Paris Orly FS9 initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

i just poseted in another ORLY thread, but would like also to put this here:

i am just mad by Flusipeter who keeps saying that all of the Orly problems is because of bad computers, that are not up to date and because of FS settings set too high!

vl1

i am sorry but tell me WHY ANYONE should do ANYTHING with their flight simulator settings if your scenery is BAD!

and EVERYBODY knows about it! and i am sure including you.

guys on the french and russian forums have THE SAME isuues with Orly and a lot of people are reversing to the 2005 payware.

as far as i can see you didn't even bother to do the LODs normally. when you are 10 miles away from the scenery and you zoom you can see ALL OF THE OBJECTS ALREADY DRAWN AND PRESENT despite that they need to do that step-by-step at a closer approach.

and please stop convincing everyone that it is not the scenery problem and that it is an anomaly. the scenerely is CRAP and until you remake ik you will have plenty of money backs and no customers.

and i will add,

i am sorry, but why latest FSDreamteam Dallas with full settings and much better design and level of detail works better that Orly?

i hope everyone agreess that this Orly scenery is just a failure which needes to be completely remade

wow, vl1, you sound sooo angry :P

But I can understand, I've deactivated Orly on my side, because of the performance issue. Performance issue which screws not only Orly, but also

the whole Paris south area when you arrive from the south to CDG. I did not pay attention to the LODs, but if indeed the scenery has no LOD built, then it is a scandal, from aerosoft.

I havent looked at the LODs so far, because that simply cant be: a scenery released nowadays by a major and famous editor, without LODs, is impossible.

I hope you're wrong and that AS will make some communication about the problem soon and release some update so that I can re-activate the scenery again.

I disagree that Orly is 'a complete failure': it's very nice. It suffers however a terrible performance problem that I'm sure can be fixed easily, and will be. Not sure if it misses LODs as you say, perhaps just a bad LOD architecture that can always be tunned by the designer.

Hi vl1,

such posts don't make me angry - but disappointed.

For me Orly has two flaws:

One with the frames (but not at every place on the scenery), one with the flickering groundtextures on nvidia-graphic cards).

And maybe a third small one with using ADE for creating the AFCAD, because users loose the exclude area when using the common AFCAD-tool.

To classify a scenery as a failure and to be completely remade don't lead to the way to success - in my eyes.

First the one with the flickering: This is s.th. which could be solved within a view minutes - or from yourself with enabling mipmaps with imagetool. But I would wait, this isn't a big effort.

Then the performance. You're right. Even Dallas has more performance. At some places I have on my computer 16 fps, that's less than expected. But I'm sure, Peter will have a look at this point. And for me the right way to help here isn't making a fuzz about it. Even more a view days after a release. I'll take your side when a view months would have passed without a change.

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone...

Same issues for me:

- Very low frame rate (my average FPS is almost always locked at 40 then at Orly with aerosoft scenery the fps goes down as low as 8 and averaging 10-12).

- Flickering textures.

- And the biggest issue: A lot of houses and trees on runway 06/24 starting from half of the runway 24 all the way down toward the threshold 06 (impossible to use this rwy), actually all the houses and trees are not only on the runway but they are covering the southern half portion of the scenery (see images below).

Bug_LFPO_1.jpg

Bug_LFPO_2.jpg

I don't have any FranceVFR scenery neither AES installed but I have UltimateTerrain Europe.

Like everybody else, I am really waiting a solution and/or a patch correcting those issues...

Thank you for your hard work.

Alex

Hello Alex,

I found a solution to fix autogen issue on rwy 06. I added an exclude in the AFCAD. Give me your email adress and I'll send it to you.

I added also glide antennas if you wish.

Charles.

Hello Charles,

Well, thanks a lot for your help. It is very much appreciated...

Here is my E-Mail:

fattoumalex@hotmail.com

I will enjoy having the glide antenna as well...

Alex

Hello everyone,

After having tested Charles's temporary patch for the trees, houses and ILS antenna I must say that it is working just fine.

Thanks a lot Charles for your great job !!

Concerning Aerosoft, is anyone can tell me if they are still working on an official patch as well as working on fixing the flickering and low FPS issues ??

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Guys if you look in the updates section of your account they have the updated mipped textures there for LFPO. The textures look excellent now, no more flicker or shimmering.

Also I noticed a new installer on my pruchased products page. It has fixed the AES lite traffic on the land side (the road), it no longer disappears....

Forgive me if this information was posted already....

Guys if you look in the updates section of your account they have the updated mipped textures there for LFPO. The textures look excellent now, no more flicker or shimmering.

Also I noticed a new installer on my pruchased products page. It has fixed the AES lite traffic on the land side (the road), it no longer disappears....

Forgive me if this information was posted already....

Hello altstiff,

Thanks a lot for your informations, actually you made me discover those sections from aerosoft website. I didn't know that before.

I have downloaded the updates and I will give it a try...

Alex

After some more flights, there is definitely a problem with the Orly scenery, I have deactivated for good now, untill it's fixed.

I dont know, it could also have something to do with the landclass file, not necessarily the scenery. I noticed the frame rate drop yesterday when my aircraft was parked at Charles-De-Gaulle!

As soon as the view points the direction of Orly, which is 40nm away, dramatic frame loss (from 30 to 16-17). So I deactivated Orly, restarted FS with the exact same situation in CDG, and the fps return to normal immediately.

This is bizarre, because when I sit right at Orly and pan the camera around, the fps are almost normal. I hope Peter will report back to us soon.

• Upvote 1

Same observation that arnaud

Same issue for me as well...

I have installed both the mipmaps ground and mipmaps texture patchs provided by aerosoft's support but they improved the fps by 4-5 only. Still got abnormal loss of FPS.

Please Aerosoft, could you be kind to let us know if you are working on those issues? Don't want a date for the patch here, just few kind words to reassure us...

Thank you for your cooperation.

Alex

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone

New to this forum. I installed megascenery Orly FS9 and I encountered the same problems as you all : flickering textures and FPS drop....

I read above that an update is available that solves the flickering problem, but was unable to find it into My account / update section.

So my question is : Where Can I Find This Update ??

Thanks in advance to you

John33