Paris Orly FS9 initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Hi,

I bought the V1.02 version therefore I believe that I don't need to bother, correct ?

Just applied the V1.04 but I have the same result (all buildings have blurry textures - full or normal scree size, varying MIP Mapping quality from 1 to 8).

Will go back to the original again unless you tell me where I can find thse "MIPMAP" textures.

Also, thanks to tell me if V1.04 includes V1.03 - if not I will maybe need to do it step by step

Thanks for your answer and support.

Regards,

Georgy

Hi,

I bought the V1.02 version therefore I believe that I don't need to bother, correct ?

Just applied the V1.04 but I have the same result (all buildings have blurry textures - full or normal scree size, varying MIP Mapping quality from 1 to 8).

Will go back to the original again unless you tell me where I can find thse "MIPMAP" textures.

Also, thanks to tell me if V1.04 includes V1.03 - if not I will maybe need to do it step by step

Thanks for your answer and support.

Regards,

Georgy

Hi Georgy,

You can update in two ways:

1. Uninstall the current version and install the 1.04 installer from your download account (go to order history to find a link)

2. Go to the Aerosoft.com web site and look for updates: log on with your credentials and look for Mega Airport Orly. Here you find the 1.04 update.

In the same update section you will find the mipmapped texture sets, which need to be applied seperately.

Finally, don't forget to install a fix for the 1.04 which can be downloaded via topic: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=40462

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your quick answer... however issue is not solved.rolleyes.gif

Have been at SimMarket where I bought the product but could not find the mipmap update - only the V1.02 installer + updates V1.03 and V1.04.

Then I registered in Aerosof.com and sign on.

Next tried to access the "Updates" but get the following message :

The connection has timed out

The server at aerosoft-shop.com is taking too long to respond.

Will try later.

Maybe a good idea to provide the mipmaps through SimMarket as well... blush.gif

Regards,

George

I discovered that v1.04 get a very big issue ! There are not anymore taxiways signs !!!! Could we get a patch please ?

... and neither glide path antennas near ILS-equipped runways touchdown zones !

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Flusiepeter for your work !

Now, i'm at 38 FPS In approach !!!

Congratulations !

Hello,

I would like to thank you here Oliver Papst, for its support the last updates. Oliver optimized also the program code of the FS9-Version and provided so considerably for the better framerate. :)

Make a new install with 1.05 and mipmaps textures: I won 5 FPS

The framerate is good during the approach, but I only have between 15 and 17 FPS on final, with "scenery" on medium and "LFPOTraffic" empty, day and night.

And if I compare to Mega CDG...

fs92010110915133114.png

fs92010110915175707.png

15 to 17 FPS without trafic and clear weather... I can't expect to fly on IVAO.

There is still something wrong.

I don't have the day/night problem, it's always 15-17 FPS.

I use an i5, 4GO ram and HD5470 and last drivers, but I don't think there is a video card problem because my settings for AA and AF are good for every scenery, except Orly!

If I need to disable Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering to fly...

I'm converting textures, but I don't think that will help me to have 10 more FPS.

I don't have the day/night problem, it's always 15-17 FPS.

I use an i5, 4GO ram and HD5470 and last drivers, but I don't think there is a video card problem because my settings for AA and AF are good for every scenery, except Orly!

If I need to disable Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering to fly...

I'm converting textures, but I don't think that will help me to have 10 more FPS.

The strange thing was I experienced the same. Low FPS at Orly, but high FPS at other airports. I only disabled AA transparancy, and this helped a lot. I totally agree with you the scenery is not FPS friendly as for example Munich, CDG or Barcelona.

Hi all,

Just D/L the latest version of Orly from my account. But prior to uninstalling the original version 1.0, I thought I would try looking at the updates page. On going there, I found Orly was not selectable, so I tried to register it as a new product. But on inputting either my key code or EMail address, kept getting the " No valid code/EMail address".

So rather reluctant to uninstall the old version as on the face of it, there is something wrong with the Keycode as shown in my accopunt.

Please advise.

JohnT

Hi Gents,

After trying the different versions, I finally use V1.02 + new MpMap textures.

Only one part of the airport gives me bluries (see doc enclosed) : the north building next to the main airport hall Gate 2C

Hope ther is a solution for this .

Regards,

Georgy

LFPO.bmp

The fix on the performance is indeed impressive since 1.03 and further. No more performance issues on my side.

However, there is still some problems, mapping problem this time: as you can see on the screens below, there is some defaut scenery poking into the Orly scenery, between runway 24 threshold and the A6 highway. So you can see the nice AES traffic driving on the defaut scenery, evause some part of the LFPO ground 12.bmp bitmap isnt mapped. It's a pity, since this is very obvious when on final to runway 24, the problem is just too noticable.

The first shot is taken from within Flight Sim, the second one is showing how the texture normally contains the whole motorway A6.

orya.jpg

oryb.jpg

Could that be due to the new separate exclude file, that part of the scenery had been forgotten?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

the cutout is so intended and correct.

That was made in such a way for the FSX, because an additional aerial photograph is underlaid there. That was not so simply possible however in the FS9, but in the FS9 the land classes and roads were adapted. The cutout looks perhaps not so good in this perspective in the FS9. ;)

Hello,

the cutout is so intended and correct.

That was made in such a way for the FSX, because an additional aerial photograph is underlaid there. That was not so simply possible however in the FS9, but in the FS9 the land classes and roads were adapted. The cutout looks perhaps not so good in this perspective in the FS9. ;)

Isn't it possible to fix this for FS9 please?

Hello,

For the moment not. -_-

Your screenshot shows a very extreme light situation. Normally this is not so remarkable with an approach.

But I write it to me on the list for the next update. ;)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the answer! So there will be another update for Orly? Can you provide us some details about what is going to be changed?

Hello Alex,

I found a solution to fix autogen issue on rwy 06. I added an exclude in the AFCAD. Give me your email adress and I'll send it to you.

I added also glide antennas if you wish.

Charles.

Hi Charles777,

I'd like to know if the soulution you've found is to fix the problem of trees on RWY06 (that I have) &/or to fix the problem of RWY 24/26 & 06/08 for take off & landing.Coz I'm looking for an afcade to allow me to use those runways for Toff & landing.

I'm fed up to wait for ages & ages to take off because of the traffic which is lining up on RWY 24 & the one whhich is landing

Many thanks.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the answer! So there will be another update for Orly? Can you provide us some details about what is going to be changed?

Hello,

For the moment I can unfortunately make no statement, when it will be possible to change the texture cutout only for the FS9-Version. I would like to postpone that on next year, there now soon begin Christmas holidays. ;)