84% climb mode.The power engines must be in 96% for max target.

The issue reported was a slow climb and cruise and an incorrect N1 value. Based on my screenshots the speed in the climb and cruise are fine based on the speed / V/S schedules Mathijs posted in the V1.10a upate thread. Now there may well be an issue with the N1 % graphic value; but I do not see an issue with the speed or V/S.

Bob

Hello Bob, I read the same things here on the forum, it;s very strange. Some people have this issue and some don't. It's not that I don't believe the people that don't have the problem, but I personally am jealous at your situation;) I really do not have this view in my cockpit. It stays at .71 max, and keeps losing speed on the climbout, it's as simple as that.....I really would like to see what others, you, are seeing, but it's just not the case. I did use the A320 CFM Iberia livery.

I'll try a flight with the Iberia A320, full fuel and full payload and will post my findings.

Bob

Cool; it would be good to know if anyone who has cruise speed issues with 1.0 1.10 etc and has found that 1.11 has fixed the cruise speed issue; ie can go over mach .70:) I know they have improved climb with the updates and patches, but 1.11 does not mention a fix for slow cruise. Yesterday there was a post from someone on their support saying the patch 1.11 improved cruise preformance; maybe they have not corrected it yet. She runs like a beaut for me otherwise minus .70 max:)

Cool; it would be good to know if anyone who has cruise speed issues with 1.0 1.10 etc and has found that 1.11 has fixed the cruise speed issue; ie can go over mach .70:) I know they have improved climb with the updates and patches, but 1.11 does not mention a fix for slow cruise. Yesterday there was a post from someone on their support saying the patch 1.11 improved cruise preformance; maybe they have not corrected it yet. She runs like a beaut for me otherwise minus .70 max:)

Simon yeah.. the slow cruise bug is listed as Temperature Fix above 26,000feet. There was a bug in some of the calculations I guess. It's fixed.. just need a hair bit more thrust tho.

On further testing I am able to reach M0.711 with the A320, but M0.74 with the A321 @FL300..... took 150nm to get to M0.74 :unsure: The airrcraft weights have negligble effect on cruise speed. Tested at different fuel loads etc...

On further testing I am able to reach M0.711 with the A320, but M0.74 with the A321 @FL300..... took 150nm to get to M0.74 :unsure: The airrcraft weights have negligble effect on cruise speed. Tested at different fuel loads etc...

Oh, I have been using the a320; maybe I should try the 321...?

Good coments re weights; was playing around with those from 1.0...at .71 and .74 based on the bus; what is the n1 fan saying; is it still maxed?

Simon yeah.. the slow cruise bug is listed as Temperature Fix above 26,000feet. There was a bug in some of the calculations I guess. It's fixed.. just need a hair bit more thrust tho.

ok cool; well that should help some then:)) maybe I should patch; do you uninstall via control panel?

Simon

I'll try a flight with the Iberia A320, full fuel and full payload and will post my findings.

Bob

I performed 2 test flights - 1 wth the BA A320 and 1 with the Iberia A320. All flights used FSX Realtime weather with full fuel and full payload. Flights were made from KPHL to KMSP. The MCDU CRZ ALT = FL340 and then on the BA flight once at FL430 I reset the MCDU CRZ ALT to FL360 and then did a climb to FL360 (attachment BAA320_cruise2).

The attached pictures show both flights and the Mach values are within the Speed schedule I've previously referenced. I did note a few discrepancies in the V/S schedule compared to what the bus is actually doing. But I'm seeing no issues in speed being too low.

I know you have already uninstalled V1.0 and the hotfixes, but I know V1.11 corrects install errors and even though I ran the Windows uninstall program I manually deleted the entries from the DLL.xml and FSX.cfg files, and all associated files in the Modules and Simobjects-Airplane folders to enusre all files were removed. I then rebooted the Pc and then installed V1.11 and then rebooted the PC again, then I launched FSX.

Bob

post-27456-022265300 1283979214_thumb.jp

post-27456-035388200 1283979217_thumb.jp

post-27456-047164600 1283979228_thumb.jp

post-27456-038255100 1283979232_thumb.jp

post-27456-029597000 1283979235_thumb.jp