Paris Orly FS9 initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Hello,

I just bought PARIS ORLY and I saw a lot of trees and buildings on beginning of runway 06 and really near to rwy 02-20.

In addition, runways are not used as in the real life for any runway. In the scenery it is like that : T/O and Landings on rwy 26 and on rwy 06. Nothing at all on rwy's 08 and 24.

But the main problem is the trees and buildings !

Please help !!!

Regards,

Charles.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

AES-Lite road traffic disappears after a few seconds the scenery is loaded! (got CDG installed as well)

Did you install CDG after Orly?

Do you have AES installed?

• Upvote 1

Hello Shaun,

Hereunder, you'll find 2 issues I've found so far:

First of all, during the install process, I've enabled the option "use the AI aircraft with fix park positions".

By doing so, the installer activates two AF2 files at the same time (AF2_LFPO_9_Airlines.bgl, as well as AF2_LFPO_9.bgl).

However, after having fully uninstalled and then re-installed the scenery without selecting this option from the installer anymore, only the file AF2_LFPO_9.bgl is active, and the file AF2_LFPO_9_Airlines.off is properly de-activated.

Second -and certainly the most critical issue-;

When I launch FS9 after having freshly re-installed Orly scenery, everything runs perfectly well.

However, I then wanted to modify the "AF2" file with Lee Swordy's very old AFCAD freeware, to set it to my own standards.

I applied some very small modifications in it (for instance; changing the airline code assignment for a given gate/parking position, or deleting a parking spot from the original AF2 file) and saved it.

After having saved the modified file AF2_LFPO_9.bgl and re-started FS9, the file size surprisingly jumped from 87 Kb to... 64 Kb !

But more annoying, now, some kind of built-in "exclude code" apparently disappeared from your original AF2_XXXX file and all default FS9 buildings are re-appearing through the Aerosoft ones !!!

Which means that any AFCAD modification from the original installed ones are purely and simply impossible... :-(

Would it be possible then to have a seperate exclude fix in order to be able to modify any of these two AFCAD files (with or without gate code assignment) without the devastating effect of seeing the ugly default FS9 building embedded in the middle of your scenery ?

Thanks a million.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe

Hello Shaun,

First of all, during the install process, I've enabled the option "use the AI aircraft with fix park positions".

By doing so, the installer activates two AF2 files at the same time (AF2_LFPO_9_Airlines.bgl, as well as AF2_LFPO_9.bgl).

However, after having fully uninstalled and then re-installed the scenery without selecting this option from the installer anymore, only the file AF2_LFPO_9.bgl is active, and the file AF2_LFPO_9_Airlines.off is properly de-activated.

When I launch FS9 after having freshly re-installed Orly scenery, everything runs perfectly well.

However, I then wanted to modify the "AF2" file with Lee Swordy's very old AFCAD freeware, to set it to my own standards.

I applied some very small modifications in it (for instance; changing the airline code assignment for a given gate/parking position, or deleting a parking spot from the original AF2 file) and saved it.

After having saved the modified file AF2_LFPO_9.bgl and re-started FS9, the file size surprisingly jumped from 87 Kb to... 64 Kb !

But more annoying, now, some kind of built-in "exclude code" apparently disappeared from your original AF2_XXXX file and all default FS9 buildings are re-appearing through the Aerosoft ones !!!

Which means that any AFCAD modification from the original installed ones are purely and simply impossible... :-(

Would it be possible then to have a seperate exclude fix in order to be able to modify any of these two AFCAD files (with or without gate code assignment) without the devastating effect of seeing the ugly default FS9 building embedded in the middle of your scenery ?

Thanks a million.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe

i think AFCAD was made in ADE9 so it can be only modified in ADE the same issue as we had with Amsterdam...

Hello again,

so all problems wiches could be encountered are :

- Trees and buildings on runways (their emplacements depend of AFCAD selected) ;

- Both AFCADs do not manage real runways use (one runway in use on each airport configuration) ;

- Glide antenna is missing for rwy 26 and is incomplete for rwy 24 (other things to check).

Regards,

Charles.

I just bought the Orly scenery and tested it: it is definitely a beautiful scenery, very nice.

I also have DeGaulle installed, with heavy traffic. I made for test purpose two short flights CDG-ORY-CDG with the PMDG MD11, and it appears that Orly suffers

a major frame rate issue. While CDG is smooth as silk (I have a rather strong PC), getting not less than 27fps all around, nearing Orly makes the

frame rate dive. While panning around Orly scenery, it's smooth untill the west termninals come into view.

Approaching orly and departing Orly also affects frame rate significantly, and strong hickups when flying in and out of Orly.

So unless I am the only one, I believe the scenery needs some more tuning.

Apart from that, again, the scenery looks marvellous.

• Upvote 1

Hello :)

I have one big issue : The antialiasing is very bad ! It affects parking textures and grass texture and it makes the scenery look ugly. I have a lot of mega airport such as EDDF LFPG LEMD and EHAM and I have never had this king of problem :/

Is there a way to solve this problem ?

Regards

I just bought also Orly scenery and just tested on a flight, yes it is definitely a beautiful scenery, very good job and very nice ambiance.

Well ... no problem with my FS9 and CGD install before ... just very hard for the CPU in approach, because whole scenery appears and loads into memory at once time and not gradually as with: London or CDG ... at 6 Nm from airport is necessary wait a long time for upload all scenery in memory computeur and when the scenery appears, the fps down very hard ...

I think is great if the complexe texture appears just at the last moment and also the little building and or detail scenery appears gradually ...

Put AI traffic on off and just one fps win ...

it's smooth untill the west termninals come into view.
That's the same for me ... when this terminal is on the screen the fps dramatical down ...

In versus London or CDG, Orly is 3X more slow on my P.C.

But yes also make my test in hard condition ... dusk time, heavy wheather, complexe A320, 50% AI traffic ... = 3 fps in approach ... lol ...

But that's great ... not crach computer <;)

• Upvote 1

I too am seeing the road traffic disappearing/ or not there at all. Noticed too with the traffic tool both light and heavy are enabled at the same time.....

(AES 2.07 installed and Mega LFPG installed BEFORE LFPO)

As well the shimmer is really bad on the ground textures. Lack of Mip Mapping I suspect?

It is a bit frame rate heavy too (not show stopping but much more than LFPG)

Also, should Orly be above or below LFPG in the scenery CFG order?

• Upvote 1

• Developer

I too am seeing the road traffic disappearing/ or not there at all. Noticed too with the traffic tool both light and heavy are enabled at the same time.....

Can you say, in which area the traffic stop's? Did you still see the arpon traffic? Is the train driving? Is there still traffic in front of the Terminals?

I think I know what will happen, but I must check this later, when I got the release version.

The arpon traffic and train are always working totally fine.

It is just the road traffic:

The landside and highway traffic in front of the terminals and south of the terminals.

It sometimes appears for a minute or so, sometimes not at all. Sometimes only parts of it appear and then dissappear after a while.

• Developer

The arpon traffic and train are always working totally fine.

It is just the road traffic:

The landside and highway traffic in front of the terminals and south of the terminals.

It sometimes appears for a minute or so, sometimes not at all. Sometimes only parts of it appear and then dissappear after a while.

Thanks, I will check this.

• Developer

Any solution about trees and buildings on runway 06 ?

Can you please list the Addons you have installed (payware/freeware) which could effect the area, that will help the support.

I don't think that the tree's will be there, when default or UTE ist installed. Maybe a FranceVFR addon?

Good try but I did not get any other add-on installed. Another guy who bought the scenery yesterday get the same problem...

And about the AFCAD ? Do you get any idea ? Is it normal that only rwy 06 is in use face in East and 26 face in West for T/O and landings ?

Hello,

on Rwy 06 I cannot reconstruct the problem with the trees and houses.

In the real world the runways 06/24 and 08/26 are the main runways in Paris-Orly. According to the wind direction

runway 08 or 24 is used for takeoffs and runway 06 or 26 is used for landings. Due the technical limitations in Flight Simulator it’s not possible

to assign a runway to takeoffs or landings only.

Hello Shaun,

Thanks a million.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe

Bonjour Jean-Philippe,

The problem with the double AFCAD is going to be solved with a new installer.

However, regarding the modifications of the AFCAD, actually because the exclusion zones it can't be modified with Lee Sword's AFCAD program, only with ADE. I tried myself actually at the office to modify it and got the default buildings of Orly after the changes. Then I tried with ADE and all worked fine.

You can modify it but only, as far as i know with ADE.

Regards,

Alex