Paris Orly FS9 initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Hello Peter, nice to see you posting and participating directly here :)

Do you think you can look into the performance issues? Perhaps it's something easy that just slipped through beta testing, like some missing LODs somehwere

in the scenery? I know sometime 3d objects compilers act silly and screw LODs.

I cant stress enough how beautiful Orly is, but it deserves better performance. As I wrote, something is wrong with the west terminals.

And now that you're here in person, perhaps you might want to reply to a question I posted twice but never got any reply from M. Kok: have you ever

considered porting NiceX to fs9? That's off topic and I apologize, but I'm sure many people here would love to hear your answer.

Have a great day anyway, and thank you for your work!

Regards

Hello,

I will think because of the FPS in the FS9 again some. It will be difficult.

Many thanks for the informations, I will examine it. ;-)

Nice FS9? we think about it.

Hallo,

nice to hear that with Nice ;-) Madeira would be fine as well for FS9 ;-)

But regarding the lower fps at Orly: I also have the same problem, stuttering starts (on my system a smooth stuttering, but noticeable) as soon as the view is towards the large terminal area.

By the way, I made the AFD file now x-winded, that means the use of simultaneous use of the runways, maybe not 100% correct like in real but there is no more only one runway in use. Can I post it here in the forum??

Kind regards,

Axel

Bonjour Jean-Philippe,

The problem with the double AFCAD is going to be solved with a new installer.

However, regarding the modifications of the AFCAD, actually because the exclusion zones it can't be modified with Lee Sword's AFCAD program, only with ADE. I tried myself actually at the office to modify it and got the default buildings of Orly after the changes. Then I tried with ADE and all worked fine.

You can modify it but only, as far as i know with ADE.

Regards,

Alex

Thanks for the answer, Alex.

However, any chance to see an "exclude" patch, as for Amsterdam ?

So users can still use Lee Swordy's AFCAD program (as I find ADE9x less "user-friendly" for a quick modification).

Nice FS9? we think about it.

Indeed, Nice for FS9 would be perfect ! :-)

Resgards,

Hallo,

nice to hear that with Nice ;-) Madeira would be fine as well for FS9 ;-)

But regarding the lower fps at Orly: I also have the same problem, stuttering starts (on my system a smooth stuttering, but noticeable) as soon as the view is towards the large terminal area.

By the way, I made the AFD file now x-winded, that means the use of simultaneous use of the runways, maybe not 100% correct like in real but there is no more only one runway in use. Can I post it here in the forum??

Kind regards,

Axel

Hi Axel,

Have you made it for FS9 version?

Possible to test it? That could be very helpfull!! :D (I could take a look why in my AFD didn't work :(.)

Can you send it to me to alejandro.diaz@aerosoft.com?

Thanks a lot

Alex

Hi,

first of all, it's a very nice scenery! Thank's for it!

But I've got some Problems with the framerate, especially when the Terminals come into view. And i've got Problems with "flickering"

groundtextures.

Best Regards

Niels :)

EDIT: I'm using the FS9 version.

• Upvote 1

The arpon traffic and train are always working totally fine.

It is just the road traffic:

The landside and highway traffic in front of the terminals and south of the terminals.

It sometimes appears for a minute or so, sometimes not at all. Sometimes only parts of it appear and then dissappear after a while.

Yes same thing here Oliver.

First of all - fantastic job - thank you so much! ;)

And about bugs - the same like others. :(

So - the main bug is fps. Too low fps, for example when I approaching in Mega Airport London Heatrhrow I have got about 50 fps and in Orly the fps is only 16! :( Any chance for increasing fps?

The second bug is the trees in rwy 06/24. :(

Axel H - can you also send me the file? My email is cuube@interia.pl . Thanks!

Thanks for your input Peter, and for letting us hope for LFMN too.

About Orly, if sometime you plan to make an update available, it could also be useful to include optional mippped textures

for the ground and runways. I added myself mipmaps (using DXTBmp) to all the ground and runways textures, and the shimmering is gone.

The downside of this is that adding mips to dxt3 bitmaps slightly dammages the quality(double compression), so we'd appreciate if you could

add the mips on your original uncompressed textures in the future (I noticed that all the textures are mipmapped except ground and runways')

If you manage to find the cause of the performance issue and sort it, no doubt Orly will be another true masterpiece.

Last, I join the crowd of people asking for an optional exclude file, for old farts like us who prefer Lee Swordy's AFCAD editor over ADE.

Regards

Hello,

First of all, many thanks to be involved in the Paris Orly project.

But here, same issues than other peoples :

Flickering and shimmering ground textures (car parks essentially) wheatever the video setting are in FS game or via Nhancer (Nvidia card)

Dramatic FPS drop when South or West terminal come into view. I loss about 15 fps (FS locked at 30) even with the default Cessna,

clear weather :(

Noticed also that when flying far from (airport not yet visible) but towards Orly the FPS are going down in the same way, with stuttering. As soon as Orly position is out of the camera view field, FPS rise again.

I never experienced such FPS hit with other complex scenery (Aerosoft, Flytampa, FSdreamteam.....)

I saw the trees on RWY 24/06 once, with sparse buildings just beside, like the default scenery was interacting with yours, but it doesn't happen since.

When initializing a flight (location active Rwy 24) what seems to be the default Orly runways textures appear briefly, with a light offset, before Mega Orly loading is complete, could it be a clue ?

As it is, Orly is unflyable for me, hope you will be able to fix it. Thank you.:)

Best regards (FS9.1, XP SP3)

Georges

Hello again,

Loaded the defauft Cessna in Paris CDG2008 (Aerosoft mega airport), rwy 26r holding point. Clear weather,daytime, scenery "extremely dense". Cessna was heading south.

Panning around the Cessna gave me a nice 28/30 fps (FS blocked to 30) except when the camera view was pointing to the 200/210° wich is the Orly bearing from CDG. The fps then dropped to 13/14 fps.

Desactiving Mega Orly in the scenary library solved this FPS issue.

Hope this help.

Georges

• Upvote 1

First of all, thank you for this long-awaited airport scenery.

:)

Regarding the trees issue on runways, affected users must checked if they have FranceVFR various "Paris Pack" installed. This was a problem with any LFPO scenery, be it FS original or 3rd parties. A patch was available on their Forum that fixed it.

From my side I have a complain about the ground traffic. Moving buses, vans and other tow tractors are running through static luggage carts, blast fences and building walls in several areas. Compared to other Aerosoft releases this part of the scenery was neglicted and need to be corrected.

Also I experienced a drop in FPS* near the main buildings like Terminal South, going from 35 FPS on the runway down to 10-15 while taxying to Terminals. I read the instruction PDF warning about drops when using full AI and I am well aware of it but this does not happened on my others sceneries (except the FSDT Kennedy Airport)...

Finally some "photorealistic" wall textures are a bit soft, with "embeded vehicles" that look more FS2002 than FS9.

Like many user's opinion this scenery is in need of a patch to make it fully enjoyable.

Best Regards,

H-G

* Core2 Quad Q6600 2,40GHz, XP SP 3, RAM 3GB, ATI HD4800, all current airlines FP for LFPO installed

• Upvote 1

Despite my very powerful PC; when i'm in approach on rwy 26, my fps are below 16 !

This Scenery is very beautiful, so it's unfortunately !

Oliver, please remake the texture,

Best Regards and thanks for your good work !

My system :

CPU Speed : ~3.00 GHZ

System Memory : 3326 MB

Hard Drive Space: 1000 GB Free

Desktop Mode : Windows V7 32 bit colors

Card Type : GeForce GTX 275

/PCI/SSE2Intel I7

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Oliver, please remake the texture

Sorry, I am not responsable for the scenery, it's not my project.

I only can offer you to play with the LFPO Traffic tool and reduce the AESLite traffic, maybe it helps to save same frames, until Peter find a way to reduce some parts to get more options to optimize it,

• Upvote 1

I must confess - I have just killed Orly from my HD. When I saw the screenshots my thought was "must have".

I just did a flight from EDDH. Apart from the low framerates the graphics are not at all what I would expect from an Aerosoft product. Depiction of the terminals is beautiful. Really. But the direct surroundings are downright lousy. They look as if I deactivated anti-aliasing. I have never experienced that with an Aerosoft airport before. And I have heaps of them. I'm deeply disappointed.

I haven't changed anything in my graphics settings. LFPG looks as usual: Fantastic. LFPO on my setup: Rotten. Like some freeware products 5 or 6 years ago. The funny thing is - that only occurs when it comes to runways and surroundings like parking lots (probably, because they are barely identifiable) etc.

Not that it makes any difference because I've already deleted it, but I don't have any further addons "below the surface" like France VFR, mesh stuff or whatever. Just additional airports to avoid unnecessary interference.