Please Fix the Rudder.

Todd_F

Aerosoft,

I know you guys are aware of the issue regarding the non functional rudder above 100ft. RA. The reason I am writing this is because one thread on the subject was "Solved and Closed"(not sure why) and the other is not getting any response. This to me is a major flaw because besides it being very annoying it also makes the aircraft absolutely unlandable with any amount of crosswind. I understand that there is always the option to Autoland the aircraft, but what if there is an 11 mph crosswind? Are we supposed to fly in circles and hope the wind dies down before the fuel is exhaused? I know Mathijs has said "It's being looked at" and "not to worry" but I have to. It is still not on the known issues thread and there has been little to no response from developers on the subject. My junk hangar is getting rather full, please don't make me try to fit the AirbusX in there.

-Todd

• Upvote 4

but why is that issue not listed?

you declare an airbus product with a "closest" realistic FBW, ...... <_<

Can we get a definitive answer from Aerosoft? Will the FBW be fixed or not?

[...] it also makes the aircraft absolutely unlandable with any amount of crosswind.

Why? You fly a proper crab angle, and should have plenty of time to decrab below 100ft (where the rudder becomes active).

By the way, it is not really the case that the rudder is completely OFF (as in "no moving part") above 100ft. The FBW system of FSX simply engages the normal Yaw Damper function of the Sim above 100ft, the same that is directly accessible by a button in the default Boeings.

Why? You fly a proper crab angle, and should have plenty of time to decrab below 100ft (where the rudder becomes active).

By the way, it is not really the case that the rudder is completely OFF (as in "no moving part") above 100ft. The FBW system of FSX simply engages the normal Yaw Damper function of the Sim above 100ft, the same that is directly accessible by a button in the default Boeings.

I have tried adding a Yaw Damper switch but it would not allow me to disable it. Believe me I have been looking for a solution, it feels very awkward and unpleasurable trying to line up and land without any yaw control.

-Todd

My wording was not precise... that was supposed to be my point. Adding a "standard boeing" yaw damper switch will show that (and when) the FBW activates the yaw damper (and that this is the reason for the "defunct" rudder), but also that this is forced by the FBW and cannot be switched on/off with the same button that would work in other, non-FBW aircraft. (Although it uses the same sim variable.)

My wording was not precise... that was supposed to be my point. Adding a "standard boeing" yaw damper switch will show that (and when) the FBW activates the yaw damper (and that this is the reason for the "defunct" rudder), but also that this is forced by the FBW and cannot be switched on/off with the same button that would work in other, non-FBW aircraft. (Although it uses the same sim variable.)

I guess the only way around this is to modify the FBW to turn on the yaw damper at about 3000 ft or to not turn it on at all. The only other way would be to write a guage that overrides the yaw damper. That is saying it's even possible to do either of those, it might not be. I have looked for code concerning the FBW but have only been able to find the 7 switches that turn it off and on and have not found anything concerning the yaw damper.

-Todd

I have no solution either, my gut feeling is that this is "hardwired" into the FBW. But I'm just an amateur anyway who knows *absolutely* nothing compared to Aerosofts developers.

And I don't really care... I'm waiting for the boxed version, but will definitely buy the Airbus X. I can land the default MS bus just fine and don't see why that should turn out to be much different with the Bus X.