Paris Orly FS9 initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Hello everyone

New to this forum. I installed megascenery Orly FS9 and I encountered the same problems as you all : flickering textures and FPS drop....

I read above that an update is available that solves the flickering problem, but was unable to find it into My account / update section.

So my question is : Where Can I Find This Update ??

Thanks in advance to you

John33

Hello John33,

On the main page of aerosoft clic on "FAQ'S / Updates" then identify yourself or register if it's not done before.

Then you'll find a menu where you'll have the possibility to choose the product you want to patch then you'll see that under Mega Airport Paris Orly there is 2 patchs.

For informations there is no official patch to correct the houses/trees on rwy 06/24...

Regards,

Alex

PS: Hey guys from Aerosoft, any news?? Please answer something to us!! Or maybe I'm asking this on the wrong post??

• Upvote 1

Thanks Alex !

Following your directions I could easily download the updates for textures and ground.

No more flickering except may be the runways marks when seen from a distance.

I feel fortunate, I don't have the disapearing traffic nor the trees problems. May be due to the fact that I bought LFPO

two days ago in a corrected package ?

Still remains the FPS drop problem which I would appreciate the fellows from Aerosoft to say if they intend to issue a

correction.

Thanks again Alex and best regards to all

John33

I noticed the box version has reached the shelves yesterday, so, Peter, is there anything you could tell us regarding an update for Orly? Is there any chance I can reactivate your superb scenery one day, have you found any possible cause for the performance issues?

Or, since the box version is out now, does it mean it will remain as is?

I'm sure we're quite many customers waiting for some more informations about it.

• Upvote 1

Hello everybody,

Had enough of not having any information from aerosoft (about all Orly's issues) despite several request on this support forum.

Wrote them an E-Mail just right now and waiting for their reply...

Will let you know if anything new about the scenery and their ongoing (or not) work on it.

Alex

ps: Don't want to be mean at all about Aerosoft. I just don't understand why there is no communication...

• Upvote 2

Here's a thought, put the developers together who made Orly and Munich. Munich is how it should be, Orly is not. They could share info and maybe sort out the problem. I refuse to even consider buying Orly, much as i want to until it's in a flyable/playable state.

Here's a thought, put the developers together who made Orly and Munich. Munich is how it should be, Orly is not. They could share info and maybe sort out the problem.

I agree.

• Upvote 1

This morning I made a flight starting at 05 Z from LFPO, my departure gate was in front of the old terminal. My graphics (aircraft panel and airport) were blurry, only my gauges were crystal clear. For example I was unable to read the next parked aircraft airline name. When I started taxying the graphics became clear again and blurry again a number of times. After takeoff on RWY 24, turning North, all ground graphics vanished and became blurry, those effects disappeared immediately when I left the Orly area about 10 miles East, I completed my flight to EDDM with no further problem.

No such occurrence was ever seen before at any other addon scenery.

This is in addition to heavy stutters when landing in Orly on another flight during day time.

System specifications: Intel I940, ATI Radeon 4970 1GB, 4GB RAM.

Hello Folks,

Peter sent me this reply.

thank you for the info.

We and the beta testers had with Orly FS9 usually around the 30 fps. On slower computers primarily

the autogen density and the scenery density must be setup smaller. I equipped the scenery density

specially for these people with more or less details. With a scenery density of DENSE there is only

80% of the details, with a density NORMAL only about 60%. Naturally one can switch off still shadows

and some other setups would drive through, which better framerates makes possible.

I examine times where still potential am details to be saved

• Upvote 3

That reply is totally unacceptable :mad: . Why dont Peter come here and post himself? He had already posted in this thread and he knows very well what is going on. That's just ridiculous. He's part of Aerosoft, unlike some other devs, Aerosoft consider its customers like morons, how pleasant is that?

To Peter: Orly is small airport. How do you explain that we run FSDT JFK, Mega Frankfurt, Heathrow etc at 30FPS with full AI when on final and that we get less than 10 with Orly, ON THE SAME PC?

UNACCEPTABLE REPLY FROM AEROSOFT. Really pathetic.

• Upvote 1

Hard answer from Arnaud... but I agree ... :(

Without change my configuration and in same condition ... I have 20 fps with Munich for versus Orly with 5 fps ... = 3/4 more slow ...

The recent upgrade Munich to 1.01 for " Ladeabstände der einzelnen Gebäude und des Luftbildes besser abgestuft für einen weicheren Anflug " Loading distances of each building and the aerial photograph graded better for a softer approach. ..

This is great if an update with the same intention release for Orly ... because in Orly all building loaded in same time and not relative to the distence ... ( or the parameter loading distence is more generous ... )

But Orly is a great scenery with a good sense of immersion, Especially in night mode ...

• Upvote 1

My answer is hard but must be linked to my previous polite posts in that same thread, see first and second page where Peter the designer talked with us. What is unacceptable is the easy way to blame customers' PC when some performance problems are reported about a scenery. I run a nowadays and recent powerful PC, like most users around here I believe.

The performance issues have nothing to do with the details of Orly scenery, nor fs9 default autogen or anything like that. The scenery is indeed very nice,

so instead of assuming that the performance isses are due to the high details, which is totally wrong, the developper should try to get more information from us as to what other sceneries we have installed in the area etc... It is obvious that the performance issues of Orly are caused by a conflict with 'something' rather than the 3D objetcs details or the weakness of our rigs. Lets get to work, period. Aerosoft is really about to lose one customer: we've all understood very well that fs9ers have become the parias of the community :mad: and many people are upset at us that we slow the FSX market down, and this had been wrote many time by some Aerosoft project managers in this forum. Which, I can certainly understand, but once you've sold something, you ought to support it.

I've already had to rework myself all of the Orly texture's folder to add mips, that is enough.

Aerosoft talks about their beta testers, that is quite funny, because it actually seems that no serious beta testing is being made before release, 'we' the customers' are their beta testers actually, and we have to cash in. And where it gets nasty, is that once we dare to report some problems we're being told that our PC is a piece of crap. This is what I call 'unacceptable' behaviour.

• Upvote 1

My answer is hard but must be linked to my previous polite posts in that same thread, see first and second page where Peter the designer talked with us. What is unacceptable is the easy way to blame customers' PC when some performance problems are reported about a scenery. I run a nowadays and recent powerful PC, like most users around here I believe.

The performance issues have nothing to do with the details of Orly scenery, nor fs9 default autogen or anything like that. The scenery is indeed very nice,

so instead of assuming that the performance isses are due to the high details, which is totally wrong, the developper should try to get more information from us as to what other sceneries we have installed in the area etc... It is obvious that the performance issues of Orly are caused by a conflict with 'something' rather than the 3D objetcs details or the weakness of our rigs. Lets get to work, period. Aerosoft is really about to lose one customer: we've all understood very well that fs9ers have become the parias of the community :mad: and many people are upset at us that we slow the FSX market down, and this had been wrote many time by some Aerosoft project managers in this forum. Which, I can certainly understand, but once you've sold something, you ought to support it.

I've already had to rework myself all of the Orly texture's folder to add mips, that is enough.

Aerosoft talks about their beta testers, that is quite funny, because it actually seems that no serious beta testing is being made before release, 'we' the customers' are their beta testers actually, and we have to cash in. And where it gets nasty, is that once we dare to report some problems we're being told that our PC is a piece of crap. This is what I call 'unacceptable' behaviour.

Well, quite a hard reply from Arnaud, yes I agree BUT I agree also with Arnaud nonetheless!

This an unacceptable way of communicating with customers!

Shaun, obviously you are doing your best to get some communication going (you reply nicely to my E-Mail and I'm sure that you are trying to get the authors of the scenery to reply to us), so my complaint is not going to you but rather (like Arnaud) to the scenery's developers.

Why, why not communicating directly with us huh? What's the point of a support forum then?!!

And I agree even more with Arnaud considering the answer to the problem...

Why am I running an Acer Predator (full options) with FS9 settings to the MAX at a FPS of 25-30 at airport like Budapest, London, Roma, De gaulles (with sceneries of course) and barely 6-8 FPS at Orly ???!!!!!! Yeah right, because of my crappy PC huh ??!!!!!

What an awful reply from the scenery's developers!!!

Yes indded, you are about to loose a second customer if you keep behaving like that!! Wanted to buy Munich but now I just wait and see...

I really hope to see a better reply from aerosoft/developpers or whoever should communicate with us soon!!!

Alex

• Upvote 1

Unacceptable ! My textures is at 100%, my confirugation is in the best configurati

on, on CDG : 30 FPS with all terminal , at JFK : 28FPS, and orly : 17 FPS with the bad graphics for my config..m.

I hope a better reply from the développer, who not reply on this post ! (Not serious)

• Upvote 2

I have to - unfortunately - agree with previous posters and express my utter disappointment. There is no technical good reason for Orly to perform that badly when more sophisticated sceneries run very well on my system, which is far from being outdated or underpowered. I do not see why I should reduce my settings for what remains a secondary airport compared to "heavy weights" destinations already listed by other simmers above.

This reply from the developer certainly encourages me to - from now on - avoid buying Aerosoft products upon release and let others get burned first! Which is obviously a less than interesting scenario commercially and financially for your company. You should seriously consider changing your attitude to customers remarks and/or allow them to "try before you buy" as some high quality developers do, this would eliminate once and for all these unpleasant threads and time wasted on both side. Another option is to offer refund after one month as another major sim product dealer proposes.

Aerosoft, please remember that, even though you operate in a field where fighting against piracy remains a major preoccupation, a commercial deal - however small it might be - should be fairly balanced between customer and seller. To sell an imperfect product and refuse to fix it is unfair to the customer - it is cheating - the same way than when someone downloads illegally a product, both attitudes threaten your brand in the long run! To tell customers that your Beta testers were happy with the product does not eliminate the problem(s) and means that your unsatisfied customers are either liars or stupid. In both cases I would take strong exception to that.

• Upvote 1

I wanted to buy ORLY but i won't unless something is done with the FPS

When i see that Patrick get 17FPS at an empty ORLY with his huge config I really think this scenery is a rip-off...

The answer of the author of the scenery is totally unacceptable an he really consider customers as stupid paying morons.

I have a much smaller config an get 30 FPS with every huge airport add-on like VTBS,LEBL,LFPG,KJFK etc etc.

This kind of thing happened with ARMI PROJECT Bangkok VTBS when it was released. They reworked the whole scenery made it even better and more detailed and gave it for free to the

customer who bought the first version.It seemss that Thai people have much more respect for their customers than this Peter guy.

Hope Aerosoft will push this guy to go back to work and deliver a descent product.

Anyway that s exactly why I never buy a new product before reading the forums....

• Upvote 1

The developers attitude is astounding i have to say, thankfully not bought this and refuse to until it's sorted out. What i found incredible is he seems to think that there isn't a problem. Nobody is saying the airport looks bad or isn't a fine bit of modelling, but why are the framerates so bad, unlike the new EDDM scenery or LFPG for that matter? Can't he see that things are not well? More to the point, how come Aerosoft allowed it's release under their name? Doesn't someone check these things first?

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately there seems to be a trend in the latest sceneries from Aerosoft. That trend is that the recent sceneries like Amsterdam, Orly and Munich haven't been tested thouroughly before putting them into the market. Something other software- and operating system developers are good in as well. You buy in fact a not good working product but they will receive the money already thus covering expenses for developing the project.

I think CEE laws are forbidding these days that you sell a product through internet while it is not working as reasonably could be expected. You have to be able either to get your money back or you have to get compensation in one form or another. Or a good support i.e. replacing the bad product.

Nothing of this up to now. It would be nice if Aerosoft makes a gesture to all of those buying the not good working products so far, Amsterdam en Orly especially, for example by offering a scenery for free to those people.

Tompie

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately there seems to be a trend in the latest sceneries from Aerosoft. That trend is that the recent sceneries like Amsterdam, Orly and Munich haven't been tested thouroughly before putting them into the market. Something other software- and operating system developers are good in as well. You buy in fact a not good working product but they will receive the money already thus covering expenses for developing the project.

I think CEE laws are forbidding these days that you sell a product through internet while it is not working as reasonably could be expected. You have to be able either to get your money back or you have to get compensation in one form or another. Or a good support i.e. replacing the bad product.

Nothing of this up to now. It would be nice if Aerosoft makes a gesture to all of those buying the not good working products so far, Amsterdam en Orly especially, for example by offering a scenery for free to those people.

Tompie

Or better: Money back within 30 days like Flight1...

And still no reply from Aerosoft and especially from the Orly's developpers... What a pity!!

If no news from them within 24h I swear that I will never buy a product from Aerosoft anymore!!!!! And they are complaining about piracy??? I'm not doing this kind of things BUT I start to understand why some people are doing it (even if I disagree absolutely of course).

PLEASE AEROSOFT AND ORLY SCENERY'S DESIGNERS, WE (PAYING CUSTOMERS) URGE YOU TO HAVE AT LEAST THE DECENCY TO REPLY!! Even if it is to tell us to go to hell (and I am polite here).

Alex

• Upvote 2

I believe you guys are being mistaken: it's not 1.2, it is 1.02 (oh here we go again, looks like a remake of the Schipol neverending thread), and nothing had been changed except the few mipped textures that were available in the update section. We still need some com.

Ed, you see, that's such a pity, I bought and had Orly installed, and I cant stress enough how nice the scenery is, it really deserves a fix. Imagine what nice video you could work there :)

If nothing is done, I can swear Aerosoft wont see a penny from me until Simwings' Anchorage.

• Upvote 1