Paris Orly FS9 initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

As I wrote sometime ago:

This is bizarre, because when I sit right at Orly and pan the camera around, the fps are almost normal.

No need for screenshots. Again, I get normal FPS when right on Orly. The problem is when you're approaching Orly, and also, as I also wrote, when you're as far as Charles de Gaulle airport and you look in the direction of Orly, the FPS drop immediately.

But here's the situation: I give up with your scenery, I simply consider I lost 25 euros and that's it. I'm not going to waste my time anylonger posting screenies or giving my specs, you seem to be unable to admit that there is a problem for some of us with Orly, so you ask for screenshots. :rolleyes: . Good day.

Hello Peter,

Finally we can hear from you: Better late than never!

So, thank you for communicating with us, we will be patient as needed.

This was the only thing we requested: Some communication from you to reassure us that you are working on those issues.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi everybody, i've just instaled the scenery and for me no problem of FPS,the scenery works fine and the textures are very nice and very realistic,(i lived for ten years near LFPO) the only problem is with the afcad.

I remember with the simudesign scenery we could choose the Afcad file according to the direction of the wind.. we needed of two afcads, (one for wind from est and an other for wind from west) It is necessary to use the method of JOULOUV but i don't remember how! it's the problem!

Why don't make a tool (the same used in LEMD scenery) and according to the direction of the wind they check the hut of the appropriate afcad file.

Hello,

I would like to complain about low fps, but I can't because loading LFPO in FS or flying into causing immediate crashes with black screen. I tried everything up to disabling any other scenery in the scenery library and do reinstalls, but unfortunatly nothing helps. I have installed UTE and LFPG in that aerea. I would apprechiate any help. I bought the scenerey yesterday as download, so I think it is the most recent.

regards

Uli

Hello,

I would like to complain about low fps, but I can't because loading LFPO in FS or flying into causing immediate crashes with black screen. I tried everything up to disabling any other scenery in the scenery library and do reinstalls, but unfortunatly nothing helps. I have installed UTE and LFPG in that aerea. I would apprechiate any help. I bought the scenerey yesterday as download, so I think it is the most recent.

regards

Uli

Hello Uli,

We work already to improve the fps. Ask something patience.

The problem with the crash cannot I reconstruct. Does the problem exist also, if UTE is not active?

Hello Uli,

We work already to improve the fps. Ask something patience.

The problem with the crash cannot I reconstruct. Does the problem exist also, if UTE is not active?

Hallo Peter,

as said in my previous post I have disabled everything except Orly (Orly is the only one), but Orly crashes with out any comment at about 50-60% of loading (of course the Windows ...has caused an error-Message appears after some seconds of black screen ).

I really do not like to do a new install of FS2004 only for Orly, as all my other Sceneries work well.

Gruß

Uli

Glad to hear that your are working on a solution Peter.

Your Orly scenery looks great and if you can make it work with descent Fps i will buy it for sure....

Glad to hear that your are working on a solution Peter.

Your Orly scenery looks great and if you can make it work with descent Fps i will buy it for sure....

Hi!

I cannot believe that I delayed buying this scenery because of the comments I read here - this is a really incredible, almost photoreal, scenery and I am getting quite smooth frame rates in the high teens (15-20 fps) when viewing the airport itself with Carenado aircraft. OK I agree it is not 40-50 fps but compare this to what you were getting just a few years ago on FS9 with scenery that is incomparable with this. I would encourage any FS9'er who is thinking about it to get this scenery and enjoy it - you won't regret it! Sure it will be even better if Aerosoft produce a patch to improve the fps, but. believe me, it is fantastic as it is!

Bill

Windows XP Pro SP2; Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPU; Arctic Cool 7Pro; ASUS P5N-E-SLI Motherboard; 4GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM; 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card; 2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive; 650W (2 x 12V) PSU; 2 x 1000GB + 1 x 150GB Western Digital External Hard Drive; CH Pro Yoke and Pedals

Powering 280GB of fs9!

• Upvote 1

Hi Gents,

Just applied the new patch for FS9 (thinking that it would improve the fps) but had to go backwards : scenery is completely blurry at night, dusk and dawn, in full screen mode and normal screen size

With my config (see below) everything is ok with the initial install (15 to 21 - fixed at 22).

So, waiting for the next fix if any.

Regards,

George

Operating System

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3

CPU

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz 39 °C

Conroe 65nm Technology

RAM

4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 279MHz (5-5-5-31)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N-E SLI (Socket 775)

Graphics

BenQ T90X @ 1280x1024

640MB GeForce 8800 GTS (nVidia) 53 °C

ForceWare version 260.89

• Developer

Hi Gents,

Just applied the new patch for FS9 (thinking that it would improve the fps) but had to go backwards : scenery is completely blurry at night, dusk and dawn, in full screen mode and normal screen size

With my config (see below) everything is ok with the initial install (15 to 21 - fixed at 22).

So, waiting for the next fix if any.

Regards,

Did you use the MIPMAP Texture set or the original one?

• Upvote 1

Hello,

at first, thank you very much for Orly 1.03 because FPS are much better now !!!

Just one strange effect : when taxiing on all runways, it's bumpy and we can see dust behind the main landing gear as if we taxi in the grass... Is there a solution to this issue please ?

Thank you.

Charles.

Hello,

Just one strange effect : when taxiing on all runways, it's bumpy and we can see dust behind the main landing gear as if we taxi in the grass... Is there a solution to this issue please ?

Thank you.

Charles.

Hello,

As Charles777 mentioned, the ground surface is now completely rough, indeed.

Taxiing is now creating a lot of shimmy in my forcefeedback yoke, as well as unstable/dancing ride :-(

Actually, no big improvement on the FPS from my side, since I did already convert all textures with Alpha channel and mipmaps...

I'm afraid that this version 1.03 still doesn't correct the biggest problem of this scenery: LODs !

For instance, when I'm around 4-5 miles from the airport, I can still clearly see the light poles or blast fences. Which is totally unuseful...

Regards

• Developer

JEEPEE,

I found a solution for the raugh runway. Just desactive "LFPO_EXC.bgl" and all will work fine !

Tell me if it is ok please.

Charles Bellot.

You are correct, the problem is in this file, but to deactived it, is not the longterm solution, because when you touch the AF2 file with Afcad.exe, you get a problem again.

Please replace the file with the attached one, then the Taxiways are harden too and nothing can happen, when the afcad is changed.

• Developer

Hello,

As Charles777 mentioned, the ground surface is now completely rough, indeed.

Taxiing is now creating a lot of shimmy in my forcefeedback yoke, as well as unstable/dancing ride :-(

Actually, no big improvement on the FPS from my side, since I did already convert all textures with Alpha channel and mipmaps...

I'm afraid that this version 1.03 still doesn't correct the biggest problem of this scenery: LODs !

For instance, when I'm around 4-5 miles from the airport, I can still clearly see the light poles or blast fences. Which is totally unuseful...

Regards

When you can see the Blastwalls longer then 1.7 km (1 Mile) and the Lightpole (not the lights) more then 4km (2.1miles), then something went wrong in your update and you have still the old files active.

Hello,

Thank you.

Charles.

That's the same issue for me ... Fps is very good now, but is not possible taxiing on runways ... it's very bumpy too ...

Do you previous an update 1.04 for this afternoon ??? :lol:

But yes ... just see your previous post with a news exclude file and is run correctly ...

NOW ... ORLY IS PLAYABLE ... THANK YOU

ALL THE BEST

After a lot of doubt (mainly caused by reactions at this forum) I just purchased the Mega Airport Orly after the 1.03 fix... I also installed the mip mapped texture to avoid shimmering. At day time still got dissapointing frame rates. But I also tried the frame rates at night and they were almost two times higher (!). I think it is a bug with day time textures?! Here are some screenshots below:

@ Day 16 FPS

daytj.png

@ Night 28 FPS

nightb.png

Can you guys please sort this out?

Please try first to compare the day/Night with AI-Traffic off.

Hi Oliver, After I placed this post I also thought about this, but it does not make any difference at all (except the fact that I have 1 or 2 frames more without AI traffic). Please see the screenshots below:

@ Day 17 FPS (Clear weather, no AI)

dayclear.png

@ Night 30 FPS (Clear weather, no AI)

nightclear.png

Also when flying at dawn or dusk, frame rates are also 30 (probably because the scenery is using night textures then). I also have a simple Youtube movie showing the issue:

(FPS are lower in the movie, due to Fraps).

Conclusion: there seems to be an inconsistency between day and night objects/textures causing troubles at daytime... Most of the times scenery at night has more impact on performance due to rendering of lights etc. but here it seems the other way round?!

Edit: I also tried the 1.04 update, but this only seems AFCAD related, and makes no difference at all regarding the performance.

Edit 2: I applied the updates from Oliver, and also tried different angles at the airport. There performance is better, but still day/night differences.

Hi

I installed v1.03 and fps are much better.

But I have problems with texture shimmering.

I tried to convert textures with imagetool dxt3 with mips, but in that case I don't have a shimmering, but I have significant stuttering.

Is it possible to convert only some most significant texture files to get rid off shimmering?

And is it possible to download already converted textures from aerosoft.

Thanks

Edin

• Developer

Hi

I installed v1.03 and fps are much better.

But I have problems with texture shimmering.

I tried to convert textures with imagetool dxt3 with mips, but in that case I don't have a shimmering, but I have significant stuttering.

Is it possible to convert only some most significant texture files to get rid off shimmering?

And is it possible to download already converted textures from aerosoft.

Thanks

Edin

Check the FAQ Database, there you find converted Texture for download.

• Upvote 1