Paris Orly FSX Initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Hi there,

Some good news.

I tweaked my fsx.cfg again, regarding Jesus Altuve advice, and made some change and can obtain now over 15fps.

I'm just surprise that on Runway 26 with Aerosoft Bus, I reached 17/19 but with Flight one ATR on runway 6, back to 8 fps at the entry of the runway and for the all takeoff.

Traffic still dramatically decrease frame rate.

I do continue to test this scenery with other planes and other rules...

Marc

Hi Frank,

Yes I do have Windows 7 64 bits ultimate but not this problem.

I've just tried to rename all LFPO objects outside Mega Orly folder, did you tried that ?

Marc

I didn't rename any files. I removed all references to LFPO throughout my FSX folder. Nothing seems to work.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Can you tell me what kind of message you get in the windows 7 event viewer ?

Marc

I'm not really sure what you are asking. I'm not getting any kind of info or error messages from the OS. Please explain. Thanks

BTW - I rechecked the scenery again this morning. There are no terminal building or jetways present when the airport is displayed.

In fact if FSX crash you must find errors in the "Event Viewer".

Do you know how to find it ?

In the start menu, just type "Event" in the "Search programs and files" and you'll have "Event viewer" in the list.

It should be something like this in your language as that' it in french.

You'll have critical errors in the Windows part / Application or System.

General information would be useful...

Send me an email if you prefer...

Marc

In fact if FSX crash you must find errors in the "Event Viewer".

Do you know how to find it ?

In the start menu, just type "Event" in the "Search programs and files" and you'll have "Event viewer" in the list.

It should be something like this in your language as that' it in french.

You'll have critical errors in the Windows part / Application or System.

General information would be useful...

Send me an email if you prefer...

Marc

I understand now. Here is what I found:

APPLICATIONS

9/10, 9/12, 9/13, 9/15 - Side by Side - fsx\modules\PFCFSX.dll (Pete Dowson PFC driver module)

9/10 - Application Error LVDL.dll (Level D Simulations B763 addon)

9/12 - Application Error fsx.exe fs-traffic.dll [9 times on this date] (Microsoft application extension)

9/12 - Application Error fsx.exe ai_player.dll [2 times on this date] (Microsoft application extension)

9/13 - Application Error fsx.exe g3d.dll (Microsoft application extension)

9/15 - Application Error fsx.exe Windows interface stopped

I'm not sure what caused these problems since I have successfully executed FSX without incident.

SYSTEM

Several warnings issued by the system - Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trused applications.

Warning - Name resolution for the name ZQ.circlemarch.info timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Critical 9/13 - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Error 9/13 - The previous system shutdown at 5:57:25 AM on 9/13/2010 was unexpected.

Error 9/10 - Could not disable interrupts on connected port device \Device\PointerClass3

Warning 9/10 - Name resolution for the name pantsletter.ru timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Frank

I understand now. Here is what I found:

APPLICATIONS

9/10, 9/12, 9/13, 9/15 - Side by Side - fsx\modules\PFCFSX.dll (Pete Dowson PFC driver module)

9/10 - Application Error LVDL.dll (Level D Simulations B763 addon)

9/12 - Application Error fsx.exe fs-traffic.dll [9 times on this date] (Microsoft application extension)

9/12 - Application Error fsx.exe ai_player.dll [2 times on this date] (Microsoft application extension)

9/13 - Application Error fsx.exe g3d.dll (Microsoft application extension)

9/15 - Application Error fsx.exe Windows interface stopped

I'm not sure what caused these problems since I have successfully executed FSX without incident.

Unfortunately these are common errors with FSX and Windows seven, but not only with MA Orly X (and may be not at all).

I do have or had some of those messages also and FSX still crash sometimes, I don't know really why, but it does not so much as yours.

What I did to reduce some of those was to use fully qualified path for all programs and dll in dll.xml :

C:\Users\User.Domain (or) User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

for example I replaced :

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

with <Launch.Addon>

<Path>(F):\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

I notified a few left errors after that, may be because Windows 7 doesn't use the same file and path system as the previous OS (XP for example) and prefer fully qualified path.

I had some troubles with Oracle and data base tools on the same matter.

I'm still not sure if all data are well recognized now but I found Fsx more stable, and it worked (partially) for me .

Do you use compatibility mode ?

Warning 9/10 - Name resolution for the name pantsletter.ru timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

I think you have won a malware . :blush: ...

Marc

Unfortunately these are common errors with FSX and Windows seven, but not only with MA Orly X (and may be not at all).

I do have or had some of those messages also and FSX still crash sometimes, I don't know really why, but it does not so much as yours.

What I did to reduce some of those was to use fully qualified path for all programs and dll in dll.xml :

C:\Users\User.Domain (or) User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

for example I replaced :

<Launch.Addon>

<Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

with <Launch.Addon>

<Path>(F):\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

I notified a few left errors after that, may be because Windows 7 doesn't use the same file and path system as the previous OS (XP for example) and prefer fully qualified path.

I had some troubles with Oracle and data base tools on the same matter.

I'm still not sure if all data are well recognized now but I found Fsx more stable, and it worked (partially) for me .

Do you use compatibility mode ?

I think you have won a malware . :blush: ...

Marc

Marc,

I haven't tried the changes but I edited all of the applicable *.xml files and placed full paths into all the entries. We'll see what happens.

Regarding the malware - this item was picked up by my malware software and cleaned.

I execute FSX using the "Run As Administrator" at all times - including any *.bat files I use to put software into the mix.

Frank

Hope this will help you...

I rechecked all my settings and executed FSX once more. Before going to Orly, I navigated to CDG and checked the scenery by overflying the airport for 10 minutes. Other than some problems with vehicle traffic moving in some strange locations, the airport display was correct and AI traffic seemed to be as installed.

Then, I navigated to Orly. There were no terminal buildings, no jetways, very little AI traffic. This scenery is not displaying correctly. I don't know why Orly would not display and other Aerosoft packages did. There is definitely something wrong on my system that is causing this display problem. I've done everything I can think of to enable this package.

Perhaps it is a foolish position but my feeling is that I've wasted my money on this one.

Frank

I rechecked all my settings and executed FSX once more. Before going to Orly, I navigated to CDG and checked the scenery by overflying the airport for 10 minutes. Other than some problems with vehicle traffic moving in some strange locations, the airport display was correct and AI traffic seemed to be as installed.

Then, I navigated to Orly. There were no terminal buildings, no jetways, very little AI traffic. This scenery is not displaying correctly. I don't know why Orly would not display and other Aerosoft packages did. There is definitely something wrong on my system that is causing this display problem. I've done everything I can think of to enable this package.

Perhaps it is a foolish position but my feeling is that I've wasted my money on this one.

Frank

Sometimes you just have to eat your own words. I'm the kind of person that hates to have a problem bring me to my knees. I had a thought (I know, watch out) that perhaps there was a problem with another scenery package or an AFCAD file (AFX). So, I copied my scenery.cfg file and put it safely away. Then, in the new config file (the copied one) I eliminated ALL scenery entries except for the default FSX, Orly, and the Aerosoft afd entries.

Then, I changed the name of the Addon Scenery folder so the system would not recognize it. Then I produced a couple of blank folders (Scenery and Texture) as placeholders. Without any other changes, I executed FSX and navigated to Orly. WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!!! There were buildings, jetways, and AI aircraft. So, I guess I'm going to hunt the culprit to see what file is preventing proper display of this airport.

I apologize to Aerosoft for doubting your design. :-)

Frank

I don't understand too !

I've a similar configuration without such problems.

The only thing that would be abble to give such a result would be a problem with another scenery.

Is it possible for you to send me a copy of your scenery list and may be also your fsx.cfg ?

If I can do something for you it will be with pleasure...

May be try a search in all Fsx directory for all file with LFPO (if you didn't did it)

Marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

first of all, you can handle the demanding performance by set the scenery density. Anyway we have experienced good framerates at all.

@ Influx: please post your installed pay- and freeware sceneries and utilities you use by loading the flight simulator at Orly.

A short description of your graphic settings would be great.

• Upvote 2

Good Scenery but the FPS is bad between 8-10 Worst than FSX default.

Hi guys,

I hope, this is a positive message for all of you, having bad frame-rates at OrlyX. First of all, I know that many simmers tweak their FSX.CFG, to get better frame-rates. If so, then it's OK of course. I never did that, because I never noticed any improvement. I guess, it's very computer dependent. Today, I downloaded a add-on from simmarket: FSPS-FSX Booster. I tried it out, and I'm very impressed with the frame-rate gain. I've attached a couple of images: without booster and with booster. See for yourself. I used the LevelD 767ER, parked at Orly, gate U4.

No FSPS-FSX booster:

FSPS-SX booster 1 and 2:

post-8147-040722500 1286711516_thumb.jpg

post-8147-033469100 1286711581_thumb.jpg

post-8147-001687600 1286711593_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hello,

first of all, you can handle the demanding performance by set the scenery density. Anyway we have experienced good framerates at all.

@ Influx: please post your installed pay- and freeware sceneries and utilities you use by loading the flight simulator at Orly.

A short description of your graphic settings would be great.

Thanks for this post,

In fact I've Orly X with a few payware installed :

FranceVFR Paris with all the addons of this company.

Addit pro to manage my sceneries

MyTrafficX with AirNav FSLive Traffic 3

REX 2.0 HD

Rex weather engine 2.0 on a another computer (Simconnect)

FSMAP on the same network machine

That's all for Orly neighborhood.

In fact I've similar problem with Mega Airport CDG

My FSX.CFG is tweaked as far as I can with really better performances regarding the first results I got.

My master computer :

Antec DF85 with Gigabyte X58A-UD7,

Core I7 960 at 4.2, (no HT for FSX)

16 Go of memory,

2 X 160Go Intel SSD HDD (one for the system and the other for FSX),

2 X 1,5 To Sata3 HDD,

2 X 5870 with CrossfireX (Catalyst 10.9): I use ATI CF Extension for FSX (few FPS better),

3 x NEC Multisync EA231WMi : 23" at 60Hz

2,0 Gbits/s Network team connection on the 2 "FSX" computers with a manageable switch between,

Windows 7 x64 Integral Edition,

FSX with Acc. pack.

Microsoft performance : 7.8

The slave one is an HP Workstation

I run FSX with a 5760 X 1080 resolution but lower resolution do not increase considerably performances (5 fps more).

That's what I can say at this moment.

Regards

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Since the version 1.01 for FSX, I'm having memory leak when flying around Orly... Can you give a solution please ?

My specs : Intel Core 2 Dual E8500, 4GB of RAM, GTX260 and Win 7.

Thanks

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I hope, this is a positive message for all of you, having bad frame-rates at OrlyX. First of all, I know that many simmers tweak their FSX.CFG, to get better frame-rates. If so, then it's OK of course. I never did that, because I never noticed any improvement. I guess, it's very computer dependent. Today, I downloaded a add-on from simmarket: FSPS-FSX Booster. I tried it out, and I'm very impressed with the frame-rate gain. I've attached a couple of images: without booster and with booster. See for yourself. I used the LevelD 767ER, parked at Orly, gate U4.

No FSPS-FSX booster:

FSPS-SX booster 1 and 2:

thank you very much for this addon, it helps a lot ! smile.gif

Eric