click appr and the plane tries to climb at 4000ft/mins+?

mindyerbeak

For some reason whenever I line up with the runway and click appr the plane tries to climb 4000ft/min+ and if I don't disconnect and land it manually I end up in the bushes.

Am i missing something ?

Thanks

Vic

For some reason whenever I line up with the runway and click appr the plane tries to climb 4000ft/min+ and if I don't disconnect and land it manually I end up in the bushes.

Am i missing something ?

Thanks

Vic

Since the first update I'm having the same problem. I have no clue what the problem is. I am going to try the latest patch now. I hope it's stable again.

Martin

Since the first update I'm having the same problem. I have no clue what the problem is. I am going to try the latest patch now. I hope it's stable again.

Martin

what patch ? I installed the 1.11 version just now and I will test it tomorrow.If it happens to you too that means that somehting is wrong or we're both making the same mistake lol.

vic

ok with 1.10 I had this problem - haven't had a chance to try it again so I didn't report it. I'll install 1.11 before testing again - nice to know it wasn't just me :)

ok with 1.10 I had this problem - haven't had a chance to try it again so I didn't report it. I'll install 1.11 before testing again - nice to know it wasn't just me :)

Did you have a look at it Balus ?

I hope the devs will have a look at this issue.

I'm having the same problem: despite being in managed mode and tracking lateral navigation just fine, I'm seeing a radical climb rate after reaching 10000, V/S well beyond what Mathijs posted as the climb schedule . The managed speed shows 300, but I'm seeing 240 and falling until a stall...there's no managed ascent at all even though all indications are for a managed mode. This is on FSX/Acceleration on Win7 64-bit. I've tried several times, following the tutorial religiously (I think), but would welcome any ideas as to what I may be missing. Thanks.

Same here. Great looking aircraft but flying it hasn't been fun up to now. 8 FSX crashes since yesterday afternoon...

Downloaded 1.11 at the weekend and spent hours reading the manuals and forums - having problems with Saitek hardware and most of the other stuff people describe. Got it finally working although I am not sure I understand all of the behaviour. Established myself on the GS, used LOC first as was suggested by someone and then engaged APPR when established - all hell broke loose. 4000+ ft/min climb. TOGA and Max Thrust engaged and I was shooting up like a rocket - went into a stall and was flying upside down. Somehow managed to turn off ATHR and AP and took over just to level off a couple of meters over the sea. I don't want to know what the cabin looked like after that - guess my airline lost another couple of hundred passengers :rolleyes:

Seriously - up to now I feel like a beta tester for this aircraft. I own the Wilco Feelthere busses and never had these kind of issues. I can somehow accept that Aerosoft reduces the complexity to make this aircraft easier to fly (although this is not really what I hoped for). But this here and other peculiarities are not really acceptable. Let's hope that SP1 which is supposed to be in the making will fix the most pressing issues such as this one (e.g. loading any of the predefined panel states will ALWAYS get you to Cold & Dark no matter what you select. Only my own saved states do work as expected - great when trying out the cruise state after you finally managed to take off and you sit in a dark cockpit with 2 dying engines...)

I should add that I've loaded a fresh install of version 1.11 after deleteing anything related to earlier versions as recommended by another poster to this forum. Tried again last night to attain an event-free flight but again, the vertical flight was uncontrolled...the airbus just climbs and climbs.

I guess I'll try another fresh fsx.cfg approach, but I admit that that grows tiresome when all of my other add-ons (PMDG MD-11, PMDGJ4100, FeeThere ERJ-145 v2, Simcheck A300B4, etc) run just fine.

Any hints would be deeply appreciated, thanks.

You only really need to use the APPR button. LOC is there for airports that don't have a glideslope facility.

What I havent seen mentioned in your posts is the use of AP2. Once the glideslope has been captured you need to press AP2 and you will see Dual appear on the PFD.

So, first of all you press APPR and when the glideslope is active press AP2 so that the autopilot is controlling both pitch and heading.

Without dual mode the airbus will struggle.

Chris

You only really need to use the APPR button. LOC is there for airports that don't have a glideslope facility.

What I havent seen mentioned in your posts is the use of AP2. Once the glideslope has been captured you need to press AP2 and you will see Dual appear on the PFD.

So, first of all you press APPR and when the glideslope is active press AP2 so that the autopilot is controlling both pitch and heading.

Without dual mode the airbus will struggle.

Chris

Thats correct

AND you guys have to set your altitude to 100ft then click the APPR button under the VS this is when you are on glideslope (On final)with the ILS frequency and course and DH or MDA set in the FMGS

I do not understand why I have to reset the altitude to 100ft... APPR mode overrides that anyway. Real world procedures would have you set the missed approach altitude off the approach chart on glideslope capture anyway

For an ILS approach, you need to set a decision height for the radar altimeter or decision altitude if the reference is the barometric pressure altimeter for CATI approaches, minimum descent altitude is something you would use for visual approaches, if I remember correctly...

You do not need to wind down the FCU altitude to 100...

Andrew

It is not necessary to change FCU altitude.

Normal appraoch altitude is around 3000 ft. Set that in the FCU for the descend.

Once the glideslope it captured it will start going down the glideslope.

Finn

Flew into LEAL yesterday on IVAO , pressed LOC APPR AP2 then all hell broke loose , started climbing at +4000fpm , managed to disconnect and bring in manually , but after some questioning from twr controller ......:lol: .

This is not the only time with the same issue , fortunatley i do prefer landing manually , but i suspect others dont and its an issue that does need resolving .

After some more test flying I got APPR and Autoland to work quite reliably. Rule is not to rush into the approach or attempt to have the bus catch the ILS at too close a distance. In both cases you will most likely fail and have to take things into your own hands.

The procedure I follow is to set the RAD/NAV with the ILS Freq AND the CRS first and enable LS. Then make sure that you fly the correct path to the ILS, intercept with no more than 60 deg (better 30) otherwise the bus will swing around quite a bit until homed in. When engaging APPR you should still be under the GS and at least 12nm from the threshold. It is also important to manage the speed and flaps carefully. And yes, follow the manuals and checklists from Aerosoft.

I don't want to say that there is no problem with the AFS - it can be quite unstable under certain conditions. If this plane is for the non-expert flying community it needs to be a bit more forgiving... :-)

After some more test flying I got APPR and Autoland to work quite reliably. Rule is not to rush into the approach or attempt to have the bus catch the ILS at too close a distance. In both cases you will most likely fail and have to take things into your own hands.

The procedure I follow is to set the RAD/NAV with the ILS Freq AND the CRS first and enable LS. Then make sure that you fly the correct path to the ILS, intercept with no more than 60 deg (better 30) otherwise the bus will swing around quite a bit until homed in. When engaging APPR you should still be under the GS and at least 12nm from the threshold. It is also important to manage the speed and flaps carefully. And yes, follow the manuals and checklists from Aerosoft.

I don't want to say that there is no problem with the AFS - it can be quite unstable under certain conditions. If this plane is for the non-expert flying community it needs to be a bit more forgiving... :-)

To be honest,I have done all that was suggested above on many occasions but the bus still tries to climb as if there was no tomorrow and it is a real pita.

I found out that my problems with autolanding had to do with the speed: I found out was flying to fast during approach and that I need to use the speed brake all the way up to F speed at which I set flaps 3 and full and then arm the ground spoilers. I don't arm them earlier because I need the speed brake badly. Once FSX ATC tells me to intercept the ILS, I enable APPR and AP2 (AP1 is already on: I don't use LOC), I set Vapp into the FCU and use full speed brakes to slow the plane down: I try to reach Vapp before having intercepted the G/S (LOC is no problem) and then autoland goes fine. When I am not at the right speed when intercepting G/S, things may go wrong...